The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Been pretty quiet from the club in the last week. Normally it would be the time to build up a bit of excitement for the next home game or social media footage of the team in training etc. Trying to generate a bit of engagement. 
But I think after the Dunfermline game, it’s been good for a bit of a reset. 

18 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McDonald's (like fellow sponsors SpecSavers) runs a franchise model. It's not as if the matter of who to play at right back for the rest of the season is making the central board's minutes every month in Chicago.

In fairness you’d be better with a Big Mac playing right back than Nick McAllister. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

McDonald's (like fellow sponsors SpecSavers) runs a franchise model. It's not as if the matter of who to play at right back for the rest of the season is making the central board's minutes every month in Chicago.

I understand how franchising works, but the general public just see a McDonalds board and think of the global chain...they still need corporate approval from somewhere to use the logo

Does it really generate them extra business or is the franchisee just a fan and wanted to give the club some money he could write off the VAT on?

31 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I understand how franchising works, but the general public just see a McDonalds board and think of the global chain...they still need corporate approval from somewhere to use the logo

Does it really generate them extra business or is the franchisee just a fan and wanted to give the club some money he could write off the VAT on?

No idea, I do know they get some tickets for staff as part of the sponsorship deal though.

26 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I know the local area manager? of Mcds is a huge Ayr fan. I would think each franchise has to spend a certain amount on local sports ventures as part of the contract, you know... to kid on they're doing their part to reduce obesity ha! I personally always have a giggle about this, everytime I walk into the ground and see the golden arches! But it's £ in the bank so f**k it. At least we're not selling the stadium name to sponsorship... can you imagine the riots 🤣

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I know the local area manager? of Mcds is a huge Ayr fan. I would think each franchise has to spend a certain amount on local sports ventures as part of the contract, you know... to kid on they're doing their part to reduce obesity ha! I personally always have a giggle about this, everytime I walk into the ground and see the golden arches! But it's £ in the bank so f**k it. At least we're not selling the stadium name to sponsorship... can you imagine the riots 🤣

Aye, sure they had that McDonalds kids football thing a while back as well, mascots at various teams cutting about in McD's tabards

4 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Absolute bootiful! Maybe work on keeping hold of the ball... but a better performance than we've seen of late with our 1/2/3 keepers!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

In fairness you’d be better with a Big Mac playing right back than Nick McAllister. 

Ronald McDonald in nets, Hamburglar at right back.

Edited by Richey Edwards

22 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Absolute bootiful! Maybe work on keeping hold of the ball... but a better performance than we've seen of late with our 1/2/3 keepers!

The good thing is that when he’s not comfortable trying to hold the shots, he’s at least pushing it out of the danger area rather than just palming it anywhere 

1 hour ago, mugen_power said:

Does any sponsorship do anything?

I very much hope nobody was stupid enough to ever put money into Bitcoin Cash.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Does any sponsorship do anything?

I very much hope nobody was stupid enough to ever put money into Bitcoin Cash.

I bought £40 of Bitcoin cash 2 years ago and it’s now worth £76. 

we’ll see who your calling stupid in 30 years time when I cash this in

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I bought £40 of Bitcoin cash 2 years ago and it’s now worth £76. 

we’ll see who your calling stupid in 30 years time when I cash this in

I know multiple people who lost their life savings on that shit, for which I have congratulated myself on having never bothered to accumulate any life savings.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I know multiple people who lost their life savings on that shit, for which I have congratulated myself on having never bothered to accumulate any life savings.

Fools and their money easily parted and all that. 

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

MY right back 

copy-of-del-social-index-image-25-6480d9be1f7bb.thumb.png.73eec2b87cd57485a299f54930f74251.png