The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it had any bearing on the result whatsoever. Brown and Whittaker have maybe seen something they don’t like or maybe the pitch was more cut up in the SRE half so they’d rather warm up on the opposite end. 

It wasn’t the reason for Sanders giving a goal away or McHugh and Syla not being able to complete simple five yard passes. 

We’ll never know though because we are the silly c***s that pay in to watch this push every week. Why would the club have any dialogue with us about anything. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We’ll never know though because we are the silly c***s that pay in to watch this push every week. Why would the club have any dialogue with us about anything. 

Why would the club communicate to us that we moved where we warm up? 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Why would the club communicate to us that we moved where we warm up? 

Maybe because for the last 114 years we have warmed up and kicked off from the Somerset road end. The club are telling us nothing and if that doesn’t concern you, magic. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe because for the last 114 years we have warmed up and kicked off from the Somerset road end. The club are telling us nothing and if that doesn’t concern you, magic. 

Opposition teams deliberately turn us round because they know how important it can be, previous managers have spoken about what in brings. The atmosphere was dreadful the whole game. 
Why should the club tell us…..f**k me

Of all the stuff to get annoyed about you’ve chosen this? 

You’re seriously wanting the club to put a tweet out saying “for today’s match we’re actively choosing to change ends to warm up at and then kick off”. 

You’ve lost the fucking plot mate. 

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Brown saying Willoughby in hospital. 

Aye, that sounds a bit worrying. Hope the lads ok

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Absolute minter here 

Of all the things to go nuts about, it's the club no telling you why they warmed up in a certain way.

Tad over 2000 there today as well, not exactly a great advert for the fair weather fans. Unless there was a load of school kids there.

Instead of turning Tomlinson into a defender have we tried playing him in his natural position??

If this injury situation persists then I'm really worried, casually dropping that Willoughby is in hospital was a strange one.

This bipolar approach week in week out is mental, I don't know how we can be so inconsistent one week after another.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Of all the stuff to get annoyed about you’ve chosen this? 

You’re seriously wanting the club to put a tweet out saying “for today’s match we’re actively choosing to change ends to warm up at and then kick off”. 

You’ve lost the fucking plot mate. 

I wrote a 1000 word essay earlier in the thread about everything that was wrong today and most of it is the club telling us f**k all. You’re ok with that. Everything must be rosy then. 

Im wanting the club to actually engage with the support regularly rather than when they are just looking for money. 

Prematch press conferences and post match interviews are a waste of time, not one mention in either. Voice of reason never asked. They have their chance to speak to us and say f**k all. 

6 minutes ago, Peil said:

Absolute minter here 

Of all the things to go nuts about, it's the club no telling you why they warmed up in a certain way.

As I’ve previously posted, I’m fucking raging about a lot of things today. I took exception to someone saying it doesn’t matter and the club not telling us why they did it doesn’t matter. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I wrote a 1000 word essay earlier in the thread about everything that was wrong today and most of it is the club telling us f**k all. You’re ok with that. Everything must be rosy then. 

Im wanting the club to actually engage with the support regularly rather than when they are just looking for money. 

Prematch press conferences and post match interviews are a waste of time, not one mention in either. Voice of reason never asked. They have their chance to speak to us and say f**k all. 

I’ll say it again and hopefully it gets through. The club do not need to inform fans prior to a game that they are altering their warm up routine and then plan to choose to kick off facing the SRE. I agree communication could be better with regards to injured players especially when fans seem so hell bent on convincing themselves there’s been some mass fall out. However the club don’t need to run everything past fans. Are you wanting David Smith to tell you every time he goes for a shite as well? 

Posted (edited)

As I’ve previously posted, I’m fucking raging about a lot of things today. I took exception to someone saying it doesn’t matter and the club not telling us why they did it doesn’t matter. 

Cause that one matter does not matter one jot. No matter how hard you shout about it. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It was the sponsor who picked it and clearly did so to make a point that we were pish. I doubt Brown really cares that much. 

Is this not a rather dangerous approach in general given that the owner's expertise lies very much in the commercials and that the sponsors are, if not through direct evidence in some cases then at least by inference, his actual friends?

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll say it again and hopefully it gets through. The club do not need to inform fans prior to a game that they are altering their warm up routine and then plan to choose to kick off facing the SRE. I agree communication could be better with regards to injured players especially when fans seem so hell bent on convincing themselves there’s been some mass fall out. However the club don’t need to run everything past fans. Are you wanting David Smith to tell you every time he goes for a shite as well? 

This is a totally normal reaction to someone saying that it's weird that the home team warmed up in front of the away fans.

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I can remember several times it has been done this way, I even had the pleasure of being a mascot in the early 80s and we were at the railway end warming up. I think it matters in the second half for us to be shooting  towards SRE, that is about it. Todays choice may have had something to do with the wind conditions and thought we may have been smart getting some advantage. Shame the players didn't get the memo. 

Just now, Thumper said:

Is this not a rather dangerous approach in general given that the owner's expertise lies very much in the commercials and that the sponsors are, if not through direct evidence in some cases then at least by inference, his actual friends?

I don’t think this is the case for every game but some of the time, yes. The club can’t exactly prove it’s a piss take as Amartey was at least on the pitch.

I don’t particularly agree with the notion that we have to have a MOTM picked for every game especially for a game like today where there were no actual pass marks that could be given to players. 

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This is a totally normal reaction to someone saying that it's weird that the home team warmed up in front of the away fans.

I think demanding communication for this particular reason is one of the most bizarre things I’ve read on this forum. I’m finding it hard to actually believe it’s a serious suggestion. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I understood your point the first time. Your defence of the club is admirable. the dear leaders will be proud of you. 

You say communication could be better. It is currently zero. On all issues. Zip, nowt. f**k all. But it’s obviously not important to engage the support on any level. 

The lack of updates in terms of the injuries is a disgrace at this point tbh. 

We have two guys with potentially season ending injuries, a new signing who disappeared today when we needed him and then Dempsey and Chalmers randomly disappearing too - not a word about any of it. 

Just put out an update FFS. 

And Callum, ask him if Murphy was injured!