The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I think demanding communication for this particular reason is one of the most bizarre things I’ve read on this forum. I’m finding it hard to actually believe it’s a serious suggestion. 

I think "demanding communication" is a wild overreading of _trying to be polite_ about the situation. If I pished on the floor in McDonalds and the staff said "excuse me sir, can you explain why you have pished on our floor" the right avenue for discussion would not be about the temerity of McDonald's to demand answers about my toilet habits.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I have some serious concerns about some of these managerial decisions. 

I’m checking the team from now on before committing to going, I’m not paying £22 to watch Fraser Bryden attempt to play football. He offers absolutely nothing, so it’s impossible for Amartey to offer less. 

- Sanders can’t start another game. 
- I don’t know how Syla and McHugh lasted the game, they were horrific. We at least know Paul Smith can pass a ball. 
- Murphy subbed off - just f**k off. The answer isn’t having even less capable football players. 

agree 100%

i could have written the exact same post.

the subs at half time were something bullen would have conjured up.

feels like brown is still experimenting with his managerial style / decision making and we are some kind of stepping stone.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I understood your point the first time. Your defence of the club is admirable. the dear leaders will be proud of you. 

You say communication could be better. It is currently zero. On all issues. Zip, nowt. f**k all. But it’s obviously not important to engage the support on any level. 

Absolutely this if your talking about updating us on injuries....it's just weird and a bit disrespectful to fans that pay good money to watch the team...

Just leave you thinking...are you picking a shite team on purpose???

Or are your hand forced by injury ...

Saying that the Bryden on the wing thing has to go...PLAY AMARTEY FFS

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think demanding communication for this particular reason is one of the most bizarre things I’ve read on this forum. I’m finding it hard to actually believe it’s a serious suggestion. 

I didn’t demand communication on this issue. Nice polishing though.

I said the club tell us nothing, this was another example. You have chased a narrative that I am demanding to know when Smith takes a shite. 

I am asking for trivial information on things like, what the f**k is happening with the players, our left back disappeared and we signed a replacement, who has disappeared. We have a goalkeeper who isn’t even diving for shots hit at him in the warm up he’s so much in the huff.

We have Chalmers and Dempsey who may or may not have knocks and that may or may not be the reason they didn’t play last week but made the bench, both were missing this week. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I understood your point the first time. Your defence of the club is admirable. the dear leaders will be proud of you. 

You say communication could be better. It is currently zero. On all issues. Zip, nowt. f**k all. But it’s obviously not important to engage the support on any level. 

I haven’t said that once but if you want to carry on with your temper tantrum over where we warmed up on the park then fire it. Just make sure your keyboard is in one piece tomorrow morning. 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I think "demanding communication" is a wild overreading of _trying to be polite_ about the situation. If I pished on the floor in McDonalds and the staff said "excuse me sir, can you explain why you have pished on our floor" the right avenue for discussion would not be about the temerity of McDonald's to demand answers about my toilet habits.

Once again, being asked to explain your actions in this case is entirely valid. 

I don’t think anyone has a reasonable argument for wanting the club to explain why we didn’t warm up in front of the SRE and decided they didn’t want to kick off into that end in the first half. 

Just now, AUcal said:

Yup Stillie was back in the goalkeeper coach role today. I haven't had it confirmed if it’s permanent. 

“Get him out Sharon” comes to mind. 

1 minute ago, Rayfine said:

feels like brown is still experimenting with his managerial style / decision making and we are some kind of stepping stone.

Picking Ayr United for that purpose is an incredible move considering Ayr's incredibly successful record of ensuring that any manager they sack for the last two decades has either been forced out of the business altogether or has managed about two seasons in League Two before ending up in the juniors.

7 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Yup Stillie was back in the goalkeeper coach role today. I haven't had it confirmed if its permanent. 

f**k sake, Tory c**t. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I didn’t demand communication on this issue. Nice polishing though.

I said the club tell us nothing, this was another example. You have chased a narrative that I am demanding to know when Smith takes a shite. 

I am asking for trivial information on things like, what the f**k is happening with the players, our left back disappeared and we signed a replacement, who has disappeared. We have a goalkeeper who isn’t even diving for shots hit at him in the warm up he’s so much in the huff.

We have Chalmers and Dempsey who may or may not have knocks and that may or may not be the reason they didn’t play last week but made the bench, both were missing this week. 

The fact you even used it as an example is ridiculous enough tbh. I actually agree with you with regards to the injury stuff or knowing if players have signed contracts elsewhere (not saying this is the case). 

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Picking Ayr United for that purpose is an incredible move considering Ayr's incredibly successful record of ensuring that any manager they sack for the last two decades has either been forced out of the business altogether or has managed about two seasons in League Two before ending up in the juniors.

It’s also not a league that lends itself to “experimenting”. Don’t think for one minute that’s what happening even if the shape looked bizarre in the second half. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s also not a league that lends itself to “experimenting”. Don’t think for one minute that’s what happening even if the shape looked bizarre in the second half. 

An alternative reading is that people try to experiment in this league all the time. It typically leads to the end of their careers.

I haven't watched the post-match yet but Brown has been pretty straightforward thus far. Presumably someone will be able to confirm whether a) he blamed a darts-board selection and a dogged determination to stick with a strategy he didn't have the players for on a sudden injury crisis, or b) he didn't.

Edited by Thumper

21 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Yup Stillie was back in the goalkeeper coach role today. I haven't had it confirmed if its permanent. 

Noticed this morning that Dimi had posted it was his son's birthday but that could be unrelated.

Did see White in the stand today so assuming he's less involved in the first team now.

Trying to search for positives, it was nice to see Tomlinson come on and have a couple of nice moments - especially as I’ve said on here I wasn’t sure about what he offered other than running in a straight line with the ball. 

The cross into Dowds in particular - but a couple of nice touches too. Possibly a better option that Bryden in the wide positions. 

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Are you wanting David Smith to tell you every time he goes for a shite as well? 

You joke but I would like the club to tell us once the toilets in the new stand have been christened.

Expecting any manager to get consistent performances out of this squad, especially while it's riddled with injuries, is setting the bar too high. Just need to drag themselves over the line and consign this (another) season to the bin.

8 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Does @diegomarahenry consume 50 pints on a matchday as it seems to be after every defeat he turns into a raging slevering mess on a Saturday night...

Surely. To write "i wrote a 1000 word essay earlier on this thread" with straight face and not a hint of self awareness would definitely suggest as much.