The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

I’m 50/50 on a lot of them tbh reading has been better then he was last season and I feel if we keep either of the fullbacks id keep him, Murdoch i’d maybe take a risk and give him a 1 year deal I know Amartey does have an optional 1 year extension but I don’t see it happening similar to O’Connor, Jenkins I would say give him a chance but uncertain of Viviani but have to see how he does at Troon

Depends what league we're in. Might as well keep them another year if we're in league 1. Don't fancy a squad overhaul in that league.

54 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Depends what league we're in. Might as well keep them another year if we're in league 1. Don't fancy a squad overhaul in that league.

The majority of that lot would still look out there depth in league 1. We need to be ruthless in the summer regardless of what league we’re in. 

I mean assuming we just have whoever is signed on for next season we’re looking at minimum 

GK - New GK/Mutch

RB - New RB/Watret

LB - New LB/backup LB

CB - Stanger/McGinty/New CB/New CB

CM - Dempsey/Syla/New CM/New CM

RM - new RM/Tomlinson

LM - Murphy/backup LM

ST - New ST/Rose/Bryden/McKenzie 

fillers - Ecrepont, Donnelly, McGeady, McRoberts, Guthrie

probably why I’m more willing to give Reading a contract so we just have to focus on getting the one LB then 2

Edited by muZZa__44

I am hopeful that we will be better next season once Brown gets the players in that he actually wants. He's still working with most of the previous managers shite who we knew were not good enough already. 

That defence needs disbanded desperately. 

18 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I mean assuming we just have whoever is signed on for next season we’re looking at minimum 

GK - New GK/Mutch

RB - New RB/Watret

LB - New LB/backup LB

CB - Stanger/McGinty/New CB/New CB

CM - Dempsey/Syla/New CM/New CM

RM - new RM/Tomlinson

LM - Murphy/backup LM

ST - New ST/Rose/Bryden/McKenzie 

fillers - Ecrepont, Donnelly, McGeady, McRoberts, Guthrie

probably why I’m more willing to give Reading a contract so we just have to focus on getting the one LB then 2

We desperately need to get Bryden out on loan and get rid of Rose. Having those three as forward options signed up for next season is hugely depressing. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

We desperately need to get Bryden out on loan and get rid of Rose. Having those three as forward options signed up for next season is hugely depressing. 

I’d be willing to give Rose a second chance if he keeps banging goals in at Hamilton thou agree with Bryden needing to go out on loan

It was probably this time last year we thought that going into the summer we'd get rid of a lot of our "average" players to kick on this season.

Instead we gave about every single one of them a fucking new contract...

Was chatting to some Ayr lads a couple of weeks ago and they were talking about their chances of the play offs. I didn’t realise it was the relegation play offs! 
in other news Killie (smaller town), are the fourth best team in Scotland. Forever in our shadow. 

10 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

It was probably this time last year we thought that going into the summer we'd get rid of a lot of our "average" players to kick on this season.

Instead we gave about every single one of them a fucking new contract...

It’ll be harder in League 1. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am hopeful that we will be better next season once Brown gets the players in that he actually wants. He's still working with most of the previous managers shite who we knew were not good enough already. 

That defence needs disbanded desperately. 

Brown's own signings haven't set the heather alight either. Worrying he's carrying Bullen's shite and now his own 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Brown's own signings haven't set the heather alight either. Worrying he's carrying Bullen's shite and now his own 

For January signings they’ve been fine. Sanders is the only one I’d class as a failure so far. 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He's at least picked up some good wins which is encouraging IMO. We are still pish though and I cannot wait to see the back of this season and these players.

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

Was chatting to some Ayr lads a couple of weeks ago and they were talking about their chances of the play offs. I didn’t realise it was the relegation play offs! 
in other news Killie (smaller town), are the fourth best team in Scotland. Forever in our shadow. 

Thank you for your interest in Ayr United Football Club and congratulations on your top fan status.

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Brad Young about to lift the Challenge Cup trophy.

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m hoping for extra time and some Airdrie injuries 

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

5 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Far more people at the game yesterday than at Inverness. 

We were also not very good at Inverness, they were just somehow even worse!

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The majority of that lot would still look out there depth in league 1. We need to be ruthless in the summer regardless of what league we’re in. 

Only worry is that we're not exactly going to have our pick, and if we can't get recruitment right in the Championship with a decent budget then I shudder to think how we'd do in league 1.

If Rose can do it...

Just had a look at the table and, incredibly, a win on Friday would take us within a point of the good playoffs. Scenes when we have Stanger & McGinty in the Premier league next season!