The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I see Sanders got on the scoresheet on Saturday? How's he been with you lads?

Must admit I'm a big fan. Easily the best centre back we've ever had and I'm sure there will be interest from many for his signature.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

rough, cost us the second goal in that game, and has been very error prone, did make one game saving tackle up at Airdrie but just looks out of sorts with us

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Must admit I'm a big fan. Easily the best centre back we've ever had and I'm sure there will be interest from many for his signature.

Pretty poor. I feel sorry for him as I feel many fans had written him off before he’d started given where we got him from but he’s done nothing to change the opinion by way of performances. 

He’s clumsy on and off the ball and just seems slow to react to danger. Since joining I’d say he’s made two really high profile errors which have ultimately cost us matches (even though we were already 1-0 on Saturday but had started coming back into the game). I can see why we signed him as he did really well at this level before with yourselves and Killie but I didn’t even think we were especially poor at centre back but we’re weaker now with him in the team. 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

rough, cost us the second goal in that game, and has been very error prone, did make one game saving tackle up at Airdrie but just looks out of sorts with us

Ah disappointing. He looked very capable with us, all the attributes you would want from a centre back at Championship level going by what i saw.

Hopefully shows his ability in the remaining few games with you. A few clean sheets wouldn't go a miss to pull you away from 9th spot.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty poor. I feel sorry for him as I feel many fans had written him off before he’d started given where we got him from but he’s done nothing to change the opinion by way of performances. 

He’s clumsy on and off the ball and just seems slow to react to danger. Since joining I’d say he’s made two really high profile errors which have ultimately cost us matches (even though we were already 1-0 on Saturday but had started coming back into the game). I can see why we signed him as he did really well at this level before with yourselves and Killie but I didn’t even think we were especially poor at centre back but we’re weaker now with him in the team. 

Never easy coming in from Killie granted and with limited first team action in recent months, hard to hit the ground running. 

Was surprised he showed up at Somerset as like you say you had options at CB already with McGinty, Musonda and Stanger. Likely others that I can't think of right now.

Suspect he'll be playing outside Ayrshire next season then.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just now, CoveRangers1922 said:

Never easy coming in from Killie granted and with limited first team action in recent months, hard to hit the ground running. 

Was surprised he showed up at Somerset as like you say you had options at CB already with McGinty, Musonda and Stanger. Likely others that I can t think of right now.

Suspect he'll be playing outside Ayrshire next season then.

TBF i think he was mainly brought in cause Musonda is either out on International Duty or injured and with injuries in the team he's now having to start every game, so bringing him in as cover made sense just hasn't worked out, can imagine he could probably do a job with a promoted Championship team or even a team in League 1 

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's showing just why he was a stalwart for Killie reserves last season. A liability. Good header from him for the goal on Saturday right enough,but he had a shocker v Partick in the home game as well. 

9 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

not stated the reason he was in hospital but assuming it will have likely just been a illness 

They're pretty reluctant to keep people in hospital these days unless absolutely necessary due to the shortage of beds. That's why I found it a bit concerning that he had been kept in. Hopefully he's fine though.

53 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He’s been an absolute liability. His actual defending is fine to a degree. He gifted two identical goals in the same game, completely losing his man. He keeps getting caught in possession while fannying about over the ball, Saturday was a prime example, under no pressure at all, he froze and allowed a player to run in and challenge him. 

He has developed an Oh f**k I’ve done it again face he’s made that many absolute howlers. 

It may just be a nightmare move for him and both parties will look forward to the end of his deal. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’s been an absolute liability. His actual defending is fine to a degree. He gifted two identical goals in the same game, completely losing his man. He keeps getting caught in possession while fannying about over the ball, Saturday was a prime example, under no pressure at all, he froze and allowed a player to run in and challenge him. 

He has developed an Oh f**k I’ve done it again face he’s made that many absolute howlers. 

It may just be a nightmare move for him and both parties will look forward to the end of his deal. 

I get major Scott McKenna vibes from Sanders, absolute trash.

Very much doubt we’ll see Sanders playing for Scotland however.

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

I get major Scott McKenna vibes from Sanders, absolute trash.

Very much doubt we’ll see Sanders playing for Scotland however.

He's English anyway. Maybe he'll replace Harry McGuire someday.

Just braved watching the highlights after Saturday’s debacle. Didn’t change the view from watching it live that we were universally rank rotten in every single position and that includes the dugout.

Brown is trying to play a system that just isn’t suited to the players at his disposal. There’s not one of the starting back 4 on Saturday that’s comfortable bringing the ball out from the back - the highlights brought home how close Stanger was to doing a Sanders on more than one occasion in the first half and McGinty never looks comfortable with the ball at his feet like Musonda or Kirk did last season. 

Sanders took his goal well which showed some character after his disaster for their second but he just looks an utter bomb scare at the back and has to be dropped for his own protection if nothing else.

Think the criticism of the keeper is harsh but it looked like he was rooted to his line for the first from the SRE and the highlights showed Paton finished a fairly lobbed cross from well inside the six yard box so a ball Clarke should have been coming to take or punch really.

Dowds put himself about so was the only one to challenge Franny for MoM (which was clearly a statement from the sponsors and good on them) as the midfield and attack matched the defence for looking as if they’d only been introduced to their teammates just before kick-off and to a ball just after that.

Queens Park looked like a team that will avoid relegation with ease although they won’t get to play a team as bad as we were on Saturday every week. The Paton reaction was very strange for an experienced professional footballer - can only think something was said to him at one of their corners but it wasn’t obvious from where we were standing and he hadn‘t been getting singled out by the crowd so he must have a thin skin or normally have very bad hearing as with the coupon he has to carry around and a hooter that means the rest of his body must be in permanent shade he must be used to getting more than his share of abuse from the terrace.

Big game on Friday as a performance as bad as this one needs a quick reaction.

Edited by Frosty

38 minutes ago, Frosty said:

There’s not one of the starting back 4 on Saturday that’s comfortable bringing the ball out from the back

If we had a midfielder like Mark Kerr who will be available to take the ball off them, they'd only have to pass it 5 feet. None of the midfielders bar Murphy have the composure and I wish they would play him in the middle to dictate the game. 

2 hours ago, wullieaufc said:

image.thumb.png.ed36844d753e1c7be515426d182e5e79.png

Absolutely buzzing to be stood out there again. Being in the SRE every other week has been shite. 

Edited by AUcal