The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Saw this pop up on twitter.  Was at this game but it took me a moment to realise what game it actually was because I was thinking THIS WAS AYR ON SATURDAY

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Despite the score there's some really talented youngsters to be developed  in the coming years.

Why did we field a youth team in a reserve fixture? 

29 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Probably because we are missing about 8 first team players so need to make sure our fringe players don’t pick up injuries with a game on Friday. 

55 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Asked for game to be changed to next week due to current injury crisis but league and Livingston refused 

Edited by Finlay21

23 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Asked for game to be changed to next week due to current injury opportunity but league and Livingston refused 

👀

Is this article satire? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-chairman-david-smith-32447608

Contains multiple gems, like:

“A guy like Charlie Johnston is a classic example. I just gave him a blank canvas and said off you go. He is so excited to show off his plumbing work and that’s what it’s all about.”

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Is this article satire? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-chairman-david-smith-32447608

“A guy like Charlie Johnston is a classic example. I just gave him a blank canvas and said off you go. He is so excited to show off his plumbing work and that’s what it’s all about.”

I gave it 3 goes to read but the record website is unusable 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I gave it 3 goes to read but the record website is unusable 

Grudgingly downloaded the app and its much better - the website is a farce. 

5 hours ago, Iain said:

I don't read it as anything except completely sincere. Just shows the owner's happier taling about stuff he knows.

That said, I know a Charlie Johnson who has gone to Ayr games for the last 35+ years who isn't that guy. And who has paid for the privilege.

5 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

On a positive note, after watching tonight's game, Nick McAllister is officially good enough to play RB for Scotland.

Well done Nick 👏👏👏

Vast majority of our squad are international class going by last night's evidence.

12 hours ago, Thumper said:

I don't read it as anything except completely sincere. Just shows the owner's happier taling about stuff he knows.

That said, I know a Charlie Johnson who has gone to Ayr games for the last 35+ years who isn't that guy. And who has paid for the privilege.

Oh I'm certain it's sincere, it just gives off accidental Partridge vibes throughout. I'm sure the plumbing is very professional!

23 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Asked for game to be changed to next week due to current injury crisis but league and Livingston refused 

Livingston are the OG plastic club made up of made up money. Would be delighted to see them plummet the pyramid structure. Meadowbank fans would approve.