The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Is this alongside his job at Ayr, or instead of?

I'm sure the prestigious position as the head of the Under-21s division of the sixth tier of Scottish football a) requires someone's full-time commitment and b) pays accordingly.

31 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Absolutely buzzing to be stood out there again. Being in the SRE every other week has been shite. 

It's going to be extremely odd not feeling roughly as exposed as someone whose commanding officer has just forced at bayonet point to exit his trench on the Western Front.

Edited by Thumper

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005950

New accounts out if anyone knows how to make heads or tails of it whether it’s good or not. 

Someone owes us two hundred grand which makes up most of the increase in assets. Dipo instalments?

Debts due are almost double a year ago. Building costs?

Edited by Iain

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005950

New accounts out if anyone knows how to make heads or tails of it whether it’s good or not. 

Tangible assets of less than 700k total (and down from last year) when that includes the entire ground remains deeply suspicious to me. You could bulldoze the lot and put it at auction and get ten times that without breaking a sweat.

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Tangible assets of less than 700k total (and down from last year) when that includes the entire ground remains deeply suspicious to me. You could bulldoze the lot and put it at auction and get ten times that without breaking a sweat.

Wonder if the tangible assets being down is because the hospitality was ripped down at that point? 

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

What happened to Willoughby?

Missed the toilet and ended up sitting on the lavvy brush.

Took two nurses and a porter to get it back out.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Wonder if the tangible assets being down is because the hospitality was ripped down at that point? 

Tangible assets are your land, property, machinery etc 

The property value will have decreased due to loss of hospitality unit and losing 1/3 of the ground land to being classed as a construction site which means i'd imagine it's not recored...

The reduction in the value of tangible assets is unrelated to the hospitality suite or the new construction.

It's mainly the annual depreciation charge (about £26k) which is just an accounting entry to spread the cost of assets over multiple years.

There were also disposals of a vehicle and some plant and equipment, but that was only about £3.5k.

I'd expect the value of the hospitality suite would have been eliminated in the previous year's accounts as the decision had already been made to demolish at that stage (and therefore effectively worthless). There was a revaluation carried out in 21/22 and the value of the assets did reduce.

Spoiler

The Simpsons Work GIF

37 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Tangible assets are your land, property, machinery etc 

The property value will have decreased due to loss of hospitality unit and losing 1/3 of the ground land to being classed as a construction site which means i'd imagine it's not recored...

It's still... fairly ridiculous from first principals? Unless the entire area is classified as brownfield or something then you couldn't possibly value even the earth the ground is sitting on at that. Indeed it's not as if the site wasn't surveyed within the last 30 years for the explicit purpose of making a fortune on it to relocate elsewhere!

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Reserve cup semi final tomorrow v Livingston according to the fixtures page I follow. Hopefully we put a decent team out and can get to a final as they're few and far between 

Would think a very young team , we have a first team game  on Friday and looking at Saturdays squad very few players you could risk today 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Would think a very young team , we have a first team game  on Friday and looking at Saturdays squad very few players you could risk today 

True, thought the likes of Armatey, Smith and the young lads that were on the bench on Saturday would feature 

Edited by Thereisalight..

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

True, thought the likes of Armatey, Smith and the young lads that were on the bench on Saturday would feature 

, under 18s along with Guthrie, McRoberts, Jenkins, Viviani and Watret ,