The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

If everyone did it the club would have in the region of two million pounds, which it could presumably use to improve the product and thus the number of walk-up customers.

For that price you could go to about 65 games at current walk-up prices. That would mean attending nearly every home match for four years. The club would be mad not to try to lock that in early. They should be offering 50 year season tickets.

Not sure they would attract sufficient walk up’s to cover for the shortfall.

Let’s say we have what 900 season ticket holders who sign up yearly. If they all go 5 yearly, we get a shit load of extra money in year 1. 

We throw a load of money at the team, gain promotion to the promised land. Attract some new fans and have a couple of years in the Premier League before doing a Livvy and coming back down.

We then find ourselves back the championship, probably with a significantly higher wage bill than we have now and still have 2 years with no season ticket money coming in and crowds that are in decline because those new fans we attracted during the good years don’t hang around.

It’s all hypothetical but we definitely wouldn’t be the first club to try to throw money at it and fail…..

Maybe the 5 year tickets are capped at so many per year to ensure a more steady income stream over time.

16 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Not sure they would attract sufficient walk up’s to cover for the shortfall

I have never ever seen a club lamenting selling too many season tickets and therefore impacting their matchday revenue.

Any theoretical disaster spending in the event of getting promoted is irrelevant. Everything the club is doing off-field is in theory aimed at permitting promotion to be a reasonable leap. If it happens at all it will be an enormous impact for a generation. Also, if Derek Stillie is indeed stinking the club up again, the tories will happily step in to use the taxpayer money they allegedly detest to bail out one of their own.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Prices at Somerset might have inflated but it's not like Freddos, which were still 5p when I was in high school.

Oaft! Freddos for 5p, The Beano for 30p, bag of wotsits 10p, pint of beer £1.

What the f*ck has happend over the years? Folks just got greedy? £1 would have bought you enough sweets to make you puke. 

I remember one of the cafe vans in the Sre did a hotdog for a quid 🤔 can't remember when though.

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Also, if Derek Stillie is indeed stinking the club up again, the tories will happily step in to use the taxpayer money they allegedly detest to bail out one of their own.

😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Thumper said:

I have never ever seen a club lamenting selling too many season tickets and therefore impacting their matchday revenue.

Any theoretical disaster spending in the event of getting promoted is irrelevant. Everything the club is doing off-field is in theory aimed at permitting promotion to be a reasonable leap. If it happens at all it will be an enormous impact for a generation. Also, if Derek Stillie is indeed stinking the club up again, the tories will happily step in to use the taxpayer money they allegedly detest to bail out one of their own.

Ayr United to sell record numbers and post a tweet saying "Noooooooo stop buying Season Tickets you overenthusiastic c***s 😭😭😭".

5 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

If the 5 year option is limited to the new North Stand then fair enough, anything beyond that jeopardises cashflow in years 3 - 5.

Didn't Falkirk do something similar and end up with cashflow problems?

I agree, keep it limited to the new shiny

12 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

If the 5 year option is limited to the new North Stand then fair enough, anything beyond that jeopardises cashflow in years 3 - 5.

Exactly my point.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Ayr United to sell record numbers and post a tweet saying "Noooooooo stop buying Season Tickets you overenthusiastic c***s 😭😭😭".

That would involve communicating with fans. Even just to call us c***s. Not going to happen. 

I am happy to be called a c**t at any time though because I undoubtedly am a massive one.

I don’t imagine there would be a massive uptake in a 5 year season ticket. Unless they offered a pay-up option over a longer period. The amount of folk that could drop over a grand on one would be pretty small . 

They might get an increase on season ticket sales if they put next years up on an advanced sale around Christmas time with a pay-up option. 

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don’t imagine there would be a massive uptake in a 5 year season ticket. Unless they offered a pay-up option over a longer period. The amount of folk that could drop over a grand on one would be pretty small . 

They might get an increase on season ticket sales if they put next years up on an advanced sale around Christmas time with a pay-up option. 

I think this is a great idea, even a limited number of full price and pay up options for crimbo prezzies I would imagine bolster the coffers for the following season early. All them wife's and children buying shite pressies for Da/Granda could get their loved one a season ticket for crimbo.

25 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I think this is a great idea, even a limited number of full price and pay up options for crimbo prezzies I would imagine bolster the coffers for the following season early. All them wife's and children buying shite pressies for Da/Granda could get their loved one a season ticket for crimbo.

I think it’s a good idea too. Only problem I could see would be if we are chasing the title and don’t know what league we will be in next season. There might be a bit of an increase if we were in the premiership for a season. 

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I think it’s a good idea too. Only problem I could see would be if we are chasing the title and don’t know what league we will be in next season. There might be a bit of an increase if we were in the premiership for a season. 

There is definitely a few possible downfalls. I don't think we sell enough season tickets at the moment to make any sort huge % increase in sales no matter what gimmick is tried. Play good fitbaw and continued chance of 1st/2nd you might sell a Hella lot more. Get the town/fans behind you like clubs like Hearts or Dundee(s) do when they come down... you could increase the season tic sales by a huge amount more than any 'gimmick'.

Maybe once they realise all the new revenue opportunities from the construction projects they can use the surplus to reduce ticket prices!

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

Maybe once they realise all the new revenue opportunities from the construction projects they can use the surplus to reduce ticket prices!

Tic prices are only going to go in one direction. The doubling of min wage in the past 14yrs is one reason you'll never see a drop in tics. 

12 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Not sure they would attract sufficient walk up’s to cover for the shortfall.

Let’s say we have what 900 season ticket holders who sign up yearly. If they all go 5 yearly, we get a shit load of extra money in year 1. 

We throw a load of money at the team, gain promotion to the promised land. Attract some new fans and have a couple of years in the Premier League before doing a Livvy and coming back down.

We then find ourselves back the championship, probably with a significantly higher wage bill than we have now and still have 2 years with no season ticket money coming in and crowds that are in decline because those new fans we attracted during the good years don’t hang around.

It’s all hypothetical but we definitely wouldn’t be the first club to try to throw money at it and fail…..

Maybe the 5 year tickets are capped at so many per year to ensure a more steady income stream over time.

Your forgetting a cool £2.5 million in prize money for our 28 months in the top flight . Kind of make the landing less bumpy .

3 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Tic prices are only going to go in one direction. The doubling of min wage in the past 14yrs is one reason you'll never see a drop in tics. 

Are you telling me the affordable ticket prices of the past were generated by exploiting workers?