The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

According to footballers aging badly, 32

He looks like his own grandfather?

I remember working with him one summer at British Bakeries - was always getting stuff chucked at him to catch 🤣

17 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Stillie left ages ago. It's Dimitrios Konstantopoulos who's away. 

Stillie was brought back in since then to help out on match days. 

34 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Stanger to Right back, McGinty back in. Chalmers in for Bryden and Willoughby through the middle. 

might just be me but with how Brown usually selects his teams i could see him starting Amartey ahead of Chalmers 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stillie was brought back in since then to help out on match days. 

Fair enough. I'm not usually in early enough to see the warm-up.

On 23/04/2024 at 05:07, Hazbart said:

Great that the club get the cash now and lock that supporter in for 5 years but if everyone does it, surely they lose out on future income.

If everyone did it the club would have in the region of two million pounds, which it could presumably use to improve the product and thus the number of walk-up customers.

For that price you could go to about 65 games at current walk-up prices. That would mean attending nearly every home match for four years. The club would be mad not to try to lock that in early. They should be offering 50 year season tickets.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

current walk-up prices

I've got to ask 😊

When I was a boy, i went to Somerset and got thrown over the turnstile. It was £10 per adult or £5 per child (unless they were small enough to get thrown over the turnstile.)

What were the walk in prices when everyone was younger? My first game was in 1998, so £10 entry was not bad (I presume)

41 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I've got to ask 😊

When I was a boy, i went to Somerset and got thrown over the turnstile. It was £10 per adult or £5 per child (unless they were small enough to get thrown over the turnstile.)

What were the walk in prices when everyone was younger? My first game was in 1998, so £10 entry was not bad (I presume)

Shows you how much prices have gone up...when I first started to go to Somerset in 2007 it was £12. A £2 difference in 10 years.

32 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Shows you how much prices have gone up...when I first started to go to Somerset in 2007 it was £12. A £2 difference in 10 years.

Great Stat. Can anyone say what we were paying as boys in say 1974

I can remember getting into Somerset for 1s 3d or for free when my dad went (lifted over). He paid 2s 6d. In decimal currency 2s 6d was 12.5p.

Edited by Caledonian