The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, JOMT said:

How many goals has Bryson scored against Championship teams?

At what time to we start thinking “Running through a brick wall/giving everything for the team he supports” together with the odd clever pass and flick every few games, just isn’t enough?

On the whole, he just looks absolutely nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

I can’t help but feel if he wasn’t “one of our own”, he’d have been loaned or out the picture some time ago.

in 3 seasons he has scored 3 times against Championship teams 1 in each season (21/22 against Inverness, 22/23 against Cove, 23/24 against Inverness)

the other teams he's scored against this season are Stirling, Alloa and Peterhead

Edited by muZZa__44

16 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

in 3 seasons he has scored 3 times against Championship teams 1 in each season (21/22 against Inverness, 22/23 against Cove, 23/24 against Inverness)

the other teams he's scored against this season are Stirling, Alloa and Peterhead

R-244772-1488767801-5097.jpg.96f5b13376bd5c16c56584366572ed6c.jpg

3 hours ago, railwayend said:

It’s the trips to Africa twice a season . Is that something Brown will put up with ?

Scott Brown is not going to do something as fucking tinpot as demand his players stop accepting international call-ups.

3 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

For context 

Yeah, it’s far from a howler and I’m maybe being unrealistic but I think he had enough time to see the header coming to either smother it or push it considerably wider.

Fully accept it’s the type of goal keepers concede at this level though.

2 hours ago, .buzzy01 said:

With Dowds out next week, who is going to be upfront?  Can only think of McKenzie and willoughby. Don’t think we have anybody else.

If Syla is fit (no idea if he will be) I’d be tempted to play 451 with Willoughby up front.

Clarke

Stanger

Sanders

McGinty

Mousanda

Chalmers

Syla

Dempsey

McHugh

Murphy

Willoughby

6 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It would be 17 days without a game though, it's probably right in the middle between being well-rested and being 'undercooked', I'd be surprised if he didn't start. We're in the same boat regarding play-offs and I'd expect we'll go basically full strength next week and then use the last game to rest everyone.

Hang on, that last game, where Airdrie may apparently "rest everyone" is away at Queen's Park...

Thistles manager will definitely not rest anyone unless they have an injury that needs it, you could see that last year he was only thinking about winning the next game and you would think that would be the same for Airdrie. It’s difficult to know if Arbroath will have a fight left in them perhaps the pressure off they may find something. Morton are safe but could end up in eighth if they give up. It is in our hands at least. 

I’m too rough to start trying to work it out but is there any set of results next week that would mean us and Dunfermline playing out a draw to see us both safe on last day? 

2 hours ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

Hang on, that last game, where Airdrie may apparently "rest everyone" is away at Queen's Park...

1 hour ago, Ayrmail said:

Thistles manager will definitely not rest anyone unless they have an injury that needs it, you could see that last year he was only thinking about winning the next game and you would think that would be the same for Airdrie. It’s difficult to know if Arbroath will have a fight left in them perhaps the pressure off they may find something. Morton are safe but could end up in eighth if they give up. It is in our hands at least. 

I'd much rather have Ayr in the league next year than QP, despite our results this year!

I'm just basing this on the evidence of last year. McCabe changed half the team in the last game before the play-offs, and the reason it was only half I think was because we could still have dropped from 3rd to 4th. The regulars who did start were all subbed off in 2nd half too. We then pumped Falkirk 6-2 three days later and obviously got promoted. Maybe we wont but I don't really see what is to be gained by risking players. If anything there would be even more incentive to do it this year as the play-off schedule is even tougher if you get through.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m too rough to start trying to work it out but is there any set of results next week that would mean us and Dunfermline playing out a draw to see us both safe on last day? 

Yes, if we draw at Firhill and both QP and Inverness win. That would put Ayr and Dunfermline on 43 points, with QP on 40, going into the last day.

7 hours ago, JOMT said:

How many goals has Bryson scored against Championship teams?

At what time to we start thinking “Running through a brick wall/giving everything for the team he supports” together with the odd clever pass and flick every few games, just isn’t enough?

On the whole, he just looks absolutely nowhere near good enough for the Championship. 

I can’t help but feel if he wasn’t “one of our own”, he’d have been loaned or out the picture some time ago.

Been saying that all season ,think he is a league 2 player,but they still extend his contract 

They need to put him out on loan to a league 1 club like QOS to develop and prove where he is.

Playing odd games here and there is going to do nothing to help develop a young players career.

the one benefit Bryden has is he's still only 19, he's been getting more starts but playing out of position out wide is not the answer, really do hope he goes out on loan for guranteed starting minutes up front for someone like a QOS or even a Stenhousemuir

17 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

the one benefit Bryden has is he's still only 19, he's been getting more starts but playing out of position out wide is not the answer, really do hope he goes out on loan for guranteed starting minutes up front for someone like a QOS or even a Stenhousemuir

Yep he is young,but you need ability which he has none

48 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Been saying that all season ,think he is a league 2 player,but they still extend his contract 

The club seem desperate to manufacture an academy to first team success story, hence why both he and McKenzie are in the first team despite neither being good enough for the Championship. 

Bryden needs to have a think about his career, he’s not going to start as a forward and he’s going to be stuck doing spade work rather than playing to his strengths. 
he’ll end up hitting 21 and getting freed and going junior unless he can tie down a role. 
A loan where he can play regularly in one position could define his career. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Bryden needs to have a think about his career, he’s not going to start as a forward and he’s going to be stuck doing spade work rather than playing to his strengths. 
he’ll end up hitting 21 and getting freed and going junior unless he can tie down a role. 
A loan where he can play regularly in one position could define his career. 

it's the one thing Mark McKenzie never got (well he did at Forfar but then COVID ended that 4 games in) 

Edited by muZZa__44

It does come across that with the success the academy has has off the field with the UEFA award they are desperate to see that reflected on the field as well either it's Bryden, Mackenzie beeing shoehorned in to any position or the desperation to make young Tomlinson a full back, let it happen naturally and if we find a gem great, at the moment the two best prospects look like Ollie Ecrepont or Dylan Watret both who look like they have had productive loans at East Stirlingshire.