The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We are safe and have been imo for a good few weeks, and I say this from a naturally negative outlook.

We may be utterly horrendous and completely unwatchable at times with a squad which is, on the whole, not fit for purpose, but there is always one or two teams pisher than us somehow and it’s the same again.

The combination of results required for us to finish 9th is highly unlikely.

14 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

We are safe and have been imo for a good few weeks, and I say this from a naturally negative outlook.

We may be utterly horrendous and completely unwatchable at times with a squad which is, on the whole, not fit for purpose, but there is always one or two teams pisher than us somehow and it’s the same again.

The combination of results required for us to finish 9th is highly unlikely.

I think a loss for Inverness or a loss or draw for Queens Park next week would see us safe regardless of our result v Partick, but a set of results that take it to the final day and make things a bit nervy is more than "highly unlikely" to happen imo. 

17 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Surely to f**k Patrick will be giving Brian Graham a rest in advance of the playoffs, especially given they don’t have a back up…

Tomi Adeloye...

Nick McCallister eh? At least he can stink up multiple positions and tries hard tho.

I'd honestly struggle to tell you three players in that entire squad that I'd want in the first team next season. I thought we were shite today, offered next to nothing and could have still been playing and not scored.

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Surely to f**k Patrick will be giving Brian Graham a rest in advance of the playoffs, especially given they don’t have a back up…

They could give him a rest next week and the p***k would still score against us. 

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:

Nick McCallister eh? At least he can stink up multiple positions and tries hard tho.

I'd honestly struggle to tell you three players in that entire squad that I'd want in the first team next season. I thought we were shite today, offered next to nothing and could have still been playing and not scored.

We weren’t remotely shite IMO. We were organised, kept the ball well at times with some nice moves and barely gave up a chance. We just didn’t have enough about us when we got into good positions. 

I thought musonda looked good again today, the more i see him the more id like him to stay. Mcallister pissed me off today, he was a red card waiting to happen and was flying into tackles left right and centre. 

midfield felt a bit lightweight today but don’t think sylla would have made any difference to that. We looked blunt up front and wouldn’t have known Dowds was on the pitch after the red card. 

I think we are safe but I will be nervous till it’s 100% certain 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I thought musonda looked good again today, the more i see him the more id like him to stay. Mcallister pissed me off today, he was a red card waiting to happen and was flying into tackles left right and centre. 

midfield felt a bit lightweight today but don’t think sylla would have made any difference to that. We looked blunt up front and wouldn’t have known Dowds was on the pitch after the red card. 

I think we are safe but I will be nervous till it’s 100% certain 

He looks far more like himself again recently, the issue is just how long it lasts. He is an excellent defender and footballer - you just don’t get to see it often enough. 

27 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

That's a really harsh take on our performance.  We didn't create too many clear cut chances but had plenty of the ball and got into some nice areas, in what is the most difficult fixture in the league.  Not sure what you were expecting.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's a really harsh take on our performance.  We didn't create too many clear cut chances but had plenty of the ball and got into some nice areas, in what is the most difficult fixture in the league.  Not sure what you were expecting.

I don't expect anything from this squad, that's the problem. If you'd asked what I'd hoped for, it would have been a bit more attacking intent. Dundee United are no great shakes but Brown can only pish with the cock he's got.

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:

I agree that we didn't trouble their keeper much but I actually thought we did very well when we had 11 players on the park. Up until the sending off, the BBC stats showed that Dundee Utd had only had a single shot on target. For me, today showed the difference that Brown has made in terms of the team shape and tactics. Under Bullen we had massive space in our midfield that Dundee Utd would have exploited ruthlessly but today they really struggled to break us down.

I would have to see the red card incident again to be sure but at the time I could see why the referee sent him off.

I know that Partick will want momentum going into the play-offs but I hope that their players will be holding back a bit to avoid injury at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Mcallister pissed me off today, he was a red card waiting to happen and was flying into tackles left right and centre.

It's difficult to define the difference between indefatigability and recklessness. Or I mean it would be, were it not for the comparison two days ago between McAllister and Jamie Adams.

12 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I know that Partick will want momentum going into the play-offs but I hope that their players will be holding back a bit to avoid injury at this stage of the season.

Partick are more than capable of scudding this squad on 50% anyway, most weeks.

Edited by Thumper

Not sure about McHugh, def got technical ability but at times it's like he's in a different time zone and a yard off the pace. Not sure if it's a fitness thing or he just zones out for patches during a game.

6 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

On the last day Inverness play Morton who have nothing to play for, Queens Park play Airdrie who will likely rest players ahead of the playoffs, while we play Dunfermline who themselves wouldn't be safe under this scenario 😬😬😬

If on the last day Dunfermline and Ayr both know a win would send the other to the playoffs then this is great. At least it isn't fucking Morten for a change.

7 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The past four seasons have been a test of endurance with a light sprinkling of good results to keep us hooked.

At least the brief patch of glory under McCall resulted in the Tannadice Massacre. Even during Akinyemi's golden era it was blatantly obvious that most games were being won because of him alone.

Callum giving it ‘that could be us next year’ in the post match interview is very strange, especially since we could actually still end up going down?

Fair play to Brown for having none of it, but what a daft thing to say.

21 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Callum giving it ‘that could be us next year’ in the post match interview is very strange, especially since we could actually still end up going down?

Fair play to Brown for having none of it, but what a daft thing to say.

It really is nothing personal, but to have Callum and Boab as the voices of Ayr United? Ooooooooft!