The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I have heard that Livingston are going to throw money at it next year to get back up which I found hard to believe but it was from a decent source. If that’s true I’ve no idea where the moneys coming from.

30 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I have heard that Livingston are going to throw money at it next year to get back up which I found hard to believe but it was from a decent source. If that’s true I’ve no idea where the moneys coming from.

You'd have thought they'd have thrown money at it to stay up in the first place. I'm predicting a freefall back to league 1 where they belong. The diddiest of diddy clubs.

35 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

s960_cocainepic.png.f695927a8a18e92bf29c4ade75c53323.png

I mean they’ll already have received more money for finishing 12th than Dundee United will for winning the league. Were they not also recently taken over by new owners?

1 minute ago, stevep56 said:

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere but might be of interest anyway..   The site heading says it is shirts from the Dunfermline game on Friday but it includes other shirts from previous seasons too. 

https://www.matchwornshirt.com/event/03-05-2024-ayr-united-dunfermline-athletic

Think the money for the Dunfermline game shirts goes into the AU 500 player fund 

Livi don't have any money, and were fucking honking this season. Fair enough if they had gone down with a fight but they've barely scraped 20 points. Time for them to join Accies in no man's land.

7 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Think the money for the Dunfermline game shirts goes into the AU 500 player fund 

Think so,  I gave a few signed shirts from previous seasons and was told it would go to the fund - the cling film material shirts no longer suit me (they never did). Interested to see Dowds shirt is the most expensive by far.  Folk maybe hoping we get enough to sign him next season?  😀

53 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Martindale was on Sportsound last week, he said that if they don’t go straight back up, they will need to cut their cloth accordingly which would lead to Livingston reaching a natural level of top of league one/bottom of the Championship. 

A question that was fired around my group of mates on Friday... Winning the Championship would be the greatest achievement in most our life's as Ayr fans... but would you really want to be a bottom 6 SPL cannon fodder team? What's your guys opinion? Personally, I think the Championship is a fantastic league.

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

A question that was fired around my group of mates on Friday... Winning the Championship would be the greatest achievement in most our life's as Ayr fans... but would you really want to be a bottom 6 SPL cannon fodder team? What's your guys opinion? Personally, I think the Championship is a fantastic league.

There’s no guarantee that would be the case though. First season after promotion would be incredibly tough but Livingston went up and managed to finish in the top six. 

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I've never seen Ayr play in the top flight of Scottish football in my life time, I'm 43, would we come straight back down very likely but just to see us in the premier league and the things that come along with it even if it was just once is a dream.

8 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Well we’re a bottom 6 cannon fodder Championship team currently so yes. 

It would be fantastic to see us in the top flight and don't think we would necessarily come straight back down.  I would like to see the number of teams in both leagues increase though.  I just don't like seeing us play teams 4 or more times a season and think games might be better without so much of a threat of relegation.

One of the greatest achievements to date must be playing in a the league cup final one week and the semi final of the Scottish cup the next weekend. 

2 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

It would be fantastic to see us in the top flight and don't think we would necessarily come straight back down.  I would like to see the number of teams in both leagues increase though.  I just don't like seeing us play teams 4 or more times a season and think games might be better without so much of a threat of relegation.

One of the greatest achievements to date must be playing in a the league cup final one week and the semi final of the Scottish cup the next weekend. 

I agree, a bigger teams per league structure would be far better for Scottish football in general.

26 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Id like to see the SPL reduced by 2 teams personally. Not much interest in seeing us play those 2 pollutions.

The league and Scotland in general would be better without the arse cheeks.