The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

See Mackenzie Carse is being freed by Celtic. Seemed to be highly rated but I’ve no idea how he got on at Queens Park last season. 

Absolutely clutching at any and all straws given the lack of rumours or gossip.

Funnily at the QP home game in March players from our U18s were behind me and when Carse was subbed on they did start talking about him as if they thought he was signing for us.

He did seem to be under contract until 2025 so didn't think much of it and it was one of the least interesting parts of listening to them talk about life under Brown.

Regardless of how much truth was in what they were saying his lack of game time during his loan would be a concern he's ready for this level.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Funnily at the QP home game in March players from our U18s were behind me and when Carse was subbed on they did start talking about him as if they thought he was signing for us.

He did seem to be under contract until 2025 so didn't think much of it and it was one of the least interesting parts of listening to them talk about life under Brown.

Regardless of how much truth was in what they were saying his lack of game time during his loan would be a concern he's ready for this level.

Maybe playing for a team scrapping at the bottom wasn’t the best place for him to kick off his senior career. If he signed for us I’d hope we still had a more experienced midfielder ahead of him. Think that signing will be the most important one we make. Getting someone on the park who is an extension of Brown and can keep things organised and ticking over. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Keir McInroy reminds me of Ross Forbes. Undoubtedly a talented footballer but a lackadaisical b*****d that is an all inclusive holiday away from playing for Stirling Albion

Showed a bit of what he can do, but he has failed upwards by the looks of it

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

That active support behind that goal at Firhill looked superb, if only we had that.

Aye the atmosphere at Somerset has been pish for ages now. Very jealous of what some other clubs have achieved in that sense

12 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Aye the atmosphere at Somerset has been pish for ages now. Very jealous of what some other clubs have achieved in that sense

It has been decent at times since Brown came in tbh. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AllySloan said:

Anyone at all?

Screenshot_20240510-161620.png

Contrary to popular opinion i'd take Oakley 100%.   Proven to be above average at this level and by all accounts stepped it right up this season-  similar to Dowds who it seems we might lose.  If we start next season with the "new Dipo" and either of Bryden or McKenzie up front I think I'd greet 

Edited by Hursty

17 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Robbie Muirhead away to Livi jeezo...

Coming down and signing proven Championship players.   Mental decision.  Should be checking some guy the same age with 17 clubs in the Rymans League who's had one good season instead and giving him a 2 year deal with accommodation paid for instead 🤣

28 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Coming down and signing proven Championship players.   Mental decision.  Should be checking some guy the same age with 17 clubs in the Rymans League who's had one good season instead and giving him a 2 year deal with accommodation paid for instead 🤣

Are you basing your thoughts off the fact he scored a perfect hat-trick against us?

If that's the case it was because we were dung

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

Are you basing your thoughts off the fact he scored a perfect hat-trick against us?

If that's the case it was because we were dung

Hadn't even realised it was a perfect hat trick, was on holiday for that one so did my best to pretend that game never existed. 

Nah he's a big physical guy thats hit double figures in a shite team (yes I'm aware we can't beat them) 2 seasons in a row.  Can also score a free kick.   It's a good signing for Livi IMO

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

If Muirhead is the calibre of player Livi are going for, I’m happy with that. 

It might be all relative though. I'm assuming Livi will be one of the teams challenging so will reserve judgement until i see the calibre of player we end up getting