The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Toe the Party Iine.

I feel, through various experiences in life that such posts are put in place by authorities to try and look like they're being open and engaging but in reality, no manager is ever going to listen because it undermines their authority. 

I mean it can work look at likes of Dunfermline with the west bank or whatever it's called and Partick last night.

As what has been said however there's a lot of politics at play in terms of stuff that has happened in the past and also recently too, alas sniffer dogs on the terrace that was some laugh

I posted a while ago about people being pretty miserable on here but I've since reflected on the fact that only a small percentage (including me) are fortunate enough to get to the away games, which have seen some of the better results over the last few seasons.

Theres nothing that unites a support and adds to a feelgood factor like a decent home record and although I've not bothered to check the stats I think they're pretty honking over the last three years. I reckon making Somerset a fortress again is the No 1 priority for SB next season.

Posted (edited)

I think I have it right, of our last 81 home league games - we've won 27.

So we've won exactly one third of our home games stretching back to the start of season 2019/2020.

If you look at just season 21/22 onwards, the figure is exactly the same, one third. 18 home league wins from 54.

Fortress San Somerset is a long long distant memory.

Edited by AUcal

I’m sure the north terrace opening up again will ensure that not only is there vocal support heard with the new roof, but vocal derision too when the players need a kick up the arse.  Watch those stats soar!!!

#fortresssomerset

Posted (edited)

It's quite interesting I think that in the 6 seasons since returning to the Championship as League 1 champions, we haven't had any seasons of mid table obscurity where we aren't bothering either end of the table. 

3 finishes in the promotion play-offs and 3 relegation battles in which our survival came down to the last few games. I know "mid table" doesn't mean much in the Championship, but we really have had somewhat of an all or nothing type approach to each season.

Given some of the off-the-field improvements and hopefully some on-the-field ones in the coming months and years, I wonder if we'll look back at those seasons of just barely keeping ourselves in the Championship as huge moments in the trajectory of the club.

Here's hoping so.

Edited by AUcal

4 hours ago, AUcal said:

It's quite interesting I think that in the 6 seasons since returning to the Championship as League 1 champions, we haven't had any seasons of mid table obscurity where we aren't bothering either end of the table. 

3 finishes in the promotion play-offs and 3 relegation battles in which our survival came down to the last few games. I know "mid table" doesn't mean much in the Championship, but we really have had somewhat of an all or nothing type approach to each season.

Given some of the off-the-field improvements and hopefully some on-the-field ones in the coming months and years, I wonder if we'll look back at those seasons of just barely keeping ourselves in the Championship as huge moments in the trajectory of the club.

Here's hoping so.

Quite happy to shake off the “biggest part time team” and “yo-yo” tags.

Quite fancy a top of the table challenge now

15 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Quite happy to shake off the “biggest part time team” and “yo-yo” tags.

Quite fancy a top of the table challenge now

League will be wide open next season as well. 

23 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

League will be wide open next season as well. 

Just realised with the results yesterday it’s going to be a full time league next season. No obvious title winners or cannon fodder at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just realised with the results yesterday it’s going to be a full time league next season. 

I wonder when that what last the case at Championship level?

With Arbroath, Alloa, Dumbarton, Brechin, Cowdenbeath and our previous stints before going FT, it must be going back a number of years.

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

With Arbroath, Alloa, Dumbarton, Brechin, Cowdenbeath and our previous stints before going FT, it must be going back a number of years.

Aye there’s every chance it’s never been the case. 

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

2008/09 I recon looking back.  

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

2008/09 I recon looking back.  

Who won the league that year?

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just realised with the results yesterday it’s going to be a full time league next season. No obvious title winners or cannon fodder at the moment. 

They were saying on the bbc yesterday that Inverness might go hybrid or full part time next season even if they stay up and almost certainly if they go down. 

33 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

They were saying on the bbc yesterday that Inverness might go hybrid or full part time next season even if they stay up and almost certainly if they go down. 

Aye, seen they are fucked financially and were reliant on the battery farm application going ahead. Also seen Accies had less than 1000 fans yesterday. Surely FT football isn’t sustainable on those sort of atendences unless you’ve got someone chucking money at it which as far as I know Accies don’t have. 

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Anyone heard any chat on:

1:  Signings?

2:  Opposition to officially open the North Stand?

3:  Pre-season friendlies?

4:  Number of seasons tickets sold?

5. Concrete?

37 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I see Livi are signing the type of player that we normally go for. Ricky Korboa striker from non league Woking.

Someone asked the other day what other clubs Glendinning worked for.