The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Maybe it's just agents trying to get a better deal from Morton for him.... 

Let's fecking hope so.

No offence to Ayr but if he does leave, I'd expect it would be to a bigger club or at least a club with better resources than both of us.

If we do lose him to you, I'd start to question this better, attractive budget I've heard we apparently have.

Just now, madton said:

Let's fecking hope so.

No offence to Ayr but if he does leave, I'd expect it would be to a bigger club or at least a club with better resources than both of us.

If we do lose him to you, I'd start to question this better, attractive budget I've heard we apparently have.

Think you’d be surprised with what resources we have. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

On loan from Hibs, would be surprised if he's sent out to the Championship again next season.

Aye he looked like he could keep up with Fitzpatrick in a race which gives him a good chance in the league above. Also looked quite useful defending so if not Hibs someone else up there will take a punt 

Oakley would be a good signing but if we're going to carry on with a 4-4-2 then I'd also like to see us go for a more techinical striker who can drop deep and link up with the midfield. Either that or we go 4-4-1-1 with a 10.

I don't see a Dowds-Oakley partnership being that effective which leads me to believe Dowds isn't coming back.

Tbf Imrie has been good at polishing a few turds and Morton have punched above their weight when everyone is fit. My one concern about signings coming from there is could they produce the same levels in a different system and manager.

1 minute ago, muZZa__44 said:

i think Dowds would be more willing to drop back and link up he's a smart enough footballer, of course that is provided we manage to bring him in as well

While Dowds is definitely an intelligent footballer in terms of his movement and positioning, he simply doesn't have the pace or technical ability to play in that role. Moffat was the last player we had like that and while he obviously wasn't very fast as he got older his ability on the ball made up for that. Dowds is very similar to Oakley so I just don't see how we fit the two of them into the same team regardless of the shape. 

George Oakley has just hit a career best and still didn't score double figures.  Get that to f**k.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

George Oakley has just hit a career best and still didn't score double figures.  Get that to f**k.  

he's scored 13 goals this season then 10 the prior, say what you want but thats better then what McKenzie has done

I’ll take him as he knows the league but I’d be wanting someone else in as well. Would assume that’ll happen as we’ve lost Dowds AND Willoughby. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I’m all for this given the meltdown it will cause in Greenock. 

Agreed. For some reason they seem to have delusions that they’re owned by Qatar or something.