The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

He gave a really embarrassing interview about it where he thinks the club shouldn't have sacked him over it despite being charged with acting in a threatening and abusive manner - link 

He's saying that like he's an innocent man who has just been ruled such :lol:

Whomst among us has not abused a supermarket petrol forecourt employee to the point of criminal damages??

Anyway, Gibson did it the wrong way around. If you do a crime but it's not racism, you get Annan. If you do racism but not a crime, you get Hibs.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

See Morton have given their players until the end of this week to confirm if they are accepting contract offers. You’d assume we would do something similar.

Lewis Strapp has turned down a new deal, you know what to do Scott 👀 

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Lewis Strapp has turned down a new deal, you know what to do Scott 👀 

Looks to be over most of his injuries issues Strapp with Redding as back up would work for me 

Due to an unfortunate mix up the hub will be broadcasting the Fawlty Towers episode 'The Germans' with added commentary from Callum.

13 minutes ago, Iain said:

Due to an unfortunate mix up the hub will be broadcasting the Fawlty Towers episode 'The Germans' with added commentary from Callum.

"Well Adolf, that was some backing by the fans"

6 minutes ago, AUcal said:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/24325111.lewis-strapp-morton-set-lose-left-back-deal-snub/

Lewis Strapp turning down reduced terms from Morton apparently.

Get it sorted Brown.

Least we won't need to break the bank again to sign him like we did with Oakley.

Unusual business model from Morton though, offering one of your, what I thought was more consistent players last season, less money than they were currently on.

Bold.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Least we won't need to break the bank again to sign him like we did with Oakley.

Unusual business model from Morton though, offering one of your, what I thought was more consistent players last season, less money than they were currently on.

Bold.

I think the chairman was paying his wages last year, presumably the new offer will be in-line with the wage budget at Morton. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bold.

The suggestion is that when he joined half way through the season it was on 'inflated' wages, and this is maybe more of a return to the mean.

It's understandable that Morton are keen on being careful with offers, likely a necessity to ensure they can put a competitive squad together - but it certainly doesn't give off a good impression and I'd be pretty gutted if that was us. Strapp was a stand out last season imo.

Edited by AUcal

The Morton scenario is kind of where we were with Cameron, it doesn’t matter how well we did last season, we aren’t spending money we don’t have. 

If Imrie can get a tune out of the replacements and if they are less injury prone, then they will be absolutely fine at worst. 

Livi have been on a dreadful run and don’t look like changing manager, they will be favourites assuming St Johnstone don’t come down. 
Falkirk have a team of players who have been bottom half Championship players with a manager who has never done well at this level, so I think it’ll be Thistle/RaIth/St Johnstone and Livi in the top 4 and the rest will depend on what summer business the rest of the clubs do