The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

In other news I see we are getting linked with Harry Stone from Hearts again.

This anywhere official? 

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Racecourse Road I think you’ll find for the Savoy Park. A lot less competition these days for most salubrious hotel on that road with the way hotels there have disappeared - used to be a decent pub/hotel crawl into town from the Burns Monument in my youth.

You’ve also got Doonfoot Road before you get to Dunure Road. Presumably Ronaldo and Mane were staying in the Balgarth if they were dining in the most salubrious hotel on Dunure Road (think it’s also the only one so not much competition.)

The Balgarth was a Brewer's Fayre when I lived out that way. Not that their chicken goujons wouldn't have turned their heads anyway.

My dad regales me of tales when Alloway Street and the High Street itself were a two-level pub crawl. Even twenty years ago it was something people came down from Glasgow for midweek. These days it's indistinguishable from Fallout.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

My god a Samoyed and a Siamese/ragdoll jeeezo that’s a lot of fluff to deal with. 

The Samoyed doesn't shed at all unless she's wire brushed. The Birman Blue unleashes a tornado of death not dissimilar to that time when all the asbestos came off the SRE in the 90s if he's so much as looked at however.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

That’s an excellent suggestion. Since @itzdrk stopped doing his podcast there is a dearth of Ayr related podcasts.

Have thought about starting again but I don't go enough and wouldn't want to do it where I have to come up with a guest all the time.  

Unlikely I will. 

4 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Money going to be rolling in from the celtic game💷💷

Club better rescue a cat with all this money they are rolling in now. 

Posted (edited)

Had a cat for 21 years. Never shat anywhere. Never had to rearrange a holiday around her. Never had to tell her to get off a house guest. Never had to clean slevers off my jeans. Never had neighbours greet about noise. When my Nephews were born, Never worried about their face being eaten off. Girlfriends brought back, and never worried about them giving me grief on the drive back to our flat cos of undue dug stank on them.. Every time I revisit (moved out 2012)I went straight for the cat. 

f**k dugs.

Anyhow. Killie are shite in Europe and any new signings yet? 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I did my work experience in the Savoy Park many years ago. It was a good laugh plus I got free food, which is always a bonus.

I was this close to doing my work experience at the ex-PnBer whose picture framing business was in Heathfield and whose political opinions were unmentionable. Fortunately I chose the vets on Maybole Road instead and learned what cat piss smelled like.

TBF I semi-regularly do podcasts about pro wrestling and always liked the idea of it but I don’t know any of the editing part of it if I can find someone who could i would maybe  give it a bash 

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I had no idea so many of the Ayr support were menopausal spinsters. 

Is the ground even dug-friendly? I don't think I've ever seen one in Somerset.

Back onto the UWS video, incredible to finally see some sort of open company discussion come out of the local college credits as opposed to the softballs and nothings from the club's own comms staff. But at the same time, good on Smith for agreeing to it and being candid.

Edited by Thumper

This cat talk reminds me of the old Mascot 'SylvestAyr', which was Sylvester of looney tune fame in an Ayr top.

Probably the pishest mascot ever to grace the field at Somerset. An Abomination. Whoever came up with that idea needed binned.

14 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

This cat talk reminds me of the old Mascot 'SylvestAyr', which was Sylvester of looney tune fame in an Ayr top.

Probably the pishest mascot ever to grace the field at Somerset. An Abomination. Whoever came up with that idea needed binned.

I vaguely remember that. When was it?

There was also another Panda called Chaos at one point as well.

On 22/05/2024 at 17:45, Thereisalight.. said:

DKBs released Steven Warnock as well. Always rated the lad when I saw him in reserve games and from Maybole. 

Too small and lightweight for the top flight, he was never a Mcinnes type player. 

He did little of note when loaned to Edinburgh City, but feel free to gush over him. 

5 hours ago, railwayend said:

Killie boy nobody on here actually thinks about your team , our club is on the move , it’s only a question of time now before we return to the top flight . Soon all your wee one liners will be defunct . So chill out and enjoy your final days being AYRshire’s representative in the premiership. The fleet is in motion . 

Yer dealer must have some good gear in just now.