The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Talk was Motherwell, Dundee linked too. IMO Obileye needs a good defender or two around him to allow his obvious flaws to not be a huge problem. Namely the fact he cannot use his left foot at all, he'll constantly try to turn onto his right but it's a pain when he's being closed down.

Just for science I want him to play as a trialist alongside McGinty.  

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The use of “them” and “that lot” is really opening my eyes to who peoples big teams are. 

My big team is and forever will be Ayr United. Any one who thinks they can have two teams is the same country is fooling themself, will any one actually care if Celtic fans stood in the Somerset Road end on a random Friday in July if we celebrating promotion in April or May the extra cash boost from this game could provide the player that pushes us over that line, I wish it was a level playing field but unfortunately money talks and we are not in a position to turn our nose up any anyone's money.

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Do the next signing like this outside the *** shop. 

I mean we were nearly there last season when we announced Jamie Murphy at Jewsons. 

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Talk was Motherwell, Dundee linked too. IMO Obileye needs a good defender or two around him to allow his obvious flaws to not be a huge problem. Namely the fact he cannot use his left foot at all, he'll constantly try to turn onto his right but it's a pain when he's being closed down.

Rules us out then

13 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Think we will need to wait until next weekend to hear any squad news?

Looks like that’s the way the club are doing things. 

It irked me slightly for a bit when I heard we might give Celtic the SRE, however after thinking about it for a couple of hours I realised it's really not a big deal - the more the merrier if it helps us sign a few players!

Posted (edited)

Ayr fans in a half full SRE and no extra player signed vs Celtic fans in a full SRE and the cash allowing us a new signing of a similar standard to the 4 we have made so far for what will be a fairly comfortable defeat in a friendly and a Celtic party either way?  Seems an absolute no brainer Option 2 for me.  

I'll add that I've not paid into a friendly for over a decade and got no intention of changing that anytime soon, the 'official' opening of the new stand in my eyes will be the Falkirk game in the League Cup. 

EDIT - Option 2 🤣

Edited by Hursty

On a non greeting about friendlies note - i see Viljami Sinisalo is again in the Finland squad for the game v Scotland next week, albeit as 3rd choice and their captain is the #1.   Could still be the case that an ex Ayr player scores v an ex Ayr keeper in an International game at Hampden - surely never happened before? 

Can’t wait for the club to announce that the SRE is for home fans and the idiots on Facebook take it as some sort of a victory for themselves that they forced the clubs hand despite the fact the SRE was always going to be for home fans. There really needs to be some sort of intelligence test designed before folk are allowed access to the internet. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Can’t wait for the club to announce that the SRE is for home fans and the idiots on Facebook take it as some sort of a victory for themselves that they forced the clubs hand despite the fact the SRE was always going to be for home fans. There really needs to be some sort of intelligence test designed before folk are allowed access to the internet. 

I really don’t think it was always going to be for home fans tbh, as I don’t see the purpose in holding back sales otherwise. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I really don’t think it was always going to be for home fans tbh, as I don’t see the purpose in holding back sales otherwise. 

I think there’s a chance they could be working out some way for it to be sold exclusively to home fans. I’m already aware of Celtic fans who have purchased tickets for the home end as Celtic have sold out their allocation so far. 

I’m not in the least bit bothered if the SRE is full of Celtic fans. I’ll look forward to the signings that we’ll be making with the money we get but I don’t think the club can ever allow themselves to bow down to fans over a friendly game where the whole purpose of the match is to make the club a bit of money. 

Just now, Hursty said:

On a non greeting about friendlies note - i see Viljami Sinisalo is again in the Finland squad for the game v Scotland next week, albeit as 3rd choice and their captain is the #1.   Could still be the case that an ex Ayr player scores v an ex Ayr keeper in an International game at Hampden - surely never happened before? 

I don't think that has ever happened before. Good shout. I love random football shit like that.

1 hour ago, Rb123 said:

#weareunited

FB_IMG_1717358381322.jpg

This is almost as staunch as that Union Jack banner that showed up at Somerset a few years ago

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

This is almost as staunch as that Union Jack banner that showed up at Somerset a few years ago

Why is it staunch? We're not playing Rangers, I'd assume that's why they aren't mentioned. Believe it or not there are actually people who despise BOTH of the OF.

Agree with it or not, hats off to the young team for showing a bit of passion and pride for the club.

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Why is it staunch? We're not playing Rangers, I'd assume that's why they aren't mentioned. Believe it or not there are actually people who despise BOTH of the OF.

Agree with it or not, hats off to the young team for showing a bit of passion and pride for the club.

I don’t see how it’s displaying passion or pride in the slightest to be honest.