The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Trying to get away from the SRE chat, interesting comments from Brown on website: “"It's a really competitive transfer market and I'm happy we've so far got the ones we wanted who were first choice for the positions we needed to fill. Obviously you're going to miss out at times but the squad's coming together nicely and we'd still like a couple more." 

I hope he’s severely under cooking it by saying “a couple more” as we’re still 5 or 6 players away imo. 

Could be that there are some we have tied up prior to this statement, but not yet released to us punters.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’d be more worried with him saying the positions that “needed to fill”. Folk laugh and joke, but we’re going with McAllister and Reading. 

We will be going with Reading, we absolutely won’t be starting with McAllister. 

10 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Could be that there are some we have tied up prior to this statement, but not yet released to us punters.

That’s how I read it , another two first picks in the bag but not announced ! 

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

Was there any particular reason for changing the home end from the railway end to the Somerset road end? I have always thought noise coming from there is so much louder from the SRE.

Much prefer the railway end for atmosphere as well. The couple of games in 18/19 and 19/20 that we were in there the noise was so much greater.

I think Brown meant more that in the recent signings we’ve replaced players that have departed. Oakley for Willoughby, Henderson for Chalmers, Stone for Clarke and Dowds for eh… Dowds.

Think this week we’ll need to address what’s happening with Sanders and Musonda. Replacement needed in midfield for McHugh departing as well. 

1 hour ago, Superhursty7 said:

Was there any particular reason for changing the home end from the railway end to the Somerset road end? I have always thought noise coming from there is so much louder from the SRE.

After the Dundee LC semi final debacle at Somerset Ayr were pressured by the SFA to get a segregation fence up . They chose to put the fence where it is today and moved Ayr fans to the bigger area ! 

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Thats my hope, going baws out but as I've said before I have a feeling Reading will be like a new player.   We absolutely need a right back though 

3 players finished that Scotland game today and could easily all have game time v Germany next week in front of millions around the world that played for us in League 1 BTW.  

As someone who is going to the game that's both a fun fact I can te folk on the day, and also utterly terrifying 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Brown meant more that in the recent signings we’ve replaced players that have departed. Oakley for Willoughby, Henderson for Chalmers, Stone for Clarke and Dowds for eh… Dowds.

Think this week we’ll need to address what’s happening with Sanders and Musonda. Replacement needed in midfield for McHugh departing as well. 

Musonda is with Zambia for the next two weeks. Probably why he's not signed for Ayr, or anyone else yet. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Musonda is with Zambia for the next two weeks. Probably why he's not signed for Ayr, or anyone else yet. 

I thought he was almost due back. Feels like he’s been away for a while now. Can only hope he re-signs, stays fit and gets a proper pre season under his belt. He’s the only player (along with Chalmers) that I see trying to move on this summer. 

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

McAllister was second choice at the start of last season behind a guy whose knees seemed to be wired up in the wrong direction. He still prevailed.

If Ayr's first-choice fullbacks were anywhere near as good at actually blocking or tackling somebody as they are at cockroach-level survival nobody would have any issue with them.

We should have got Sheffield Wednesday as the opposition for the Grand Opening of our shiny new stand. Didn't we used to have someone at the club linked to the Owls? The club could have commissioned a limited edition gilet for the match, to make up for the shortfall in attendees.

1 hour ago, The Smell of VICTORY said:

We should have got Sheffield Wednesday as the opposition for the Grand Opening of our shiny new stand. Didn't we used to have someone at the club linked to the Owls? The club could have commissioned a limited edition gilet for the match, to make up for the shortfall in attendees.

The way the club eulogised him when he was binned, I'm surprised we haven't named the new stand after Bullen.

11 hours ago, railwayend said:

On the SRE saga , so it looks like Celtic will bring 6,000 fans on the fifth . This will give us perhaps around £100k . 

That's only if you ignore the cost of the clean up.

It's inevitable that the toilets will be smashed up, graffiti against your back wall, and "green brigade" stickers stuck to every surface. If you're unlucky the place will stink of pish until it's power washed too as they'll just do that against the back wall.

Opening your arse for a quick buck, and have a day of listening to Celtic fans sing about the IRA and serenade Brown, who'll lap it up and wave to them during the match etc., sounds horrendous. I'd honestly not bother going.

Clubs, and I include my own, that allow the OF priority simply because they want some extra money are a massive stain on the game. It's them that have allowed this superiority complex to take root.

9 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Will possibly get shot at here but since Brown has come in Stanger didn’t really put a foot wrong at right back

4 hours ago, Thumper said:

McAllister was second choice at the start of last season behind a guy whose knees seemed to be wired up in the wrong direction. He still prevailed.

If Ayr's first-choice fullbacks were anywhere near as good at actually blocking or tackling somebody as they are at cockroach-level survival nobody would have any issue with them.

That was when we had a manager happy with any random shite as a signing…

43 minutes ago, Aufc_ said:

Will possibly get shot at here but since Brown has come in Stanger didn’t really put a foot wrong at right back

Yeah, but I would still rather he was at centre half and an actual RB brought in.

49 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That was when we had a manager happy with any random shite as a signing…

Yeah, but I would still rather he was at centre half and an actual RB brought in.

I would assume (dangerous word) that we'd bring in a new full back if we had a decent cup run. I think it was McCall who always said escaping the league cup groups was worth atleast 1 if not 2 new signings, if we have a decent run and a good draw in the knockouts we're laughing. 

I’d expect another 3-4 signings before the league cup games. A right back, a centre back, midfielder and a winger ideally. After that we take stock and see what we need based of those early games and add in 1-2 more. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d expect another 3-4 signings before the league cup games. A right back, a centre back, midfielder and a winger ideally. After that we take stock and see what we need based of those early games and add in 1-2 more. 

Given the make up of our squad if we are getting a winger they should be our random punt signing.