The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Normal league games I would imagine so, all ticket matches maybe not depending on sales and areas meeting capacity.  If SRE was to sell out for Killie game, gate to NT would be closed to avoid overcrowding etc.

Ok thanks, didn't know the gate would still be there

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We only need to take in the £30k you can't afford to pay us to square up what's owed.  Will be grand. 

I doubt Killie can’t afford it. They will bank a worse case scenario of 2 million from UEFA. 

35 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I doubt Killie can’t afford it. They will bank a worse case scenario of 2 million from UEFA. 

They would have just paid it if they could afford it 😉

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

It's not that Ayr are desperate for the cash, it's to smooth us over for not taking Killie to court over non payment of a youth player as previously mentioned.

Sorry- have I missed something? Who did the poach was it recent? I don’t remember seeing anything 

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Sorry- have I missed something? Who did the poach was it recent? I don’t remember seeing anything 

Youth player out of one of the lower age groups.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I get that McGeady has been a waste of a wage (playing wise) however don’t see the point in him retiring unless he’s leaving the club completely. Likelihood is he’ll be on one combined wage rather than two seperate wages so might aswell still have him registered as a player. 

Just remember one of our last home games McGeady was on his phone the entire game, not at all interested in the game.

Wonder whether we actually made an offer for Chalmers.  Brown was quoted as saying he got the players he wanted, but then I suppose he would say that.  I guess we’d have had to pay absolute top dollar for a player who always seemed like too much of a compromise for me.  Capable of moments of absolute quality, but posted missing far too often.  

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Good luck to him - great when hot - missing when cold

Usually I’ll wish good luck to a player moving on but, not so much when they move on to a team we will be in direct competition with. I hope he has a terrible season. I’ve been burned by former players coming back to haunt us. Dreading the day Bangala “the ghost” comes back to haunt us. Sorry @Richey Edwards.