The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Exactly why would we sign him then let him leave for free? Surely we would have negotiated to get something out of the deal? 

I'm very happy if we did infact recieve a fee. Just find the idea that St Johnstone wanted to pay a fee for him strange. 

Also odd that we would have signed him and not announced it, unless this all happened very quickly.

More funds in the war chest.

13 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Exactly why would we sign him then let him leave for free? Surely we would have negotiated to get something out of the deal? 

They’ve supposedly paid a fee for him

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

This can’t be true. We didn’t announce he had signed, which we would’ve done if he had signed. So he has gone to St Johnston on a free or else they paid Killie a small fee.

Heard this around a week ago or so and I didn’t post it for this very reason. Seemed to bonkers to be true. 

Surely it would depend on when his contact at Kilmarnock officially ended.

Because if all he had signed with Ayr was effectively a PCA I thought they weren't actually legally binding and St. Johnstone could have just signed him anyway?

If his contact at Ayr had started them St J. would have needed to negotiate with Ayr, but given Ayr hadn't announced a signing I find it a bit strange.

Edited by super_carson

Even if it was minutes old, the contract would still be binding, there would be legal and registration fees involved, maybe even a signing on fee paid. Ayr would at least expect all of that to be covered. 

37 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Because if all he had signed with Ayr was effectively a PCA I thought they weren't actually legally binding and St. Johnstone could have just signed him anyway?

If his contact at Ayr had started them St J. would have needed to negotiate with Ayr, but given Ayr hadn't announced a signing I find it a bit strange.

Ross County once bought a minibus for St Johnstone after Richard Brittain decided not to honour his pre contract.

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ross County once bought a minibus for St Johnstone after Richard Brittain decided not to honour his pre contract.

What do we reckon Sanders was worth, a mini? Robin Reliant? Bike with a flat tyre? 

4 minutes ago, super_carson said:

What do we reckon Sanders was worth, a mini? Robin Reliant? Bike with a flat tyre? 

I'd personally like to see Bill McWilliams get his Pope mobile kitted out with some new mods. It's the least they could do for taking Sanders off us.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

A PCA is effectively a gentleman's agreement. There's nothing binding about them and a player is well within their rights to change their mind at a later point. Calum Elliot agreed a PCA with Livi before signing for us and was pictured in a training top with a pen and paper, only for us to announce him a few weeks later. You might find some clubs do a courtesy deal like Ross County did, but it's an absolute token gesture. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A PCA is effectively a gentleman's agreement. There's nothing binding about them and a player is well within their rights to change their mind at a later point. Calum Elliot agreed a PCA with Livi before signing for us and was pictured in a training top with a pen and paper, only for us to announce him a few weeks later. You might find some clubs do a courtesy deal like Ross County did, but it's an absolute token gesture. 

Mr Maurcice Johnston springs to mind as well