The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What time is the home fans Celtic game today?

7.45, but they’re only playing one half as the other half will be in July. FYI.

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

I can vaguely remember a spell where they weren't allowed to open the gate between NT and SRE until the game had kicked off for some reason, was always an absolute scrum as soon as it got opened. 

It was a mad safety requirement, if it rained, there could be a rush of people in the the Somerset road end and a potential crush. 
The club was required to wait until 5 past 3 to confirm that the crowd was less than the capacity of the Somerset road end before the gate was opened. 

I’m guessing we might be waiting for Dundee to bring a defender in before they let Ashcroft go. That’s on the assumption he’s coming to us and not Livi. 

I’d be quite happy if we let Hastie away and tried for a central midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m guessing we might be waiting for Dundee to bring a defender in before they let Ashcroft go. That’s on the assumption he’s coming to us and not Livi. 

Im not keen on Hastie but I kinda wanna see what the plan is for all these wingers. 

I was thinking I don't think I've ever known a season where we don't have a single away game that involves travelling through Stirling and beyond. On the plus side it will be cheaper and has the potential for big away followings if we do well. On the other hand its ever so slightly dull. 

Maybe we'll get some absolute bangers in the cups to make up for it.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t know if your aware but seemingly us jags and Raith Rovers are also in for Ashcroft.  

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Don’t know if your aware but seemingly us jags and Raith Rovers are also in for Ashcroft.  

Shouldn't have to worry about him going to penniless, smaller clubs tbh. 

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Think you can rule Raith out after they signed Hanlon. They now have him, Murray, Fordyce and Liam Dick who can play there. 

I’d imagine he’s of interest to most teams in the league bar Raith, Airdrie and Morton.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

Have a feeling that Raith will regret signing Hanlon and Stevenson, they are well past their best. 

Not quite mcGeady levels of past it though. Think they will still do  a job in this league. We must be lined up for a centre defence signing after letting mcGinty and Sanders away, especially with Frankies history.  If we don't get Ashcroft , I can see some loans coming our way.

Have a feeling that Raith will regret signing Hanlon and Stevenson, they are well past their best. 

Stevenson aye, but I’d have bit your hand off for Hanlon. Could’ve done another season in the top flight imo.

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think you can rule Raith out after they signed Hanlon. They now have him, Murray, Fordyce and Liam Dick who can play there. 

I’d imagine he’s of interest to most teams in the league bar Raith, Airdrie and Morton.

We'll not be in for Ashcroft. We've got Hanlon, Murray and Fordyce and (our) Scott Brown can be an emergency deputy. 

We've got Liam Dick signed up so we're not overly reliant on Stevenson. A lot of Hibs fans wanted to keep Hanlon.