The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I can’t see us signing Carse and Hastie but I’d be happier with the former. Would imagine Rus might start playing a wider role rather than the area behind the strikers. 

Unless Carse is signed for Dempseys position but that would leave us with about four players for that one place. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Wouldn’t be overly excited with Carse signing. Didn’t really make an impression at QP last season. 

According to transfer market, he is more of a defensive midfielder.  If that's true, would allow Dempsey to be more of an 8 in an advanced role which I think suits him more rather than sitting.  

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t see us signing Carse and Hastie but I’d be happier with the former. Would imagine Rus might start playing a wider role rather than the area behind the strikers. 

Unless Carse is signed for Dempseys position but that would leave us with about four players for that one place. 

Ones a centre mid and the other is a winger so doubt one signing completely rules out the other. We probably don’t need both though and will be dependent on where we see Rus. 

37 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bit surprised to see Charlie Telfer sign for Ross County.  Decent player, but never really struck me as a premier league player.

Would have took him at Ayr, hoped the friendship with Andy Murdoch might of gave us a chance. I notice Kerr McInroy hasn’t got a club yet. Think he was fine at Thistle on the whole but was poor in the playoff matches I watched. If Carse does sign I suspect that will be us in the centre mid area. 

5 minutes ago, Only me... said:

On to tonight,  gates open 6.15, earliest I've heard of at Ayr for a 7.45KO. We've won our last two friendlies 4-2, will it be three in a row tonight? 

You just know the queues will still be a mile long come 7.44pm

Edited by Thereisalight..