The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

George Oakley is very endearing. Goes up for every header and is guaranteed to either win the ball or leave his opponent in a heap. 

Rus looks a good find. Very quick and sharp and linked up well with the front two. 

Are Oakley and Dowds going to work as a partnership? Think a lot of us seen it as one or the other playing but even better if they're both on at the same time

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

On a seperate note I see Auchinleck have changed their pre season friendly against Killie on Sunday to behind closed doors as Killie have told them they're putting out a youth/reserve team

That's giving me a bit of reservations about buying a ticket for Thursday night incase the same thing happens...

Heard tonight that Killie haven’t sold many as a lot are deliberately avoiding it.

5 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Heard tonight that Killie haven’t sold many as a lot are deliberately avoiding it.

Yeah didn't mean it as in becoming a closed door game on Thursday night just that it would be pretty poor paying £20 for a ticket to watch killie reserves/u18's against us...

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Yeah didn't mean it as in becoming a closed door game on Thursday night just that it would be pretty poor paying £20 for a ticket to watch killie reserves/u18's against us...

Aye I was meaning it probably won’t even be worth going for the atmosphere.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I didn’t realise there were only two turnstiles at the new stand, that isn’t going to go very well. 

Any games with a half decent crowd and it’ll be a shambles. 

There are four turnstiles - two in each shed (for want of a better description).

TBH there isn’t that much interest in this game considering it’s a derby, although we will probably bring around 1,000.

£20 for a friendly is steep, especially when around 2,000 of us are planning to go to Belgium.

I believe we will probably field a reasonably strong team in the build up to out European adventure.

Best of luck for the new season..

Posted (edited)

Tbf to the Killie fans I wouldn’t go to Rugby Park for a friendly. I’d rather not give them money if I can help it.

Competitive games completely different. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

TBH there isn’t that much interest in this game considering it’s a derby, although we will probably bring around 1,000.

£20 for a friendly is steep, especially when around 2,000 of us are planning to go to Belgium.

I believe we will probably field a reasonably strong team in the build up to out European adventure.

Best of luck for the new season..

Same. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

On a seperate note I see Auchinleck have changed their pre season friendly against Killie on Sunday to behind closed doors as Killie have told them they're putting out a youth/reserve team

That's giving me a bit of reservations about buying a ticket for Thursday night incase the same thing happens...

43 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Killie will field a mixture of first team players and academy prospects. They had a mixture the other day when they beat The New Saints 5-0 and it will be the same set up tomorrow against Queens Park. 

Edited by the west curve

20 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Played no bad but still need a kind of maverick midfielder,cause with the tightness of the leg that could be the difference.

Rus is surely that player. He’s very sharp and looks like teams big problems this season. 

Just now, Nelson said:

Arrived at the ground around 7.15 and got in no bother at all.  I’m guessing folk just turned up too late.  

Arrived at 20 past and never got in til 8