The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Getting back to the football, I feel like I’ve been on euros mode and haven’t really thought too much about us for the upcoming session. 

If we make Hamilton and Hastie our last signings does anyone think we have the necessary quality to push for the top two positions or potentially looking at battling it out for top four..

I think a lot depends on some unknowns - for example what Watret can provide from RB. We need to provide a pathway though, so I’m fine with us taking that risk of inconsistency. 

Also what Rus and Walker can offer us quality wise over the season. I think Oakley and Dowds are good strikers, but potentially not win the league style strikers. Henderson and McMann are obviously exceptional signings. 

I think you would need everything to come together perfectly to be pushing Raith and Partick. 

I cant see us challenging for the title with the squad we have.  

Playoffs.

12 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think dowds and Oakley will have a fantastic season .been a while since we've had two strikers up top .think every team needs two strikers on pitch .its just so much better to watch. 

I’m definitely very interested in how two guys like that play together. Particularly with service from the likes of Murphy and Henderson.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I cant see us challenging for the title with the squad we have.  

Playoffs.

Yeah - thats what I’m thinking at the moment. 

Hopefully we can at least get off to a positive start and build some momentum though.

2 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

They could however gone to the ground and found about 6000 Celtic fans there without having to do any hunting at all. 

Probably not the lone 12 year old target they were looking for though. Daft wee wanks. Bin.

Aye but they might have found them  there and you can't tweet photos of you and your pals taking a shoeing. #ahya #leathered isn't what they're after 

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Getting back to the football, I feel like I’ve been on euros mode and haven’t really thought too much about us for the upcoming session. 

If we make Hamilton and Hastie our last signings does anyone think we have the necessary quality to push for the top two positions or potentially looking at battling it out for top four..

I think a lot depends on some unknowns - for example what Watret can provide from RB. We need to provide a pathway though, so I’m fine with us taking that risk of inconsistency. 

Also what Rus and Walker can offer us quality wise over the season. I think Oakley and Dowds are good strikers, but potentially not win the league style strikers. Henderson and McMann are obviously exceptional signings. 

I think you would need everything to come together perfectly to be pushing Raith and Partick. 

I think if it clicks then we’ll be top four without a doubt. We look to have a great deal more depth than usual and Brown has done well to assemble a squad rather than just a starting eleven. 

I think Oakley and Dowds have the makings of a good partnership but it’s Rus I’m more excited to watch. He looks to have a real burst of pace over a short distance and looks like he’ll put himself about a bit as well. 

If we sign Hastie, Hamilton and Carse then the only position we’re lacking real quality depth in is up front but I said last week that was the last position we should be looking at until we got our defence and midfield covered so can’t really have any complaints. 

Posted (edited)

I'm hopeful for a secure top 4. I'd bite your hand off for safe 4th as early as possible. I think Broon will drive for the best with what he has/gets, say maybe 2 more signings then a few loans in/out and that'll see us set. Hopefully with a contingency for January, should we need to bolster.

Watching Rodgers in the dug out, watching the game, I had the thought of, I wonder what advise, if any he'll offer Broon in way of our players/set up so far? As a player I thought he was arrogant but I've been mighty impressed with him so far and he strikes me like he would listen to mentors, take any advice given and then implement that in his own way?

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

I also think with this years Championship being the most Championship league in years, that a hell of a lot of what's going to make any team successful is going to come down to management/coaching teams and I feel we're very well placed there!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Some, erm, interesting retweets from that 

Please remove that material - just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it's right to put it up.

Edited by baba douche

If we sign Hamilton, Hastie and Carse then I’d imagine that’ll be us done as well pretty much have two players for each position 

GK: Stone, Mutch (Ecrepont as back up until Mutch is back and then out on loan) 

RB- Watreat, McAllister 

RCB- Musonda, Hamilton 

LCB- Stanger, McMann

LB, Reading, McMann

RM: Murphy, Hastie

RCM: Rus, Carse 

LCM: Dempsey, Murdoch

LM: Henderson, Walker

ST: Dowds, McKenzie

ST: Oakley, Bryden

In addition we have: Tomlinson, McGeady, Syla, McRoberts, Guthrie

Seems like a missed opportunity if they don't build a squad at least capable of challenging for first place this season

There is absolutely no chance anyone actually from Ayr would go looking for fights on the High Street south of Newmarket Street. The only people there are desperate junkies, hill folk and baffled tourists. And the hill folk are all **** anyway.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There is absolutely no chance anyone actually from Ayr would go looking for fights on the High Street south of Newmarket Street. The only people there are desperate junkies, hill folk and baffled tourists. And the hill folk are all **** anyway.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not sure I'd be happy with a 4th place finish, or even 3rd.OK we don't have a squad that you'd say are title worthy as it stands, but that's where Brown comes in, it's his job to get more out of them. 

Next season I've got higher expectations from Brown than i do the squad. If that makes sense. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the plus side, at least we're getting folk into the town centre. 

If a few neds are fighting in the town but no one is around to see it. Did it really happen? 

Edited by UpInTheAyr

On the subject of 30-40 minute queues: I have a mate who is a season holder and makes 60%+ away games every season, has done for two decades, and still routinely turns up five minutes before games start at e.g. Firhill or EEP and is surprised to miss half of the first half. Somerset absolutely spoils you. Especially at games featuring big crowds you'd be an idiot not to plan to be there half an hour early at most big grounds.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the subject of 30-40 minute queues: I have a mate who is a season holder and makes 60%+ away games every season, has done for two decades, and still routinely turns up five minutes before games start at e.g. Firhill or EEP and is surprised to miss half of the first half. Somerset absolutely spoils you. Especially at games featuring big crowds you'd be an idiot not to plan to be there half an hour early at most big grounds.

They must be turning up actively late because I'm sauntering in as close to 3pm as possible as well and I don't remember missing large parts of games.  

Except in Kirkcaldy where I couldn't be arsed leaving the pub until 20 past 3 :lol:

20 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Especially with the facilities at Somerset now.