The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Iain said:

By far the best part of this is at the end when the chairman says "finishing a new stand on time isn't for everyone, but we managed to do it". Nice wee dig at those clubs with construction issues these days :D

Enjoyed that line as well!🤣

I see we have a new kit man as well, you taking a break @Finlay21?

4 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Can anyone get their hands on a match program from the Celtic Game form me please, it's for a good friend who didn't manage to pick one up at game. Ta.

I can give you a programme 

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Are there plenty left?  Have bid for a shirt so wouldn't mind one to go with it to be framed.

Lots left I believe but I do have spares 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Still here helping out , I retired a few years ago to spend time with family , ended up volunteering as kit man and working 5/6 days a week , can’t commit that time this season so will be assisting most of the season thus allowing me to get time for holidays , following Scotland etc without worrying who could cover for me when doing that last season 

Amazing, quite right.  You lived the (realistic) dream for an Ayr fan!

Expecting much of a crowd on Thursday?

Be surprised if we have more than 1,000 there. 

£430 on season tickets and 2 Euro away days in space of a fortnight (could be space of 7 days) &  2 Euro home games has seen quite a lot of folk i've spoken to giving it a miss. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

£430 on season tickets and 2 Euro away days in space of a fortnight (could be space of 7 days) &  2 Euro home games has seen quite a lot of folk i've spoken to giving it a miss. 

Na, not interested in a friendly derby tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah I patched buying a ticket. Went to the Celtic game as it had a bit of a historical factor to it but this one isn’t interesting me. Had the Ayrshire Cup been up for grabs it might’ve seen a bigger crowd. 

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I hope it is low numbers so we don't do this kinda nonsense often. 

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If Killie bring 1,000 on Thursday , it’ll still be amongst the biggest supports coming to Somerset this season , so fair fucks . 

Our own support , particularly on here , love to moan about everything the club try to do but are extremely reluctant to come out and support the club by putting their hand in their pockets . 

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'll be there missed the Celtic game due to being  on holiday and it will be my first chance to get on the the new stand I'm looking forward to the Falkirk game more though and hopefully we can put a marker down for the season 

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I hope it is low numbers so we don't do this kinda nonsense often. 

It is a decent chance for both clubs to get a good warm up in what will be the most competitive fixture they will both play in preseason no doubt.

I’m still 50/50 about going along. 

15 minutes ago, railwayend said:

If Killie bring 1,000 on Thursday , it’ll still be amongst the biggest supports coming to Somerset this season , so fair fucks . 

Our own support , particularly on here , love to moan about everything the club try to do but are extremely reluctant to come out and support the club by putting their hand in their pockets . 

I don’t think anyone has moaned about it. 

Saying they aren’t going isn’t moaning fwiw. Far better uses of £20 than a friendly match. 

8 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Any notion of how much money was made from the Celtic game? 
If even 2-3k go to the Killie game it could be two nice wee money spinners. 

100 -150 k is my guess .from the celtic  game .