The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think anyone has moaned about it. 

Saying they aren’t going isn’t moaning fwiw. Far better uses of £20 than a friendly match. 

Think this arranged match is a mistake, no appetite for it at all.

4 hours ago, railwayend said:

If Killie bring 1,000 on Thursday , it’ll still be amongst the biggest supports coming to Somerset this season , so fair fucks . 

Our own support , particularly on here , love to moan about everything the club try to do but are extremely reluctant to come out and support the club by putting their hand in their pockets . 

Was at the KFCSA AGM tonight. We've sold 1300.

With Hastie I do think there is still potentially a player in there he did make a good impact a couple of times for us off the bench however that was in League 1 and I didn't expect him to get a championship club also aren't too bothered that we didn't sign him permanently. I was sort of expecting him to sign for someone like Cove especially giving the fact Hartley had signed him at Hartlepool. It wouldn't surprise me if Hastie does turn out to be a good signing especially given the fact that Brown might get the most out of him however it also wouldn't surprise me if his contract was to be ripped up or he gets loaned out in January. 

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Years of reading people and situations formed my opinion. I clearly wrote it as an opinion not as fact. So take yer 👀 and get back in yer box. 

You’ve just been snider providered. Welcome to p&b

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Genuinely shocked Hastie got another full time gig after us.  He had EK written all over him for me.

Tomi Adeloye went to EK.

Anyway: I am absolutely astonished to have just watched the website interviews. Jesus Christ. If the club can actually budget for this level of professionalism then A Good Feeling At Cappielow Somerset beckons.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I think the thing with the increased price for this game is that the clubs both know they’ll probably get at least 3000 people in at £20 a head whereas if you made it £10 a head you aren’t going to get 6000 to attend I don’t think.

Also, and I’ve got no idea on the cost, but like everything in life I assume the costs for police and security are greatly increased to what they were 5 or 10 years ago. As we’ve talked about on this thread the potential for trouble is growing week on week it feels currently and I wouldn’t be surprised to find the police have said they need a certain number of police at a certain overtime cost even to get the game to go ahead.

I can’t remember the exact details of the last time we played a friendly/ayrshire cup or the dreaded WestFM cup  but it’s probably been at least a decade and it (probably) was £10 a ticket back then.

I don’t blame the clubs for the pricing and at the same time wouldn’t blame anyone for not going along for the price or whatever reason.

Killie have nothing to do with the pricing as they are taking no money from the game. They just want to give their fringe players a run out. On the attendance , most Killie fans are giving it a miss so I would imagine only around 1500 will travel.

Edited by the west curve

1 minute ago, the west curve said:

they are taking no money from the game. 

Surely they're getting appearance money. You don't turn up for nothing.  

7 hours ago, Thumper said:

Tomi Adeloye went to EK.

Eh? Last I heard he had an operation at the end of the season and was out of contact at Swindon 

14 minutes ago, Weekeith said:

Surely they're getting appearance money. You don't turn up for nothing.  

The games a make weight for a youth player they poached

2 minutes ago, Peil said:

Eh? Last I heard he had an operation at the end of the season and was out of contact at Swindon 

Played there just before covid kicked in.

It's a hit and hope signing with Hastie but would rather see him come on as a sub on the wing than see Bryden come on out of position and create nothing... 

Bryden needs to go out on loan and see if he can improve his all round game... Far too raw and inexperienced to play for us this year.. 

58 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Killie have nothing to do with the pricing as they are taking no money from the game. They just want to give their fringe players a run out. On the attendance , most Killie fans are giving it a miss so I would imagine only around 1500 will travel.

If Killie could have just paid their £30,000 debt then the game wouldn't be taking place.  

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

I would have just taken them to a tribunal

f**k them. 

I said the same.  It's not really about the money, should be about having a backbone and standing up for the club.  Maybe Mathie not wanting to rock the boat with Killie since he has ties there.

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

Why on earth would we play a 2nd string side? It'll be as close to a full strength side as any injuries allow. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If Killie could have just paid their £30,000 debt then the game wouldn't be taking place.  

This must suit Ayr, otherwise they wouldn't have entertained it. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I would have just taken them to a tribunal

f**k them. 

Me too. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I said the same.  It's not really about the money, should be about having a backbone and standing up for the club.  Maybe Mathie not wanting to rock the boat with Killie since he has ties there.

You do get the odd loan player due to proximity so you never know.