The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You progress as if you are going to buy the ticket, then it takes you to a Sign In or Register page where you put your email address in, if you aren't registered with that email address the next page is your registration.  

I am not registered but I presume if that email address was registered then at that screen it will ask you to log in there.   

Worked this time, cheers mate.

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Apparently paying Oakley the same amount too which I find hard to believe.

If that's true you're off your head. He's pish.

Be amazed if you are though, we've first team players on less than that. 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If that's true you're off your head. He's pish.

Be amazed if you are though, we've first team players on less than that. 

Two seasons ago, we failed to sign a player despite offering him to be the highest paid player at the club and he was offered £700 a week, so I doubt that within 2 seasons we have upped that benchmark by a grand

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If Killie could have just paid their £30,000 debt then the game wouldn't be taking place.  

We don’t really do paying for debts we prefer to wait around until they go away.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

James McPake claiming we offered Lee Ashcroft 1.7k a week. James McPake, however is a massive wet wipe so take that with a pinch of salt. 

Not true. A journalist allegedly told McPake that in an interview and McPake said we wouldn't be able to match it. Journalist then turned it into a story about how we couldn't compete with you financially. 

I also don't believe the figure is true fwiw.

I don’t think it’s a secret that we do have a decent budget this year and probably will be one of the highest paying but I highly doubt we’re paying anyone close to £1700 pw. Highest earners likely to be on close to a grand id of thought. 

Dunfermline seem to be in the same place we were in last summer. Making offers for a whole cohort of players only for them to go elsewhere. You’d imagine the likes of McMann, Oakley, Byrne, Hanlon, Stevenson, Ashcroft and Chalmers were all spoken to by Dunfermline yet they’ve gone to clubs spending more money. 

Either Brown is selling Ayr a lot better than Bullen was or we have learned that to get proven quality you need to offer more and that’s what we’ve done. It’s likely a bit of both. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunfermline seem to be in the same place we were in last summer. Making offers for a whole cohort of players only for them to go elsewhere. You’d imagine the likes of McMann, Oakley, Byrne, Hanlon, Stevenson, Ashcroft and Chalmers were all spoken to by Dunfermline yet they’ve gone to clubs spending more money. 

Either Brown is selling Ayr a lot better than Bullen was or we have learned that to get proven quality you need to offer more and that’s what we’ve done. It’s likely a bit of both. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some truth in that. We had three players opt to join us last season ahead of other clubs because John Potter is absolutely relentless. I've heard pretty much first hand about how well Potter kept the players and their families in the loop. It wouldn't surprise me if Brown will be able to do the same. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we definitely learned some lessons last summer Mathie was happy publicly admitting that we tried to sign every single one of Raith Rovers' summer signings.

Budget very noticeably increased this summer will help. 

Our business this summer may well be good but it’s been unspectacular, none of the signings have been of the “how the f**k did that happen?” Type. 

Both McPake and Murray have tried to paint us as “moneybags” Ayr United. We have, on the face of it, signed two players that played for Championship teams last season, two players on loan from Premier teams, one who hasn’t played at this level and one who barely kicked a ball last year. 
The rest are youth players from lower league teams in England. It’s really no different profile to the players we have signed over the last 2-3 years.

The only difference this season is, the players actually look quite good. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Our business this summer may well be good but it’s been unspectacular, none of the signings have been of the “how the f**k did that happen?” Type. 

Both McPake and Murray have tried to paint us as “moneybags” Ayr United. We have, on the face of it, signed two players that played for Championship teams last season, two players on loan from Premier teams, one who hasn’t played at this level and one who barely kicked a ball last year. 
The rest are youth players from lower league teams in England. It’s really no different profile to the players we have signed over the last 2-3 years.

Yeah, Dowds had that connection from last year.  Oakley isn't too much of a rabbit out the hat.  McMann maybe as he is a very good player at this level.  Other than that, it's been the usual type of signings we have been making. Henderson the Mullinesque loan, Stone the Doohanesque loan, Rus and Walker from down south and Hastie picked up from floating about Scotland.

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McMann is the one player that made me sit up. A stand out full back for the team who won the league last season shouldn’t really be signing for the club who finished 8th. It was a sign that we weren’t messing around this summer as he would’ve easily had far better offers than just us. 

Oakley is the type of signing that we should be aiming to make one or two of each season. Solid, proven Championship players who probably aren’t quite good enough for the top flight but will always do a turn to a team in this league. After last season many of us probably felt these kind of players were now out our reach. I’m glad to see we’ve went for obvious targets rather than trying to be too clever. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McMann is the one player that made me sit up. A stand out full back for the team who won the league last season shouldn’t really be signing for the club who finished 8th. It was a sign that we weren’t messing around this summer as he would’ve easily had far better offers than just us. 

Oakley is the type of signing that we should be aiming to make one or two of each season. Solid, proven Championship players who probably aren’t quite good enough for the top flight but will always do a turn to a team in this league. After last season many of us probably felt these kind of players were now out our reach. I’m glad to see we’ve went for obvious targets rather than trying to be too clever. 

McCann is a good signing, decent age and experience. 
On paper, he’s a player released by a team promoted and could have landed at any Championship team, if he’d signed for Dunfermline, I don’t think anyone would have thought that Dunfermline were flashing cash about. 

I think it’s more surprising, based on recent seasons, that we made an offer to sign him and didn’t just wait for the dregs come September rather than the signing itself. That we made a signing in June, where the support went, yip, he’ll do a job, he’ll be ok rather than a frantic google and YouTube search 

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

IMG_3809.thumb.jpeg.5cab700a7f2d1c488d8300c754a1cd21.jpeg

His partner is from Kilmarnock. 

I laughed at this, then felt bad.

Nobody should be threatening anyone 🫤 Domestic abuse is a terrible thing.

Hope the dog is okay 🤞

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

IMG_3809.thumb.jpeg.5cab700a7f2d1c488d8300c754a1cd21.jpeg

His partner is from Kilmarnock. 

While this is terrible I hope it the solitude allows focus on deciphering hieroglyphs.  

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would imagine the closed doors game today would have been this afternoon.  Wonder if there were any other trialists in and if it was a younger team for ourselves. 

The Celtic B twitter feed doesn’t have any updates at all.