The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

These players coming in shouldn’t weaken us though, we need game time for them as well. 

Would be great to see Murphy back as McKenzie offers nothing played down the left.   I can only presume Murdoch and Walker were injured, though it doesn’t seem that Murdoch is still chasing match fitness.  

19 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Would be great to see Murphy back as McKenzie offers nothing played down the left.   I can only presume Murdoch and Walker were injured, though it doesn’t seem that Murdoch is still chasing match fitness.  

McKenzie was fine today. He offered just as much, if not more, than Henderson did on the right.

1 minute ago, munro7 said:

McKenzie was fine today. He offered just as much, if not more, than Henderson did on the right.

think that says more about Henderson then it does McKenzie

Henderson kept possession well today but was playing very narrow so whenever he got the ball he wasn’t in a position to put a cross in or take his man on in good areas. Watret was effective at overlapping but because he and Henderson were so deep, he also wasn’t often in a dangerous position to cross. I get that Brown is going to want players like Henderson and Hastie to supply crosses to Oakley but I think to get the best from them you’ll need to play them so they can cut inside on to their strongest foot. That kinda negates the point to having Oakley but we’ll see. 

Incredible that we managed to keep the ball and generally play well with only two players in midfield apparently turning up tbh. 

Neither Henderson or McKenzie were flashy today but both were good overall. 

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Who's this seasons duffer though? A la Bangala/Pendlebury etc. Or are we bucking the trend this season. Early money on Walker? 

Walker hasn't really had a chance to show what he's got (in front of a crowd) outside of at max 20 minute cameos off the bench he took his chances well against Falkirk just never saw anything else apart from that he's shown flashes and for a small guy he's built so won't get bullied off the ball easily

Edited by muZZa__44

16 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Dempsey going to be disappearing again for a couple of weeks since his groin seem to go again?

This season is starting the same way as last year's for him...

Groin ?  He came off with cramp 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Who's this seasons duffer though? A la Bangala/Pendlebury etc. Or are we bucking the trend this season. Early money on Walker? 

Fraser Bryden looks like this when he comes on so until he goes on loan (If anyone would even have him)!

474kzy.png

I hear Adeloye is till looking for a club… is he different enough to Dowds/oakley? I have no idea why our managers seem to turn to bryden, think McRobert’s would have added more to that game than him. We need a cdm too so either lawal or grimshaw please 

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I hear Adeloye is till looking for a club… is he different enough to Dowds/oakley? I have no idea why our managers seem to turn to bryden, think McRobert’s would have added more to that game than him. We need a cdm too so either lawal or grimshaw please 

Partick fans seem fairly certain he’s signing for them.  Would be great to see what he could do in a competent Ayr team…

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Partick fans seem fairly certain he’s signing for them.  Would be great to see what he could do in a competent Ayr team…

When he played for us everything hinged on him. He wouldn’t have that pressure now, we wouldn’t need him to do the defensive work he was accused of being lazy about previously.  It’s not going to happen as you say Patrick seem to think he is going there.

I can’t really  think of any players that would be an upgrade on Dowds and Oakley 

I like the look of Ayr this season. If you sign another striker and central midfield option I can see you challenging for the title with Partick and Raith. I can also see Hastie picking up form under Scott Brown.

Just now, ryanayr1987 said:

When he played for us everything hinged on him. He wouldn’t have that pressure now, we wouldn’t need him to do the defensive work he was accused of being lazy about previously.  It’s not going to happen as you say Patrick seem to think he is going there.

I can’t really  think of any players that would be an upgrade on Dowds and Oakley 

Anyone who can score a dozen goals in that Hopkin built team is alright with me.  Bullen dropped him in favour of Bryden.  As warning signs go….

It’s a hard pass on Adeloye. If we hadn’t signed Oakley then maybe but I think we need someone quicker who can stretch defences. Like Brad Young, but better. 

In saying that, Brad Young is flying so just go sign him.