The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, diege said:

Yeah, because you're the most up and down supporter I read on this forum. Negative to positive, high to low. You hide behind this username and for all I know, I've spoken to you. Think most will know who I am on the terrace, come say hi sometime so I can determine if yer a gid c**t or not

It's not up or down, its realistic. I took a lot of abuse on here for saying Bullen was shite and I was paying to watch eye bleeding football. 3 months of Brown and he wasn't great but we were better. not much to get excited about. 

This season, we look good and well organised, but there are obvious weaknesses that haven't cost us yet, Most of the time I post a match summary, it is giving my opinion of the good and the bad parts for balance. Under the last 3 managers there was mostly bad. 

1 minute ago, The Smell of VICTORY said:

Please no bickering amongst yourselves. We've just witnessed the game of the decade and some of you are squabbling like weans!

Can't you just enjoy the fantastic victory for f**k's sake?

I'm not squabbling about the team! The team is heading in the right direction on the park! And we're doing great off it.

Seats being obstructed by TV cameras and commentators is something that could be avoided.

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pure Da reply btw, incapable of objectivity. 

Rus is a player and has done really well for us this far but he e didn't score against Hamilton 🙃, hopefully he does on Saturday. 

The point being made is that he isn't involved for the vast majority of the match and then comes up with something cool down the left, he was exactly the same tonight.  We've all watched enough football to know this will eventually be worked out.  The point is around what we do then. 

It was meant as  joke, everyone to a man is praising Rus and you said he was overrated. its why I made the hipster reference. 

You and your pal are quite thin skinned tonight. 

4 minutes ago, diege said:

I'm not squabbling about the team! The team is heading in the right direction on the park! And we're doing great off it.

Seats being obstructed by TV cameras and commentators is something that could be avoided.

You misunderstand me, I know its late! The team were great but some fans are arguing over spilt bovril or other irrelevant things

Edited by The Smell of VICTORY
mis-pelling

Just now, The Smell of VICTORY said:

You misunderstand me, I know its late! The team were great but some fans are arguing over split bovril or other irrelevant things

Fair do's, but it was the first tv game, has to be highlighted.

I have the full coverage recorded gonna sit and watch it in full now before I pass out

Putting rivalry aside,  I though Ayr were outstanding all over the park, young Henderson to me the pick of the bunch ,  alright we were abysmal throughout,  5 nil flattered us if that was 10 we honestly couldn't have moaned...

Goood morning Ayrshire 🖤🤍 I'm watching my recorded game and it's great haha! I have to agree, while technically not the club's responsibility to provide top quality media facilities, to have built a multi million quid stand where the TV crews impeed the fans experience, is a massive cockup. It also makes us look amature AF! I said it months ago on here and got slated but we should build something in the old stand area, so the cameras point at the new stand, showing Somerset in the best light imo. Anyway, what a dominant, top quality win. 

747a2aa8769b95c9295d0eb48d4259dd.jpg

Still buzzing from last night, what a performance, I know Henderson got MOTM but Ben Dempsey was simply incredible last night summed up by two thundours challenges within seconds of each other in the second half, never lost a 50/50 all night, was always available to recived a pass and protected that back 4 marvellously, not sure if being captain, Scott Brown's influence or what but long may it continue that pivoting midfielder as Brown calls it absolutely vital to the style we play.

Edited by Superhursty7

I think it’s really unfair to suggest that Rus doesn’t do much outwith his ridiculous surging runs, where he always seems to understand exactly when to release the ball too. 

Like the entire team his work rate is tremendous, he contributes hugely to our high tempo and last night we had numerous lovely interplays going through the entire midfield. 

Rus didn’t exactly “turn it on” in the first half last night but he was still very much involved. He’s involved in the high press and linked up well with Murphy a few times. He’s just incredibly good at seeing where the gaps are and in the second half he exploited the fact that Dylan McDonald shifted position slightly and didn’t know he was supposed to be. All three second half goals came from him doing that. 

He is very good at doing something ridiculous and creating a goal but I do think he does a power of work outside of that. 

How did you all feel Murphy played last night? There was so much going on, I struggled to keep my eyes on him and watch. I did see a few great passes of play from him but that's all I caught. Anyone pay closer attention?

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

How did you all feel Murphy played last night? There was so much going on, I struggled to keep my eyes on him and watch. I did see a few great passes of play from him but that's all I caught. Anyone pay closer attention?

Felt he was unlucky not to have a goal but it’s hard to tell how tight the offside call was from the North Terrace. 

Anyone thinking that he’ll be slowing down this season would be wrong. He’s still got a lot to offer. 

Definitely the best performance I’ve seen, would say the 5-0 Dundee united game was a better result as it was away but performance wise you’ll do well to see better than that. So many shots and chances and as soon as we didn’t have the ball we were pressing so high and won it back so quick. Great start to the weekend and the league table is looking good.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Felt he was unlucky not to have a goal but it’s hard to tell how tight the offside call was from the North Terrace. 

Anyone thinking that he’ll be slowing down this season would be wrong. He’s still got a lot to offer. 

Ta. Glad to hear it. He's one of my favourite players and I'm happy he's back. Rus and him are going to be great together I reckon. Well, for the 60 mins Murphy can play at that intensity.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Thought he was excellent, ant the start of the game he was flying past his full back every time too.