The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Believe Guthrie missed the most of a season a few years ago with a bad injury so maybe that was factored into his deal. 

I do recall hearing about an injury but not sure if that was a factor into it 

22 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

So if the midfield, defence and tactics were exactly the same as it is just now would any one trade the front two of Dowds and Oakley for a front two of Adeloye and Dipo?

At some point Dowds is going to miss a penalty and I will f**king hate him for it, so possibly.

Akinyemi created goals for fun from nothing. It's just great having had him. I don't think playing them off is appropriate, especially considering the new signing.

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

McRoberts I don’t think needs a loan out as much as some others do, he’s still young enough to be playing for the under 18s reckon next year we will loan him out I would be looking more at Guthrie and Tomlinson being the making guys I would loan out 

You add so much to the discussion around younger players. I had it that if he’s not getting game time he could do with going on loan but if he’s still getting game time at under 18’s he’ll also benefit from being around the club/dressing room. I’d guess if he hasn’t made a breakthrough in a years time a loan might be more beneficial but just wanted to nod and wink you’re brilliant knowledge of our youngsters trying to break through.

Guthrie is going to a team in League 2 on loan. Don't want to say the name in case it's fell through 🤣

McGeady not in the team pic. Wouldn't mind if he was offski before the transfer window shuts. Also don't think I've ever seen a chairman in any other teams squad pic before 😆

Edited by Thereisalight..

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Guthrie is going to a team in League 2 on loan. Don't want to say the name in case it's fell through 🤣

McGeady not in the team pic. Wouldn't mind if he was offski before the transfer window shuts. Also don't think I've ever seen a chairman in any other teams squad pic before 😆

Was Bill Barr not in them?

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

McGeady not in the team pic. Wouldn't mind if he was offski before the transfer window shuts. Also don't think I've ever seen a chairman in any teams squad pic before 😆

Im not sure if I’m for or against McGeady being away. It’s not, or ever will be, measurable what he adds versus his wage. He’s obviously had a fantastic career and massively experienced and I’d hope Brown is ruthless enough to have him gone if he wasn’t adding sustainable value. 

6 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Im not sure if I’m for or against McGeady being away. It’s not, or ever will be, measurable what he adds versus his wage. He’s obviously had a fantastic career and massively experienced and I’d hope Brown is ruthless enough to have him gone if he wasn’t adding sustainable value. 

In the small bit of the interview on Open Goal I listened to he said Brown has told him he’s not in his plans. 

I'd be shocked if mcgeady was on much of a wage. He's a multi millionaire with 3 Aston martins .he's here for a step into coaching not money . Apparently he's great with the young players and they love learning from him .he's played at the highest level so his experience is important. 

3 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Pleasing to add depth to the squad but I struggle to see where Howley will play. Similar story with Devlin, although you can make changes more easily if you lose a few games, I guess. 

I imagine he’ll be the Rus replacement? We don’t really have anyone else to come in and play that role.