The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'd be shocked if mcgeady was on much of a wage. He's a multi millionaire with 3 Aston martins .he's here for a step into coaching not money . Apparently he's great with the young players and they love learning from him .he's played at the highest level so his experience is important. 

I thought it was the business and operations side he was taking more to do with, ala Mathie's role

I think the Howley signing is very smart by the club, both Dempsey and Rus have been fantastic but we can't expect them to play every game injuries and suspensions will happen at some point and with this high tempo game we play they are going to get fatigued, we now have Syla who can cover the defensive side Howley who seems like he can do the box to box stuff and Walker who can deputise for Rus, do we need Fred likely not (but I'd take him happily) give me a nimble wee poacher to compliment the first choice front two and I'd be as happy as Larry.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Guthrie is going to a team in League 2 on loan. Don't want to say the name in case it's fell through 🤣

McGeady not in the team pic. Wouldn't mind if he was offski before the transfer window shuts. Also don't think I've ever seen a chairman in any other teams squad pic before 😆

season 9 episode 13 GIF

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In the small bit of the interview on Open Goal I listened to he said Brown has told him he’s not in his plans. 

He also said he'd been doing one to one coaching. The one particular thing he mentioned was about working with Jake Hastie . Said he'd been doing sessions with him getting him to go by players with his right foot instead of just his left..

First thing Hastie done when he came on was cruise by someone on his right foot. 

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Think Smith took Whittaker's place in that team photo.

Yeah I’m a bit surprised at the absence of Whittaker, Tait and Timmins. Or am I imagining that the rest of the coaching staff usually had a spot on the team photo. 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I’m a bit surprised at the absence of Whittaker, Tait and Timmins. Or am I imagining that the rest of the coaching staff usually had a spot on the team photo. 

Whittaker maybe doing his Scotland role? 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There is a photo with team and all backroom staff , 

It feels a bit underwhelming to sign a player on loan, from an English Championship team, who’s not likely to come straight in to the team, that no one would have him replace any of the midfield at this current time. 

Obviously he’s been signed to be a like for like swap and it should mean that if Rus gets injured, he’ll cover, like Syla for Dempsey. 
It just feels at the moment, it would have to be a very big name or a very interesting name we’d have to sign for it to be exciting due to the level the squad is currently operating. 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It feels a bit underwhelming to sign a player on loan, from an English Championship team, who’s not likely to come straight in to the team, that no one would have him replace any of the midfield at this current time.

On the other hand it is beneficial to have a squad of players assembled so early in the season if we were to have an injury to Rus or Dempsey we already have that player to cover training everyday with us 

Edited by Finlay21

44 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Obviously he’s been signed to be a like for like swap and it should mean that if Rus gets injured, he’ll cover, like Syla for Dempsey. 
It just feels at the moment, it would have to be a very big name or a very interesting name we’d have to sign for it to be exciting due to the level the squad is currently operating. 

The days of winning a league with 11/12 players is long gone . It’s about the squad and being able to mitigate injuries and suspensions along the way . Your correct though our first 11 is just about set, maybe with the exception of Devlin coming in , it’s more pool players that will come in at this point . Of course if we’re in it at the January window perhaps the bar will get raised again for the run in !

48 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We have played 3 out of 4 games at home, with two strikers up front, which has worked, ..............so far.

When we play away against teams likely to top half, perhaps we might not be as adventurous. Rest Oakley / Dowds play 4-4-1-1 with Rus in the hole, and Howley slips in beside Dempsey.

As other have said,  squad game.

5 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

When we play away against teams likely to top half, perhaps we might not be as adventurous. Rest Oakley / Dowds play 4-4-1-1 with Rus in the hole, and Howley slips in beside Dempsey.

I also think we’ll finish a lot of games in that shape when we are in front . Walker looks like the guy to play in the hole in that instant . 

8 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

We have played 3 out of 4 games at home, with two strikers up front, which has worked, ..............so far.

As other have said,  squid game.

Searching Season 1 GIF by NETFLIX