The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Do you think he means until the end of the season or extending their contracts? 

I'd reckon they won't be going anywhere until the close season. £40k from next cup game maybe allows more wiggle room for the manager and won't be inclined to accept any nominal release compensation.

Won't be happening, accepting crap like £10,000 from Livingston for a player we brought through our academy and has been first team for seven seasons sends a very bad message.  

The only way we keep either player is by pushing the boat out in terms of wages and bringing a couple of signings this month that show we mean business.

Hopefully David Smith agrees with Kerr and gives him a bit more money.

Or they hang off until the end of the season and by some miracle we get promoted to the premiership.

So Moore and Geggan are both out for the rest of the season lets be honest.

That's 3 players now out for the season and a fourth forced to retire due to injury, bloody hell we really do have bad luck with injuries don't we.

Also have to feel for Moore, just got back in the team, signed a new contract and now he's out for another long spell, he doesn't get much luck.

Edited by rb123!

I'd be interested to know what someone signing Harvie would have to pay us (less 5% to Aberdeen).  He's played almost every game since coming and won a good number of u21 caps.  

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only way we keep either player is by pushing the boat out in terms of wages and bringing a couple of signings this month that show we mean business.

Hopefully David Smith agrees with Kerr and gives him a bit more money.

Informed tonight 2 new guys training with us , led to believe 1 is from a Scottish Premiership club , Reserve game at Cumnock tonight v Alloa , will see if any take part 

Edited by Robbo63

That's 3 players now out for the season and a fourth forced to retire due to injury, bloody hell we really do have bad luck with injuries don't we.

A result of a poor signing policy at the start of the season. With a limited budget we resigned too many players with high injury risk.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Andy Murdoch is not injury prone 

Correct !!!

But  I replied that only 3 come of no surprise 

Adams, Geggan and Moore , if I was indicating Murdoch I would have said 4 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Harry Paton is my guess.

Forgot about him, presume he'd be on loan until the end of the season, then McShane an 18 month deal alongside Houston signing an 18 month deal, if that happened i wouldn't be complaining and pleasantly surprised.

Still think we'd maybe need one more to cover Geggan now being out

Edited by rb123!

In regards to Forrest do we not have to offer him a contract to get any kind of development fee if he leaves at the end of his contract if we don't offer a contract we are not entitled to anything? Harvie might be different because he came from Aberdeen, got to be honest it makes a change at least making an effort to keep out best players instead of McCall's rhetoric of these boys can do better that Ayr.