The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Is it not more about helping support the team through his difficult period.

Some people won't be able to afford £230 during this time. People may have lost their jobs during this time and face financial troubles . To pay £230 for 5 less home games is a bit steep for me. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The prices won't go back down though sadly. 

Out of interest how does it compare to other teams in the league? How much are Dunfermline charging? Has anything been mentioned about how you’d watch the game if fans still aren’t allowed in?

I expected them to be around £200, £230 is pretty steep. Aren’t they normally £240?

The way he was going on about people donating money I was expecting them to be cheaper but with an option to “donate” money to bring it up to the usual price. Think that would have been better.

16 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Some people won't be able to afford £230 during this time. People may have lost their jobs during this time and face financial troubles . To pay £230 for 5 less home games is a bit steep for me. 

You save a minimum of £30 buying a season if we get 13 home games , I think we get the 14 which is then a saving of £50 on gate price , do you think because people have lost jobs we should decrease the price to get in ? As a club we still have salaries to pay to all employees 

51 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Matchday tickets up to £20 for next season, is that a two quid rise?

Yes , that is is catching up with all other clubs in the leagues minimum price , we have been the one of the cheapest clubs pay at the gate for around 2 seasons 

48 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

£230 for 13/14 home games is way to dear. Should've been no more than £200.

Why would you drop the price of entry by £3 from last season ? No other club in the land is dropping entry prices 

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I expected them to be around £200, £230 is pretty steep. Aren’t they normally £240?

The way he was going on about people donating money I was expecting them to be cheaper but with an option to “donate” money to bring it up to the usual price. Think that would have been better.

£260 last season 

We are £210 for a season ticket next season for adults. We havent announced a walk up price but it was £18 last season and the season ticket price has been held at 3/4 of last years price. Doesnt necessarily follow the walk up will follow suit of course.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

You save a minimum of £30 buying a season if we get 13 home games , I think we get the 14 which is then a saving of £50 on gate price , do you think because people have lost jobs we should decrease the price to get in ? As a club we still have salaries to pay to all employees 

People have been donating to the club since the lockdown and Lachlan has been paying employees since. I don't think it would've broke the club if it was less than £200 for a season ticket. 

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

People have been donating to the club since the lockdown and Lachlan has been paying employees since. I don't think it would've broke the club if it was less than £200 for a season ticket. 

People donating should not mean that we drop the price , if we did we would be asking people to donate all season to get the same income , why should we be £200 and be the second lowest priced ticket in league , top price is £295 Hearts and £255 Dundee , only club below £200 is Alloa with QOS second cheapest at £210, all other clubs between £220 and £250 , we could go lower on price and drop the player budget around £30,000 which would not be a good situation to be in 

Edited by Robbo63

I’ve got no issue at all with pricing, giving circumstances there was always going to be increase. I do hope however that there is some information when the season tickets are officially released  about how streaming is going to work if we still aren’t able to get into Somerset Park for the league kicking off. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve got no issue at all with pricing, giving circumstances there was always going to be increase. I do hope however that there is some information when the season tickets are officially released  about how streaming is going to work if we still aren’t able to get into Somerset Park for the league kicking off. 

Getting in can’t be guaranteed by anyone , the situation changes everyday , when you go into order your season ticket , I believe there is a statement that says if fans are unable to enter grounds that live streaming of the game will be available ( does not go into the detail how you go about getting the stream yet ) but at least it is letting you know the current situation , if people follow the government guidelines now with face masks, social distancing etc hopefully fans will get in from game 1 

If we want to play with the big boys, in the big boy league, we need to pay for it.

Some will, some won’t.

For those that can, and more than can, why don’t we set up a separate support fund for those that are struggling.

Maybe a ‘pay it forward’ type of thing where someone buys a season ticket, and then buys / sponsors a match day ticket for someone less fortunate.

I don't buy a season ticket (I got a half season the year we won the league and that was my first since the early 2000s, usually prefer to just PATG or more recently on my phone. 

Obviously I'd rather keep my £2 but I don't have an issue with it increasing like that, nice round figure. 

I'm going to consider buying a season ticket but I don't really like having to shell it out in a oner tbh.