The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

People donating should not mean that we drop the price , if we did we would be asking people to donate all season to get the same income , why should we be £200 and be the second lowest priced ticket in league , top price is £295 Hearts and £255 Dundee , only club below £200 is Alloa with QOS second cheapest at £210, all other clubs between £220 and £250 , we could go lower on price and drop the player budget around £30,000 which would not be a good situation to be in 

I'm suprised that the player budget would take that much of a hit. No matter what the ticket prices are they will be less sold. I think people will be waiting after the league cup to see if it's worth it. 

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm suprised that the player budget would take that much of a hit. No matter what the ticket prices are they will be less sold. I think people will be waiting after the league cup to see if it's worth it. 

Over 1000 tickets sold last year , can’t see it being less this year , if crowds are limited season ticket holders will be entitled to entry first , I know a number of people who don’t buy but are going to this season to hopefully be guaranteed to get in if limited crowds allowed , if crowds stay around last seasons then that is £30,000 less then there is the drop of around £90,000 in hospitality , we need to price tickets at advertised price to give the manager a chance with a decent budget 

Edited by Robbo63

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Quick Poll:

Where do you stand / sit at Somerset?
1. Stand
2. North Terracing
3. Somerset Road End
4. Enclosure

North Terracing (Somerset road if inclement weather).

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Leon Murphy has left the club and signed for Glenafton.

Hopefully the club give us some sort of update on what youngsters are still there. Only ones I know that are signed up are Ecrepont, Hewitt & McKenzie 

41 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If we want to play with the big boys, in the big boy league, we need to pay for it.

Some will, some won’t.

For those that can, and more than can, why don’t we set up a separate support fund for those that are struggling.

Maybe a ‘pay it forward’ type of thing where someone buys a season ticket, and then buys / sponsors a match day ticket for someone less fortunate.

Get the young ones involved for the future , I plan to buy Panda Pals tickets and donate to less fortunate children at £15 each try to get fans for the years to come 

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Quick Poll:

Where do you stand / sit at Somerset?
1. Stand
2. North Terracing
3. Somerset Road End
4. Enclosure

My first game was from the North Terracing and oddly enough I've never been back there! Spent about 10 years in the SRE and I’ve been in the stand about 10 years now 

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Some people won't be able to afford £230 during this time. People may have lost their jobs during this time and face financial troubles . To pay £230 for 5 less home games is a bit steep for me. 

Me 😢 

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Is it not more about helping support the team through his difficult period.

Nobody begrudges helping our team out, but it sticks abit when Matchday ticket prices have increased, yet our chairman went into his own pocket a few weeks ago to help the “3”. Yes it’s his own money and he can do as he pleases with it but keeping ticket prices to the same price they were last season, even just for the remainder of 2020 would have garnered more goodwill from me

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Over 1000 tickets sold last year , can’t see it being less this year , if crowds are limited season ticket holders will be entitled to entry first , I know a number of people who don’t buy but are going to this season to hopefully be guaranteed to get in if limited crowds allowed , if crowds stay around last seasons then that is £30,000 less then there is the drop of around £90,000 in hospitality , we need to price tickets at advertised price to give the manager a chance with a decent budget 

No complaints from me, we were paying £20 for most away grounds and some of our early home performances last year were as good / exciting as I've ever seen in all my years watching Ayr, so if we want to compete seriously then we should really be charging the same as our peers.

Having said that, I have total sympathy for anyone struggling, so maybe even an unemployed reduction could be introduced to match the student / OAP prices ?

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Flicked on to the Rangers game earlier v Coventry. Michael Rose wasn’t playing or on the bench, is he injured or away?

also reading the Ayrshire Post this afternoon and can finally put half a face to a name - Robbo 😂

He’s had or is getting an operation for some sort of niggling injury he’s been suffering from. Think I read he is due back in September. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Out of interest how does it compare to other teams in the league? How much are Dunfermline charging? Has anything been mentioned about how you’d watch the game if fans still aren’t allowed in?

Season_Ticket_web_pic_updated_Version_5_0194.thumb.jpg.00a01cac3151580a0ecc59ba75d73a93.jpg

Walk in prices vary on stand. 

Main stand = Adults - £22 Concession - £16 U12-£8

All other stands (including away) Adults - £20 Concession - £14 U12- £6

Our prices went up last season I'm sure by the extra 2 pound so put it upto 20 quid for the Norrie and NW and I know a few that went from going every week, to selecting there games more specifically, over a month, over a season, it adds up oh so quickly. 

28 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Flicked on to the Rangers game earlier v Coventry. Michael Rose wasn’t playing or on the bench, is he injured or away?

also reading the Ayrshire Post this afternoon and can finally put half a face to a name - Robbo 😂

Only if that’s me in the picture 🤔

£230 does feel steep to me. I'll swallow it as I did by not claiming my refund but covid-19 is not an excuse for raising prices 13% or 22% (dependent of how many home games).

As someone else said based on last season at £260 pro-rata it should be £202 assuming we lose four home games. If we lose five its actually only £188. 

If you actually pro-rata the £230 for a regular season it's either £295 (pro-rata of 14 home games) or £318 (pro-rata 13 home games). That's pretty steep in my view. 

I didn't see anything suggesting this is a one off rise (for covid-19) that would be adjusted down next season.

I'll renew but not happy. This is a misjudgement in my view - either its a one off to help the club survive with prices going back to normal next season or there should be more value (ie. Discount in the shop, supporters club membership or entry to 3 cup games or the like).

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Kerr sticks to bringing in 5 players then one or two of them will probably be able to play in a couple of positions. Bringing in a midfielder that can play centre half is maybe a possibility.

Yeah, we definitely need players with flexibility with the small squad. I could probably live with what you suggest.

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

£230 does feel steep to me. I'll swallow it as I did by not claiming my refund but covid-19 is not an excuse for raising prices 13% or 22% (dependent of how many home games).

As someone else said based on last season at £260 pro-rata it should be £202 assuming we lose four home games. If we lose five its actually only £188. 

If you actually pro-rata the £230 for a regular season it's either £295 (pro-rata of 14 home games) or £318 (pro-rata 13 home games). That's pretty steep in my view. 

I didn't see anything suggesting this is a one off rise (for covid-19) that would be adjusted down next season.

I'll renew but not happy. This is a misjudgement in my view - either its a one off to help the club survive with prices going back to normal next season or there should be more value (ie. Discount in the shop, supporters club membership or entry to 3 cup games or the like).

The price of season this year is still a reduced price on gate price of last season , last season was £18 at the gate , this year pay at gate £20 , with season if 13 games £17.60 and if 14 games it’s £16.40 so still good value buying a season , if it was a normal season gate price would still have been going up to £20 ( to match 90% of our peers prices) so a season would be around £300 saving around £60 which is 20% less than paying at the gate , gate prices are up 11% to get us line again with the majority of the league we are in , in all your calculations you are only basing on last years priced , you need to take into account pay at the gate rise 

Edited by Robbo63

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The price of season this year is still a reduced price on gate price of last season , last season was £18 at the gate , this year pay at gate £20 , with season if 13 games £17.60 and if 14 games it’s £16.40 so still good value buying a season 

I'm not sure it is. Miss 2 games and you gain no value. I actually might go pay at the gate (I know that's not what it's called now). I usually miss 2/3 games due to other commitments.

If that happens this season its madness for me to buy a season ticket thinking about it. Obviously, I prefer the club to have the money early but not if I'm not gaining anything out of it either. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure it is. Miss 2 games and you gain no value. I actually might go pay at the gate (I know that's not what it's called now). I usually miss 2/3 games due to other commitments.

If that happens this season its madness for me to buy a season ticket thinking about it. Obviously, I prefer the club to have the money early but not if I'm not gaining anything out of it either. 

You can’t say if you miss games it not value !!!!!, you buy a season on the presumption of attending them all , if you know you are not going to attend all games it’s obviously cheaper to buy a ticket individually for games , that scenario has always been the case , a season typically gets you a game or 2 free

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

You can’t say if you miss games it not value !!!!!, you buy a season on the presumption of attending them all , if you know you are not going to attend all games it’s obviously cheaper to buy a ticket individually for games 

Sorry, but these are exactly the decisions people make. If I miss 2/3 (as I normally do) I still gain value. Let's take last season:

260/18 = £14.44 but I could only attend 15 my effective cost per game is £17.33 which is still cheaper than £18 pay on the day.

This season, with the combination of the truncated season if I miss 3 games it doesnt give me value. £230/11 = £20.90 per game which is more than pay on the day. If we only had 13 home games its even worse!

In my circumstances, why should I renew? For you to tell me its more value is a total nonsense.