The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In my circumstances, why should I renew? For you to tell me its more value is a total nonsense.

Think you are trying to change what I said , I said a season ticket is for all games , which is value for money , I stated if you missed any games it’s better to buy tickets individually, so what I said is not nonsense , look at the comment you have included in your reply above and inform me where I said it’s value if you don’t attend all games , you can’t work out a price per game if not attending the 13/14 games on the season 

Edited by Robbo63

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Think you are trying to change what I said , I said a season ticket is for all games , which is value for money , I stated if you missed any games it’s better to buy tickets individually, do what I said is not nonsense 

I think you missed the point though, people can't guarantee they make it to every game and getting a season ticket for a lot of holders is a judgement call as I just made. In my circumstances it would be daft too this season. The calculation may go back into normality where I think I can miss 4 games before it becomes bad value. With the truncated season that buffer isn't there.

Also, the pricing is predicated on us only losing 4 games. If we lose 5 games the delta between pay on the day and a season ticket starts to become marginal (its something like £2.30 per game). As opposed to £3.55 per game last season. Whichever way you look at a season ticket is less value to last season even relative to pay at the gate.

Edited by Trogdor

The only way I will buy one is if there is some sort of early bird discount. Otherwise if you're like me and miss 2 or 3 games normally it doesnt stack up. Its embarrassingly bad value if its a 13 game season ticket.

I really dont understand the logic here. That announcement as well, it should be clearer if its a one off to counter covid19 or the new going rate. If its the new going rate then I think there is a bit of rampant opportunism going on. Especially when the majority of season ticket holders took a hit in excess of £50 by not claiming a refund and are rewarded with a 13% or 22% increase dependent on the number of games. Great strategy there. 

frustrated bang head on desk GIF

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think you missed the point though, people can't guarantee they make it to every game and getting a season ticket for a lot of holders is a judgement call as I just made. In my circumstances it would be daft too this season. The calculation may go back into normality where I think I can miss 4 games before it becomes bad value. With the truncated season that buffer isn't there.

Also, the pricing is predicated on us only losing 4 games. If we lose 5 games the delta between pay on the day and a season ticket starts to become marginal (its something like £2.30 per game). As opposed to £3.55 per game last season. Whichever way you look at a season ticket is less value to last season.

We should have the 14 games , I understand it’s based on league positions last year if so you save £3.58 per game ( better than last season ) its only if we get the 13 games then it’s not as good as last season as it works out at £2.60, let’s wait to see if it’s 13 or 14 , hopefully for my argument it’s 14 so it’s better value than last year 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The only way I will buy one is if there is some sort of early bird discount. Otherwise if you're like me and miss 2 or 3 games normally it doesnt stack up. Its embarrassingly bad value if its a 13 game season ticket.

I really dont understand the logic here. That announcement as well, it should be clearer if its a one off to counter covid19 or the new going rate. If its the new going rate then I think there is a bit of rampant opportunism going on. Especially when the majority of season ticket holders took a hit in excess of £50 by not claiming a refund and are rewarded with a 13% or 22% increase dependent on the number of games. Great strategy there. 

frustrated bang head on desk GIF

Individual ticket  will not drop down lower than £20 I would presume 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

We should have the 14 games , I understand it’s based on league positions last year if so you save £3.58 per game ( better than last season ) its only if we get the 13 games then it’s not as good as last season as it works out at £2.60, let’s wait to see if it’s 13 or 14 , hopefully for my argument it’s 14 so it’s better value than last year 

In your best case scenario, you are rewarding individuals who gave up in excess of £50 for the benefit of the club last season a 13% price increase.

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Gate prices will not drop down lower than £20 

Opportunism it is then. 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In your best case scenario, you are rewarding individuals who gave up in excess of £50 for the benefit of the club last season a 13% price increase.

Opportunism it is then. 

No one had to give up the £50 ( they done it for the benefit of the club ) and I do not believe any of them would have had a different opinion if they knew price of a season was going to be a 2% rise more than the fans buying a ticket on the day( but potentially paying 3p per game less than last year ) , I will always buy a season ticket as it’s cheaper as I attend all games and saves me going on line or into shop every home game to get a ticket , but I have no issues with anyone who does not buy a season 

Edited by Robbo63

@Trogdor while you are Burninating all the peoples.  

Is the "value" not mostly just tangible to how the team get on, e.g. what I really mean is, if we go up and a game is worth £2 more than the season before was (bringing us in line with our competitors) it becomes a good move as it has strengthened our hand.  

And if we are boaby no increase of any kind will be ok. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Otherwise if you're like me and miss 2 or 3 games normally it doesnt stack up.

I agree it’s steep but what you’re saying there is barely any different to most seasons.

Last season if you missed 4+ games you were better paying as you went. This season you need to miss 3+ (assuming we get 14 home games from being in the top 5 finishers from last year, although I know nothing’s been confirmed on that).

@itzdrk

I do like a good burninating. If you said to me pay £2 more per game and we will get promoted of course I would but that's not whats on offer. I wish it was as simple as that!

Value is an interesting principle which for me is entirely financial. If the club said the increase would allow us to sign more players or go for the playoffs I would probably accept it. However, I'd be the first on here moaning if we didn't achieve it. I could also accept it as one-off to combat covid-19 but its obviously not.

Like all these things how its sold to the supporters is important. My take from Lachlan's statement - thanks for not claiming a refund but we're shafting you anyway. Which is a real shame as I've not had much cause to take issue with how the club has been handling things and communicating this calendar year. I knew it wouldn't last. 🤣

21 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

( but potentially paying 3p per game less than last year ) 

You'll need to show your working with that one. How is anyone paying 3p less per game with price increases? Are referring to the delta per game between a season ticket and pay at the gate?

20 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I agree it’s steep but what you’re saying there is barely any different to most seasons.

Its the double whammy of the truncated season and the price increase. Miss 3 games last season and your effective cost per game is less than pay on the day. That doesn't hold this season and that's right on the edge for me in terms of the number of games I usually miss.

I'm maybe just in a bad mood, I may have cooled down in the morning. 

Its also means pay on day prices are up 25% since we won League One. In 2017/18 adult price prices were £16. Thats in 3 years its gone up that, has anyones salary? Is it going to be £25 to get in in 2023/24?

Edited by Trogdor

I think the big picture here is the growing concern over a 2nd wave in Spain.  If that comes here after we’ve committed to restarting the season and we go back to a lockdown the consequences for our game could be disastrous.  We can split hairs over the relative value of the season ticket against last season, but If individuals are able to  commit to buying a season ticket and get the money to the club up front  It has to be a positive thing.   

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

if it was a normal season gate price would still have been going up to £20 ( to match 90% of our peers prices) 

Sorry, I do actually agree with most of your points in this discussion, but I feel the need to pull you up for this. Who are your 'peers'? I assume you are referring to Championship clubs? We were £18 last year. Alloa and Arbroath were £18 last year. Raith were £16 in a division below. I expect they will go up but £4 a game seems unlikely. 

Any of those clubs, including us, might yet also go up to £20. Have any announced walk up pricing yet? I think £20 is a long way from being something charged by 90% of your peers though. About 5 out 9 charged that, or more.

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You'll need to show your working with that one. How is anyone paying 3p less per game with price increases? Are referring to the delta per game between a season ticket and pay at the gate?

I was going on the scenario that last season a fan saved £3.55 per game on ticket price , this year if 14 games they save £3.58 per game on ticket price the difference is 3p less per game , it’s obvious everyone is paying more this season , I have always based my points on a season ticket versus buying a ticket individually and attending all games , I clearly stated that if not going to all games this season buying a ticket individually was the way to go , just that a lot of fans like to give money up front to the club to help with budget  

Edited by Robbo63

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sorry, I do actually agree with most of your points in this discussion, but I feel the need to pull you up for this. Who are your 'peers'? I assume you are referring to Championship clubs? We were £18 last year. Alloa and Arbroath were £18 last year. Raith were £16 in a division below. I expect they will go up but £4 a game seems unlikely. 

Any of those clubs, including us, might yet also go up to £20. Have any announced walk up pricing yet? I think £20 is a long way from being something charged by 90% of your peers though. About 5 out 9 charged that, or more.

I am going on my gut feeling that other 3 clubs currently under £20 will look at pricing for this season and potentially go up in price , not guaranteed though  , 

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I am going on my gut feeling that other 3 clubs currently under £20 will look at pricing for this season and potentially go up in price , not guaranteed though  , 

I would pay £20 for an away game and not a pound more. £20 should be the limit for a scottish championship game.

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I would pay £20 for an away game and not a pound more. £20 should be the limit for a scottish championship game.

Totally agree , but unfortunately some clubs are going to charge us more , 

How can we sustain full time football charging the same as part time clubs (Arbroath / Alloa)?

We are talking about trying to get promoted to the top league, but nobody wants to pay for it?

Of course, it stinks to high heaven if you can’t afford it, but if we want the club to be competitive, get better players in, we need to pay them, and we need to pay more to get in.

At the end of the day it’s simple economics.

I wish it wasn’t like that, but it is.

It would be great if we could have a low-income / unemployed ticket system - haven’t a clue how it would work though

At the end of the day it’s pretty simple.....

If you don’t want to pay the price, don’t buy a season ticket.

But.... don’t start moaning about the quality on the park or lack of signings.

Season tickets are vital for the club.

Jesus I came on here to find out of their were any chat about signings..... 

And all I find is pish arguing about ticket prices.... 

SIMPLE... I would rather pay a few extra quid and see my team stay up and compete in a tough league...  Than have few extra quid in my pocket and be miserable and crabbit every Saturday night because we get beat week in week out.... And end up in shitty pub league that is League One... 

Team and town the size of Ayr should be Championship... Minimum...

We are a club going forward... Not back... We have plans for new shop and social club and we have had a good few seasons on the pitch... Let's keep it going...