The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Worth making the point we moved from part time to full time football 3 seasons ago which surely explains price rises.  Hard reality is that if we want to be a competitive championship club with realistic ambitions of promotion then we need to pay the going rate.  I’d rather that than being a part time yo yo club.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Okay, to clarify:

Is the playing budget increasing? I thought the stadium work was being covered by David Smith? As mentioned, covid-19 leads to a financial hit this season but not thereafter. As such, the increase helps to alleviate covid-19 short term what is it for long term? As this is a permanent rise it must be going somewhere. Surely you get that? 

What makes you think the COVID hit is only for this season?  We could be running with socially distant crowds for a good while which might be manageable for league games, but limited capacities for cup games could sting a bit, especially if we draw Kilmarnock or the Old Firm.

44 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Thats not even remotely true.

Since July 2017 to July 2020 inflation has not been anywhere near 25%. Also, from July 2019 to July 2020 it has not been 11%.

Not how inflation works buddy but I’m not here to lecture you on economics! 

Its nice to see you twisting my point. [emoji1]
In 2017/18 it was £16 to get in; in 2020/21 is £20 to get in. A 25% rise in 3 years. That's a fact whether its minimal or not is entirely subjective.
If its for covid-19 it would be a one-off rise and revert back. In the short term its for covid-19 but whats it for thereafter?

In season 2017 we were paying £16 for league one. We subsequently have gone full time and are competing at the top end of the championship. So you are not comparing like with like.

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

In season 2017 we were paying £16 for league one. We subsequently have gone full time and are competing at the top end of the championship. So you are not comparing like with like.

We were full time in season 2017/18 in League One paying £16 at the gate as it was. The only player who wasn't full time was big Adams. Remember that's why Fleming left because he didn't want to go full time.

Edited by Trogdor

45 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Not how inflation works buddy but I’m not here to lecture you on economics! 

I think you missed my point. You suggested our price rises were slightly above inflation which is untrue. As an example; using CPI:

£16 in 2017 would be the equivalent of £17 in 2019. As CPI has averaged roughly 3% per annum.

So our price increase is significantly higher than inflation not slightly more as you stated.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Good to see you will still be attending , it’s been a good discussion, good to see other peoples views , that’s why I kept it going , think we have our conclusion now 👍

Yeah, it was never a question of me not attending. It was always whether I would renew my season ticket or pay on the day.

35 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think you missed my point. You suggested our price rises were slightly above inflation which is untrue. As an example; using CPI:

£16 in 2017 would be the equivalent of £17 in 2019. As CPI has averaged roughly 3% per annum.

So our price increase is significantly higher than inflation not slightly more as you stated.

I was looking at over the last 5-10 years there’s quite a few years that prices didn’t fluctuate, but if you spread the increases over that you’ll find that the increase is in line with inflation! 

Basically for the last few years we have been underpaying to go to games! 

6 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

I’ve said for ages, if you’re paying £18 to get in, you might as well pay the £20. I think that’s reasonable. I certainly wouldn’t be happy paying more than that though.

Why not? If you're paying £20 to get in, you might as well pay £21, or £22. Isn't that the same argument you've just used?

Fact is everyone eventually has their sticking point at which they either aren't prepared to pay for the standard of entertainment they perceive they are getting, or they simply can't afford to regardless of what they think. That point will be different for everyone of course. I fail to see why it's "reasonable" that point be at £20.01 but not reasonable that it be at £18.01?

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Why not? If you're paying £20 to get in, you might as well pay £21, or £22. Isn't that the same argument you've just used?

Fact is everyone eventually has their sticking point at which they either aren't prepared to pay for the standard of entertainment they perceive they are getting, or they simply can't afford to regardless of what they think. That point will be different for everyone of course. I fail to see why it's "reasonable" that point be at £20.01 but not reasonable that it be at £18.01?

I'd suggest the club should have done it last year when they made it all ticket, prior to that when it was a cash gate the club was still getting the £20 out the majority anyway using their change to pay for half time draw etc 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'd suggest the club should have done it last year when they made it all ticket, prior to that when it was a cash gate the club was still getting the £20 out the majority anyway using their change to pay for half time draw etc 

Yeah, I'm being slightly facetious. I know his point presumably is it's a £20 note and that's that. if it was £18 the change is pschologically not very much and probably put in a charity tin or a half time draw ticket or something. That's not the case with a £22 price but the point stands in principle, more so these days that more and more people use plastic and not cash anyway.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, I'm being slightly facetious. I know his point presumably is it's a £20 note and that's that. if it was £18 the change is pschologically not very much and probably put in a charity tin or a half time draw ticket or something. That's not the case with a £22 price but the point stands in principle, more so these days that more and more people use plastic and not cash anyway.

Aye, I remember no being happy when we went above £15 etc. 

I'm glad we are past using money largely now. 

Just following the discussion here and I think the important thing is that we're not overcharging at 20 quid but merely matching the majority of our peers.

We obviously have aspirations to compete at the top of this division so as such I would expect us to charge accordingly with the same sort of pricing as everyone else with similar aspirations.

35 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Or as at Ayr ticket only 

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Just following the discussion here and I think the important thing is that we're not overcharging at 20 quid but merely matching the majority of our peers.

We obviously have aspirations to compete at the top of this division so as such I would expect us to charge accordingly with the same sort of pricing as everyone else with similar aspirations.

Good sensible post 👍

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Only for physically entering the ground. Unless I've missed some change you can still buy a ticket on the match day at Ayr as you can at Palmerston. I'm assuming you can still do so with cash?

Yes you can , but the majority buy on line and get a QR code sent to their phone to save queuing