The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If he has a career like Dobbies and apart from a fleeting EPL appearance skirts around the lower tiers of English football. There is a possibility he could return in his mid 30’s
I think that was McCalls view

There's every chance he might come back at some point, but the cynic in me would say it would be because it was the best offer available to him at the time rather than due to a sense of longing / unfinished business for a club that he had spent 18 months at a number of years previously like McCall seened to be wording it.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

There's every chance he might come back at some point, but the cynic in me would say it would be because it was the best offer available to him at the time rather than due to a sense of longing / unfinished business for a club that he had spent 18 months at a number of years previously like McCall seened to be wording it.  

Aye. I don’t think Shankland feels he owes us anything.

Devlin in the other hand I’m fairly certain will be back at some point, possibly sooner rather than later.  Like Calum said his fiancée is from Ayr and he clearly loved playing here and still holds us in high regard. His dad also hinted on the SRE page when he left that he would be back. Devlin May even have suggested similar on twitter. 

Call me a fantasist but I think Shankland will be back at some point. Depends where the club is at when he’s coming to the end of his career but I can still see him giving us another 2 seasons at some point not because he feels like he owes us but because he seemed to genuinely love playing for us.

Devlin will absolutely be back at some point. Livingston fans seem unconvinced he’s up to it at that level so it might be sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Doubt Sturgeon will approve tbh and it has been confirmed she will make final decision on it tomorrow. 

Is a test event at Murrayfield on Friday night with 700 fans, she may see that as sufficient for one weekend. 

As predicted Scottish Government has refused proposal for fan test event in Scottish Football this weekend, rugby will go ahead. 

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Zanatta on one wing, Walsh on the other and Moffat playing as a false 9?

I think according to Tom Walsh in his interview he expects Kerr to play him centrally tucked behind the centre forward . 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Funny that folk think Kerr would drop McCowan to fit him into our team.

I hope McCowan plays all of this season as he started last season. He was a joy to watch at times. He can be far too hard on himself though and wears his heart on his sleeve. You can see his head drop when it goes against him. Hopefully he's learnt to channel that emotion, he has all the ingredients to be a great player. 

I hope McCowan plays all of this season as he started last season. He was a joy to watch at times. He can be far too hard on himself though and wears his heart on his sleeve. You can see his head drop when it goes against him. Hopefully he's learnt to channel that emotion, he has all the ingredients to be a great player. 
Yeah, first season was a learning curve so expect him to have learnt from it and produce over a full season. No more silly sending offs or heads gone moments, hopefully the competition for his place will keep him in check. Probably best to get him tied down for another season the now just in case

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tomorrow probably. Or Friday. There’s always next week.

The impending centre forward signing looks like being critical to our planned formation . Hopefully Mark won’t fudge it with a signing gamble ... 

57 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah, first season was a learning curve so expect him to have learnt from it and produce over a full season. No more silly sending offs or heads gone moments, hopefully the competition for his place will keep him in check. Probably best to get him tied down for another season the now just in case

Yeah, we should get him signed up asap. One thing he could work on is his right foot, he is very one footed.