The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Am I the only one that’s not really fussed about us not actually signing anyone?

If we had a full squad ready to go with 4 or 5 weeks before the first game we’d be sitting around twiddling our thumbs. At least this keeps it interesting.

It’s more the fact that it was in the paper over 10 days ago that we’d have a couple of signings that week that is a bit concerning. If it is loan deals then that maybe explains a delay.

However I’m simply not buying the argument that the reason for the delay is due to us not training last week and training elsewhere this week. There was absoulotely nothing stopping Kerr going into the club last week. 

It’s more the fact that it was in the paper over 10 days ago that we’d have a couple of signings that week that is a bit concerning. If it is loan deals then that maybe explains a delay.
However I’m simply not buying the argument that the reason for the delay is due to us not training last week and training elsewhere this week. There was absoulotely nothing stopping Kerr going into the club last week. 

Cameron was literally in the paper as saying there’s work going on at Somerset with the managers office being one of the areas of focus. It’s possible no one has access the stadium right now.

It’s also entirely possible that it will take a bit longer for everything to be in order with a players based down South. Especially loans.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cameron was literally in the paper as saying there’s work going on at Somerset with the managers office being one of the areas of focus. It’s possible no one has access the stadium right now.

It’s also entirely possible that it will take a bit longer for everything to be in order with a players based down South. Especially loans.

Well surely you can see that this is an issue? Let’s just say your a player in demand who has verbally agreed to sign but MK says we’ll need to wait till next week to get you signed till we can get back into club. In that week he could change his mind and go elsewhere. That just seems extremely amateurish to me. I don’t think this will be the case though and reckon it probably is delays with loans or players coming up from down south l. 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Well surely you can see that this is an issue? Let’s just say your a player in demand who has verbally agreed to sign but MK says we’ll need to wait till next week to get you signed till we can get back into club. In that week he could change his mind and go elsewhere. That just seems extremely amateurish to me. I don’t think this will be the case though and reckon it probably is delays with loans or players coming up from down south l. 

My god , people making mountains out of molehills , nobody is announced  until that contract is signed ,I would think unless you are a snake majority of players would keep to the verbal agreement, players are not announced by club until contract is inked , I am 100% certain the 2 players who have agreed verbally will sign the contracts when they appear in Scotland 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

My god , people making mountains out of molehills , nobody is announced  until that contract is signed ,I would think unless you are a snake majority of players would keep to the verbal agreement, players are not announced by club until contract is inked , I am 100% certain the 2 players who have agreed verbally will sign the contracts when they appear in Scotland 

Ahhh, so confirmation that they are from down south or at very least not Scottish based. Cheers Robbo 😉

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Am I the only one that’s not really fussed about us not actually signing anyone?

If we had a full squad ready to go with 4 or 5 weeks before the first game we’d be sitting around twiddling our thumbs. At least this keeps it interesting.

No, I totally agree. 

Anyone would think the first game of the season was tomorrow the way some are going on here and for the life of me I can't comprehend what the urgent panic is all about ???

55 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Ah Lawrence Shankland, he nearly regretted that. 

57 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Must be Lionel Messi amirite? 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:
Must be Lionel Messi amirite? 

Flying in on the Ryanair flight from Barcelona to Prestwick on Monday I'm led to believe

There’s a flight arriving from Barcelona at 18:40 tomorrow, what’s with the hold up?

29 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Heard he’s bringing Suarez and Rakatic with him

Robbo said two, which two of the three, would personally prefer Vidal for our shape.