The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

55 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Drinnan is named in this seasons Ipswich squad on there web site the other two .

... aren't? You stopped a bit abruptly there.

I'd be surprised if Drinnan was coming back given hes started in both of Ipswich's friendlies so far.

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

... aren't? You stopped a bit abruptly there.

I'd be surprised if Drinnan was coming back given hes started in both of Ipswich's friendlies so far.

Not in the 18 man squad in today’s friendly 

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I've been hearing that McGavin, Ndaba and Drinan all turned up for the squad photos but wearnt included in them and were asked to play with the u23s from manager, Paul Lambert.

In today’s friendly McGavin on from start , Ndaba was on bench and Drinan not included in the 18 man squad ( can’t see if he is injured ) 

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I've been hearing that McGavin, Ndaba and Drinan all turned up for the squad photos but wearnt included in them and were asked to play with the u23s from manager, Paul Lambert.

Looks like some Ipswich fans not happy about exclusion 

6707B8E5-A67F-4C17-8D2D-3F35F39CD18C.png

Feel sorry for Shankland having to withdraw from the Scotland squad for next weekend. Had a difficult start to the premiership only featuring once.

Looks like his glass ankle has reared its ugly head again. Pretty sure that was the injury he picked up in the championship season for us where he was supposed to be out for a week and ended up missing most of January, February and March if I recall right which fucked up the second half of the season

52 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bring in the Ndaba and Drinan.

How many loans are you allowed from England?, for arguments sake we got Ndaba, Drinan and the GK from Southampton on loan that would be 3

I don’t think there’s any limit when it’s an “abroad” loan.

I might be talking a power of shite here but I think I’ve read on here before that when it’s two different FAs it technically isn’t a loan as such but more an actual transfer with an agreement that the player will then be transferred back on a set date, so no limits apply.

Someone like Skyline Drifter will know.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

McGavin was on trial and Kerr didn’t take him so I doubt he’s a target. Drinan looks unlikely right now.

Ndaba is the one

On McGavin , young players can improve very quickly !

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I don’t think there’s any limit when it’s an “abroad” loan.

I might be talking a power of shite here but I think I’ve read on here before that when it’s two different FAs it technically isn’t a loan as such but more an actual transfer with an agreement that the player will then be transferred back on a set date, so no limits apply.

This ^^^ is correct.

Anyone know anything about the further developments of Somerset?

Upgrade of Catering Facilities is what I can remember being mentioned

Getting rid of the catering vans and building a facility at the top segregation fence on the north terrance similar to what Dunfermline, Morton & Stenny have makes sense. One building spread over both home & away areas with seperate serving areas?

Exciting times, place hasnt changed much since we got the green houses in

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See that mob up the road have sold their stadium naming rights and it's now called the BBSP stadium emoji23.png.

They better never change the name of Somerset to something like Bitcoin SV stadium.

As far as I'm concerned they can call it what they want if someone wants to give us some money for it.   The overwhelming majority of home and away fans will still call it Somerset.  

As far as I'm concerned they can call it what they want if someone wants to give us some money for it.   The overwhelming majority of home and away fans will still call it Somerset.  
This. It's a no-brainer for clubs our size to take the money and run in this situation. I haven't a clue what Alloa's ground is called; it's Recreation Park to me. Similarly if Palmerston was changed officially, it would always be Palmerston Park.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

This. It's a no-brainer for clubs our size to take the money and run in this situation. I haven't a clue what Alloa's ground is called; it's Recreation Park to me. Similarly if Palmerston was changed officially, it would always be Palmerston Park.

Absolutely.  Alloa and Recreation Park was the example I thought of too.   Its maybe different when it's a new stadium that changes name every few years and nobody ends up having a clue what its supposed to be called but for the likes of Somerset, Rugby Park, Palmerston, Cappielow etc it's never going to stop being called that.  

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah this.

Its Palmerston Park. It will always be Palmerston Park. I would prefer it was never renamed after a sponsor but the pragmatist in me accepts if someone offered tens of thousands a year for naming rights we couldnt afford to turn it down. It would still be Palmerston Park to everyone though even if it was officially the Macron Arena or something. 

Alloa has been the Indodrill for years. Firhill, Dens Park too. Nobody calls them the Energy Assets Arena or Kilmac Stadium in practice though. I suppose Tony Macaroni has caught on a bit at Livi but then its about their 4th or 5th attempt at naming that and its a new build without a traditional decades established name anyway. Somerset would still be Somerset to anyone with football in their blood.

Do agree but some of them do sound absolutely terrible.