The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I do as well.. but theres just a nagging worry in the back of my mind that wont go away about where the confidence is coming from to be offering the 2 year deals etc.   We shall see I guess.  

The 2 year deals don’t make any difference as long as football is not curtailed for 2 seasons , next years income pays the second year of their contract 

27 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Buttons mate.  No way they’ll plug the gap in lost revenue from that.  Are 1500+ people going to pay £18 to stream an Ayr game?  And bear in mind we’re already short of 5 home games for the season.  Cameron has made it clear on more than one occasion that there is no business model that allows clubs like Ayr to survive for any length of time playing behind closed doors.
We should be under no illusions about how serious this could get for us and pretty much every other club in the lower leagues.

5 home games less but less stewarding, turnstile operators policing costs etc

1500 fans through the gate, including anything between 20 and 200 away fans or potentially x10 that buying PPV that wouldn't normally travel to an away game. 

There is no business model because we are in uncharted territory. We had strips out early, Queens Park released theirs last week. We've had season tickets on sale, they were selling well when they were released. If there are things that the club will lose out on, they need to try and make the shortfall elsewhere. 

200 away shirts sold yesterday is an indication that we can make money through this. Maybe less than previous years but if there is a product on and off the park then it might not be to bad. 

If the supporters hub is open this side of Christmas, fans could go there and watch a game on the telly

50 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

These are the forgotten people in all this. I wonder what they'll be doing now they aren't on double time at Somerset and other grounds up and down the country. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

These are the forgotten people in all this. I wonder what they'll be doing now they aren't on double time at Somerset and other grounds up and down the country. 🤔

Contrary to popular belief they don't get overtime as standard for policing football matches. I have it on very good authority that it's a shift nobody actually wants allocated to them. 

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Contrary to popular belief they don't get overtime as standard for policing football matches. I have it on very good authority that it's a shift nobody actually wants allocated to them. 

'Remember what the match commander telt us, nae watching the game, eyes on the crowd at aw times, like quality polis!' 

IMG_20200922_150152.jpg

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In Ayrshire they use police officers already on duty. Who DO NOT get paid extra as is there working time. 

Only get paid extra if volunteer to come in on there day off which is justified.. 

Just to clear that matter up. 

5 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

In Ayrshire they use police officers already on duty. Who DO NOT get paid extra as is there working time. 

Only get paid extra if volunteer to come in on there day off which is justified.. 

Just to clear that matter up. 

Good to know bad maths. 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

1500 fans through the gate, including anything between 20 and 200 away fans or potentially x10 that buying PPV that wouldn't normally travel to an away game. 

There is no business model because we are in uncharted territory. We had strips out early, Queens Park released theirs last week. We've had season tickets on sale, they were selling well when they were released. If there are things that the club will lose out on, they need to try and make the shortfall elsewhere. 

200 away shirts sold yesterday is an indication that we can make money through this. Maybe less than previous years but if there is a product on and off the park then it might not be to bad. 

If the supporters hub is open this side of Christmas, fans could go there and watch a game on the telly

Would be interesting to know the uptake on streaming for premier league clubs and whether numbers are growing or dropping off.  I suspect I know the answer, but clubs aren’t likely to publish viewing figures.  The things you mention are revenue streams in normal seasons which supplement match day revenue, so don’t see that we can double count that money as compensating for lost gate money for months on end.  We’ve seen in previous seasons real cash flow problems simply because of a hard winter and a run of postponed games.   Looks like the lower league clubs in England are firing up distress flares already - difficult to see how or why things would be different here.  

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

Buttons mate.  No way they’ll plug the gap in lost revenue from that.  Are 1500+ people going to pay £18 to stream an Ayr game?  And bear in mind we’re already short of 5 home games for the season.  Cameron has made it clear on more than one occasion that there is no business model that allows clubs like Ayr to survive for any length of time playing behind closed doors.
We should be under no illusions about how serious this could get for us and pretty much every other club in the lower leagues.

It's a worldwide problem and all football / sports / hospitality / aviation / tourism / retail, are unfortunately all in the same boat.

This being said, I'm sure our directors will have carried out a risk assessment of "worst case scenario" situations before committing to signing new players and extending existing contracts, Yes, it's far from ideal, however I'd be shocked if the situation was quite as bleak (short term) for our football club as the picture you're painting.

Realistically we need to hope / believe that either a reliable vaccine or an "acceptable" mortality rate is found before the worlds economy heads back in to the dark ages and takes the whole of society with it and if that happens it will be more than just Ayr United that we'll have to worry about !!