The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The club will make money through live streams . Just spent £5 watching Albion play airdrie . The picture was not to bad only problem is cameras follow movement so watching the subs warm up while waiting for a corner was weird but overall would be well worth £10 

27 minutes ago, edwardo said:

The club will make money through live streams . Just spent £5 watching Albion play airdrie . The picture was not to bad only problem is cameras follow movement so watching the subs warm up while waiting for a corner was weird but overall would be well worth £10 

How is Finn getting on there? 

35 minutes ago, edwardo said:

I have no doubt the club will make money from it. Sadly I won’t be able to afford the streams if they’re anything about a fiver as I’ve had two shifts since lockdown began. Sadly think a few fans will be in the same boat as myself when furlough ends and will just wait for the highlights 

53 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I have no doubt the club will make money from it. Sadly I won’t be able to afford the streams if they’re anything about a fiver as I’ve had two shifts since lockdown began. Sadly think a few fans will be in the same boat as myself when furlough ends and will just wait for the highlights 

They'll make money from it in so far as it will bring in far more than it costs to produce. I think that's inevitable. I doubt very much that they'll get anywhere the gate receipts from equivalent games though.

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Tough times are there so you can have a good time later on and really truly appreciate it. Somerset isn't going to get up and disappear anytime soon 😊 Tough times don't last long 🙄 Strong people however, their legend will last forever 😊👍

Work will eventually pick up and something will work out for you to see the football at Somerset. I know the times are hard during the Coronavirus, money is extremely tight and not as easily flitted away as it was before lockdown 😔 which can cause a lot of problems. 

Though i urge you not to get down about it. This problem is the perfect opportunity for you to be your best. 😊👍

Be an Ayr United Supporting Legend no matter what 👍😊

Edited by Roxanne's man

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They'll make money from it in so far as it will bring in far more than it costs to produce. I think that's inevitable. I doubt very much that they'll get anywhere the gate receipts from equivalent games though.

This.

There's also the issue that even when "restricted crowds" are allowed in, it'll likely cost clubs more than normal, while itll only be season ticket holders getting in, so they'll end up losing money every game.

Clubs arent going to make anything close to their normal income until crowds are allowed in fully. Anyone who's "budgeted" for that happening this season has completely fucked it. Always some clubs trying to gain an advantage as they know other sides won't be taking risks, but this season is genuinely just about the clubs survival.

I really don't get this opinion we are overstretching or taking a gamble that fans will be allowed in sooner than later, Cameron has always been really careful with the books since he took over why in a global pandemic would he change that. We have made long overdue improvements to the facilities and hospitality that will bring in much needed revenue when the hub is up and running the cost of this probably covered by our new vice chairman who owns a construction company and we have only gave out six two year deals the likelihood is we probability offered less money but the players would want job security rather than the extra money.

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

offered less money but the players would want job security rather than the extra money.

Aye, but if you go a full season with less than half your normal income, then those wages are no longer low.

Its fine if someone is willing to pump money in I guess, its worked for County.

Aye, but if you go a full season with less than half your normal income, then those wages are no longer low.
Its fine if someone is willing to pump money in I guess, its worked for County.
I get what your saying but Cameron doesn't have the money to bankroll us and I just don't see him taking a risk on the club, he's had offers to sell the club a few times but passed up because he did not think but was in the club's best interests why would he take such a risk now and put the club at risk

Honestly if cashflow were a concern we wouldn't be making improvements to the ground and building a new club shop; office and supporters club. Not to mention all the internal improvements to the stadium (boardroom; managers office; toilets etc.) These would be one of the first things you would stop if cash was scarce.

I'm content the Directors have it in hand and have funding earmarked or secured to cover having no crowds all season if it came to it. 

Edited by Trogdor

History tells you that when it comes to denial of financial reality, football fans are in a class of their own, but really, some of the posts on these pages beggars belief.  Streaming of games will not come close to compensating for no crowds - for the lower leagues here, and in the Uk generally, the prospect of going for 6 months playing behind closed doors is simply dreadful.

The thing that beggars belief in the whole crowds in stadiums debate is that in England their are clubs that have fairly decent gates allowing fans in (or were up to yesterday) while we haven't even started back yet.

My local club is Tamworth and they played in the FA cup qualifiers yesterday in front of about 400 fans, lower than their average gates (600 to 1000 range) but still fairly big considering. It was their first competitive home game and cant see the attendance at their home friendlies, but for a ground that is smaller that Somerset (I would say its similar size to Stair Park in Stranraer, smaller stand but bigger terrance).

I wasn't there so cant comment on socially distancing etc, although that is probably what is causing the rise in cases!!!

19 minutes ago, honestly united said:

The thing that beggars belief in the whole crowds in stadiums debate is that in England their are clubs that have fairly decent gates allowing fans in (or were up to yesterday) while we haven't even started back yet.

My local club is Tamworth and they played in the FA cup qualifiers yesterday in front of about 400 fans, lower than their average gates (600 to 1000 range) but still fairly big considering. It was their first competitive home game and cant see the attendance at their home friendlies, but for a ground that is smaller that Somerset (I would say its similar size to Stair Park in Stranraer, smaller stand but bigger terrance).

I wasn't there so cant comment on socially distancing etc, although that is probably what is causing the rise in cases!!!

I saw the Stenhousemuir chairman making very similar comments last night, pointing out that there seems to be little science to back up the refusal to let small crowds in.  Most of the arguments against relate to bigger attendances which have a knock on effects for public transport and pubs which is barely relevant to lower league clubs with attendances of 1500-2000.   According to the Scottish Government, transmission is overwhelmingly being driven by indoor transmission, with “indoors” meaning each other’s houses, hence the reason they’re happy to keep pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, shopping centres etc open.  Personally, I think the SFA/SPFL are going to have to start challenging the government a bit more, because this can’t go on much beyond Christmas.

32 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I'm planning to go to Lancaster City this Saturday, just waiting to see if it goes ahead with fans. They usually sell tickets online and have quite a good video showing how the Covid rules operate within the ground.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Honestly if cashflow were a concern we wouldn't be making improvements to the ground and building a new club shop; office and supporters club. Not to mention all the internal improvements to the stadium (boardroom; managers office; toilets etc.) These would be one of the first things you would stop if cash was scarce.

I'm content the Directors have it in hand and have funding earmarked or secured to cover having no crowds all season if it came to it. 

Surely the above is being done gratis by your builder director and completely unrelated to the club's cashflow?

After a previous good season on the pitch  our budget was unexpectedly slashed last summer . Despite having a worse season this time around and being in the middle of a pandemic we seem to have cash for player contracts  and to fund building projects. New director appearing could be the reason for all of this this but difficult to tell 

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

After a previous good season on the pitch  our budget was unexpectedly slashed last summer . Despite having a worse season this time around and being in the middle of a pandemic we seem to have cash for player contracts  and to fund building projects. New director appearing could be the reason for all of this this but difficult to tell 

iirc correctly a big part of the overspend was justified as being win and goal bonuses. Nobody could have foreseen just how good we would be in the first half of the season. Most of us thought the playoffs would be a damn good season and P 5 / 6 in the league would have been decent. Fast forwards to October / November and we were justifiably talking about being in the title race before being decimated with injuries and not having the financial fire power of County to tighten up or Dundee United to sign a new squad.