The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

57 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Yeah he’s injured but Robbo has confirmed today that rumour was rubbish, good enough for me, real pity we couldn’t get Drinnan who would have been my first choice as I think with his early confidence down south he would have kicked on this season.

Not saying it’s rubbish , just that there has been no rumblings about signing him , but does not mean it a definite non starter 

17 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It could be argued that reopening schools at all costs was political - hence several other sectors having to remain closed. 

The government continue to fail to have the adult discussion they promised many months ago. For example if they were to say that fans are unable to return this year but they will be from January once current restrictions have taken effect and following a specific strict set of rules then it would be accepted more readily. Just postponing without offering a further date isn’t really good enough. 

How CAN a date be offered ?

It's the virus that's driving the decision making process and it's not following any set of deadlines, I think it's pretty much common sense to understand that we're now on the upward curve again and until we can get the virus rates back under control then realistically there's no chance of spectators being allowed back to sport and nor should they.

This could be two months, six months, 2 years or 6 weeks, who knows ???

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

It's the virus that's driving the decision making process and it's not following any set of deadlines, I think it's pretty much common sense to understand that we're now on the upward curve again and until we can get the virus rates back under control then realistically there's no chance of spectators being allowed back to sport and nor should they.

There is a date, it was October 5th and has been moved back 3 weeks, it could be moved again but there is a date. 

Yeah he’s injured but Robbo has confirmed today that rumour was rubbish, good enough for me, real pity we couldn’t get Drinnan who would have been my first choice as I think with his early confidence down south he would have kicked on this season.
Drinan will come to the club in January imo as he will have only recently recovered from his injury so will need consistent game time

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

There is a date, it was October 5th and has been moved back 3 weeks, it could be moved again but there is a date. 

And barring some sort of miraculous turn we all know the date is meaningless. We have the Prime Minister on tv this morning effectively saying things will be no better before Xmas and may be significantly worse.

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You simply cannot have current restrictions in place for 2 years without the economy completely crashing. If a vaccine is not forthcoming in the 3-6 months then the government will look at going down the route of herd immunity imo. 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We have the Prime Minister on tv this morning effectively saying things will be no better before Xmas and may be significantly worse.

Ye....but I wouldn't believe a word out of that useless prikc of a PM's mouth. 

PLEASE...can we get back to the football now.

Edited by Jazzar

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And barring some sort of miraculous turn we all know the date is meaningless.

tumblr_o3aleoGZdd1tu80cno1_r1_400.gifv.gif.d239ba0c75e7e1986269ec122775750f.giftumblr_o3aleoGZdd1tu80cno2_400.gifv.gif.bbfbfcbce42b7317f88ba9127c9e8629.giftumblr_o3aleoGZdd1tu80cno3_400.gifv.gif.a7acc16a6478044842f770a2b8d71785.giftumblr_o3aleoGZdd1tu80cno4_400.gifv.gif.9bfeee47ce2f5b172fa5147de098eaaf.gif

At least we have a back up option for a keeper in January if Sinisalo isn't up to the standard, would be surprised if he isn't though.

Can guarantee Doohan will be getting recalled by Celtic on 1st January, what an absolute waste of a loan for the kid. If I was him I'd be raging.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

At least we have a back up option for a keeper in January if Sinisalo isn't up to the standard, would be surprised if he isn't though.

Can guarantee Doohan will be getting recalled by Celtic on 1st January, what an absolute waste of a loan for the kid. If I was him I'd be raging.

It makes it even worse for Doohan that he is being kept out by a bang average keeper. In fact I’d say Laidlaw is a liability for them. I know Kelly couldn’t play today but he’s wasted there too 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, rb123! said:
8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Just shows you how unpredictable it can be with no fans to influence game , this Villa result is mind blowing 

Makes Man Utd not look as bad lol

At least they only had 10 men. 🤣

38 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Just shows you how unpredictable it can be with no fans to influence game , this Villa result is mind blowing 

In fairness I don’t think there has been any real shocks in the Scottish Premiership yet. Rangers and Celtic have both been fairly consistent. 

I asked this at the start of lockdown.

How much are we willing to sacrifice to this virus? 2 years without fans would destroy scottish football.

Is that really an option that the public would support? Not for me, and i think there are already signs that folk are starting to ignore the government advice.

Weighing up risk is a tricky thing though.