The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Why did Bell leave? Despite being ancient I'd have had him at Dens or is he completely done?

He’s got work commitments outside football in social care. He’s always been PT with us since joining but I think it’s become harder for him to commit to playing and training.

31 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Looking back at the Moore injury it says it's a recurrance of a crutiate injury, when had he done it before, was it before he signed for us?

He suffered a cruciate ligament injury in his right knee during a match against Inverness Caledonian Thistle in May 2014.  That's in his wiki

Terrible news about Moore and pretty disappointing news about Bell, although we had been expecting both.

I think it's a given that we'll now be signing at least 2 strikers as can't seriously be going into a season with only Mark McKenzie as our only recognised forward.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I asked this at the start of lockdown.

How much are we willing to sacrifice to this virus? 2 years without fans would destroy scottish football.

Is that really an option that the public would support? Not for me, and i think there are already signs that folk are starting to ignore the government advice.

Weighing up risk is a tricky thing though.

If needs must and I'm sure there will be more pressing things to worry about if the deaths and hospital cases begin to get out of control again.

Apart from this we'll all just need to adapt and cut our cloth accordingly, if that means most clubs going part time and vastly reducing wages, then so be it but I'm sure most of us will survive one way or another and ppv / streaming may become "the new norm"

That said, I do find it bizarre that you can go to the Cinema or crowded indoor shopping centres but can't attend a socially distanced football match but then again the rules are full of anomalies and contradictions and this applies across Europe / the world and not only in Scotland.