The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just watched Kerrs interview, never seen him like that, he was absolutely fizzing, was a part of interview edited in midway through which is unusual so either was camera issues or he went on a turrets rager which they took out.

Says he had a go at the team after the game, called out on "certain boys not stepping up" and "a few boys making us look like we have a soft core", then went on to praise Murdoch and Chalmers in the middle of the park, so presume it wasn't him he was jabbing at, maybe Reading/Roscoe/Baird/Miller? Also called it embarrassing losing all these quick fire goals. Bemoans not taking a foul on the guy on the break for one of their goals, didn't watch game so not sure what goal.  Says defence missed Muirhead massively.

All good and well saying what the problems are but another thing is rectifying them. Don't want to have a go at Kerr too much because it's the players who are massively letting him down because as others have said we've got a decent squad on paper, incomparable to Roberts tenure where he had a squad of duds who were his pals. However with a shortened season there's even less time to play with and a defeat to Alloa on Tuesday (if game on) should have all alarm bells fulling ringing if they aren't already at boardroom level.

If i was sitting here tonight as an Ayr United Director on the Board and supposed to be putting in say for example, £5k of my cash to help Kerr this month get some targets in i think i'd honestly be rethinking if i was doing the right thing. Also if there was a casual discussion held about whether we're better sticking or twisting with Kerr until end of season, i'd honestly say i don't know. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fantastic foresight by the club to just put all content behind a paywall.

Aside from that, anything of note said by Kerr in his post match interview?

Aye i've just done a half hearted summarise/rant lol

Good summary, thanks. Not sure why he's praising Chalmers and Murdoch in particular. Didn't see any reason to today.

As i say never watched today so can't comment however Kerr pretty much said Chalmers was outstanding today

Black and White TV is still free if you want to watch the interview.  Takes about 10 seconds to register.  Kerr is delusional if he’s excusing Chalmers and Murdoch.  
Nah, ain't going to be signing up for another streaming service, I'm at my limit atm, so might as well get used to it now. Don't know where the Chalmers praise is coming from either, last ten minutes he was just strolling beside QOS players

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:
Black and White TV is still free if you want to watch the interview.  Takes about 10 seconds to register.  Kerr is delusional if he’s excusing Chalmers and Murdoch.  

Nah, ain't going to be signing up for another streaming service, I'm at my limit atm, so might as well get used to it now. Don't know where the Chalmers praise is coming from either, last ten minutes he was just strolling beside QOS players

Battling isn't his game so we either have to put players along side him who do or don't play him. He is good at what he does but doesn't have the ball enough or have willing runners to do it. 

At one point today, he took the ball in the left back position and pinged a ball to Zanatta who was hiding behind the Queens right back, fully behind him like he didn't want to receive the pass. 

I remember when McCall took over, he said to many players were hiding during the games and not enough players were fit enough, I dont think the fitness is the issue with this team. 

We have thrived over the last few years with having a constant threat in attack but with cover in defence. Kerr was key in that, playing in an almost quarterback role. Taking the ball and dictating the play. Docherty, Adams or Bell were there to do the dirty work in front of a back 4 while Kelly, Crawford or Murdoch were there to supply energy and take the ball to the forwards. Moffat was there to take the ball for a walk, while forward players found space. 
Now we have a dodgy back 4 with no protection, a midfield of an energetic box to box player and a classy play-maker with no dig or mentality to either play a quick ball to a forward or a measured ball to a full-back/wide player. You have Moffat taking the ball for a walk with McCowan and Smith roaming and no focus player in the box like Shankland or Moore in the middle to aim at. When McCowan plays as a penalty box hanging forward he scores goals. 

We are wide open at the back and disjointed going forward and I don't think it can be fixed in a transfer window, The best I think we could manage is a couple of new defenders and picking up players for next season, Maybe Crawford back from Livi in the summer. But I think the club will need to go for experience or quality this window rather than potential.  

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Fantastic foresight by the club to just put all content behind a paywall.

Aside from that, anything of note said by Kerr in his post match interview?

Thought it worth mentioning again that you can watch the interviews and game highlights for free on the the Ayr United "Black & White TV" site until January 31st 2021.  You then have the option to pay the £5.99 a month.  I registered and did not have to give any payment information to get access - you can decide whether you think it is worth it nearer the time.

Watched Kerr's reaction to today loss and it he was obviously unhappy about it.  He made a few comments that I thought strange .  One was "I thought Murdoch and Joe Chalmers were dominant in the middle of the park today".   I thought Murdoch looked well off the form he has shown in the past (understandable as he is still coming back from a long injury)  and many of this page thought Chalmers had a poor game today. 

We have a hard month or so ahead with away games at Dundee and Dunfermline and home games against Alloa & Hearts.   We need to start picking up points soon...

3 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Thought it worth mentioning again that you can watch the interviews and game highlights for free on the the Ayr United "Black & White TV" site until January 31st 2021.  You then have the option to pay the £5.99 a month.  I registered and did not have to give any payment information to get access - you can decide whether you think it is worth it nearer the time.

Watched Kerr's reaction to today loss and it he was obviously unhappy about it.  He made a few comments that I thought strange .  One was "I thought Murdoch and Joe Chalmers were dominant in the middle of the park today".   I thought Murdoch looked well off the form he has shown in the past (understandable as he is still coming back from a long injury)  and many of this page thought Chalmers had a poor game today. 

We have a hard month or so ahead with away games at Dundee and Dunfermline and home games against Alloa & Hearts.   We need to start picking up points soon...

Its a case of worlds tallest short person, Queens fans were moaning on the match thread that their midfield was non-existent while we are complaining they didn't do much, 2 of the goals they scored by-passed both midfields entirely.  

Reading some Dundee fans reviews on tonight's game and suddenly McPake's somewhere between Klopp and Guardiola. 

In short, a run of good results doesn't make you the best, and a few bad results doesn't make you the worst. Variance dictates there will be ups and downs throughout a season. 

With all that taken into account we should finish around fifth this season. 

Chill out. 

Edited by BukyOHare

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Reading some Dundee fans reviews on tonight's game and suddenly McPake's somewhere between Klopp and Guardiola. 

In short, a run of good results doesn't make you the best, and a few bad results doesn't make you the worst. Variance dictates there will be ups and downs throughout a season. 

Chill out. 

So we should settle for being worse than the last two seasons ? Hoping it is a gradual decline rather than rapid? Thats what we should be aiming for? 

So we should settle for being worse than the last two seasons ? Hoping it is a gradual decline rather than rapid? Thats what we should be aiming for? 

We should recognise that football can change very quickly and it won’t take much for our fortunes to change.

However I think we should also accept that Kerr is still a rookie and there might be some actual merit in allowing him to make mistakes and then learn from them rather than getting all panicked and sacking him.

That's not what we're aiming for. But it's what we've got right now.

By all means aim high - but don't throw in the towel when things get tough.

16 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Chill out with the knicker wetting. Nobody's "settling" for anything. 

Its just all variance. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We should recognise that football can change very quickly and it won’t take much for our fortunes to change.

However I think we should also accept that Kerr is still a rookie and there might be some actual merit in allowing him to make mistakes and then learn from them rather than getting all panicked and sacking him.

I am not saying we should sack him, what I take issue with is people saying that we are either doing well or that we should accept our situation. We had to suffer some of the worst teams in the clubs history due to the post-Barr era financial situation and have an been gradually progressing over the last 5 years, until this year. 

For some fans to say that we should accept our lot or not speak up when we have been continually dreadful for a number of months and don't show a single sign of improvement is a tad condescending. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Chill out with the knicker wetting. Nobody's "settling" for anything. 

Its just all variance. 

23 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Chill out. 

We should finish 5th, worse than last season, chill out......this sounds like you have settled for worse than last season and we should relax and be happy with it. 

Apparently not agreeing with this is "Knicker wetting"