The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Is that seriously your level of expectation? Just to be competitive?

We’re not plucky wee Brechin from the 17/18 season for f**k’s sake. We’ve finished fourth the last two seasons, we should be aspiring to be more than just “competitive”.

You clearly haven't read any of my posts on the subject. Come back to me when you work out and realise the context behind the use of the word "competitive". 

Edited by BukyOHare

From my perspective it's down to Kerr's lack of man management skills. He has everything else but I don't think he has that arm round the shoulder chat personality.

In jobs outside of football all the time you see people promoted to the managers job as they are really good at the job, but are rubbish managers, whereas people who are rubbish at the job make great managers.

That's how it looks like to me both Kerr and McArdle have all the coaching ability, the tactics, signed some cracking players technically, but just don't have the ability to motivate the team. They either need a couple of players in to do it on the park, or a coach / assistant.

From my perspective it's down to Kerr's lack of man management skills. He has everything else but I don't think he has that arm round the shoulder chat personality.

In jobs outside of football all the time you see people promoted to the managers job as they are really good at the job, but are rubbish managers, whereas people who are rubbish at the job make great managers.

That's how it looks like to me both Kerr and McArdle have all the coaching ability, the tactics, signed some cracking players technically, but just don't have the ability to motivate the team. They either need a couple of players in to do it on the park, or a coach / assistant.

The problem is much more than simply not being able to motivate individual players. Not sure how you think they have the correct tactics, if that was the case then I doubt we would be in a position where we have only won 3 league games this season

Still can’t believe we capitulated yet again. When Kerr was appointed I thought it was a left field choice (and the cheap option). Whilst I’m not screaming for his head, as I don’t think we’ll be in a relegation battle at all (leave that for Alloa, Arbroath and QOS), we have went from play off contenders to mid table mediocrity 

Can't see any way of Tuesday nights game being on unless there's a miraculous thaw which isn't forecast.

Racecourse had their super covers down from Monday I think and their meeting yesterday was still cancelled due to frozen course so we've got no chance IMO.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can't see any way of Tuesday nights game being on unless there's a miraculous thaw which isn't forecast.

Racecourse had their super covers down from Monday I think and their meeting yesterday was still cancelled due to frozen course so we've got no chance IMO.

We aren’t playing this Tuesday? 

When you hire a young manager you have to accept that he'll be doing his learning on the job. This is the worst run of form so far for Kerr and it will be a good test for him.

I don't necessarily accept that an experienced coach would be beneficial, but, if Mark wanted to go that way, Shelley Kerr makes a lot of sense and is apparently available.

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

We def need a couple of players but at this time of year can we really expect more than a couple of loans or young players?

Kerr is definitely more vocal and animated on the touchline than he comes across in interviews, but that skill of knowing how to handle individual players and a team is surely one of the hardest things to learn for a manager. As for the tactics  I'm sure he knows his stuff but maybe now is the time to simplify it a bit and get back to basics, hopefully the Elgin game is a chance to do this and build a bit of confidence.

Could also be an almighty mess too mind.

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

See some kickback has started in the comments on the facebook page about putting the post match interview behind a paywall, hopefully the club sees it and reverses their decision.

Aye, While I think the principle of black and white tv is good the things which were previously free I.e highlights and post match interviews should remain free. Particularly in these COVID times it’s important for the fans to feel connected to the club. 

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Really need a striker to put the ball in the goal before next week. I think Kerr is still hoping for Drinan but I don’t think he has been getting game time since he regained fitness so if we sign him he’s not going to be 100% fit 

I liked Drinan and thought he was very good for us however I don’t think he’s the kind of player to come in and scored a barrel load. With Anderson away and Cameron probably following we need two strikers. 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Really need a striker to put the ball in the goal before next week. I think Kerr is still hoping for Drinan but I don’t think he has been getting game time since he regained fitness so if we sign him he’s not going to be 100% fit 

Yeah, given covid-19 Ipswich haven't played in a almost 3 weeks as well. He only started to feature again in late November off the bench a couple of times:

28 Nov- 35 mins v Charlton (off the bench)

01 Dec - 61 mins v Oxford (he started)

12 Dec - 30 mins v Portsmouth (off the bench)

15 Dec - 2 mins v Burton (off the bench)

I guess Ipswich will have a proper reserve team as well so he has probably been getting more game time than the above suggests. 

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

A striker will fix none of our problems.    

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

^This, I know this sounds bizarre but we're not looking for more ballers. For any additions  character and guile is more important than their football ability imo. 

ETA - I'm not advocating we go signing modern day Dean Keenans, before I am pilloried for this.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Against someone like Elgin city, I believe it would make a difference. We need a couple more too like a cdm and a cb too but it probably won’t happen until after that game. 

Edited by ryanayr1987

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nonsense. While It won’t  fix ALL our problems (We need a good few players in January) it will certainly help. The likes of Moffat and McKenzie can’t be relied on to score lots of goals.