The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Kerr saying a striker is coming in imminently and White being left out the Motherwell squad had a few, myself included, putting 2 and 2 together.

Guy was there at end of week and was in line for yesterday but could not get Covid test result in time , an absolute unit of a guy , can see him ruffling a few centre half’s 

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Guy was there at end of week and was in line for yesterday but could not get Covid test result in time , an absolute unit of a guy , can see him ruffling a few centre half’s 

Take it he will have got covid test today meaning he'll be fine for Tuesday night at Dundee?, McCardle spoke about being set up for physical battle against Dundee so can see him slotting right into the starting 11 in place of Zanatta on Tuesday night, only change i'd make tbh. 

I love a left field signing, hopefully the catalyst to turn the season around. I like that we have the connections to go for signings from down south or Ireland. Too often the same jobbers cycle through teams at this level.

I'd really love a combatative midfielder.

Also, did someone suggest Moore might be back soon? I may have been reading too much into it but that could be like getting a new player.

Edited by Trogdor

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Take it he will have got covid test today meaning he'll be fine for Tuesday night at Dundee?, McCardle spoke about being set up for physical battle against Dundee so can see him slotting right into the starting 11 in place of Zanatta on Tuesday night, only change i'd make tbh. 

No guarantee you'll get international clearance in 2 days. Of course paperwork might have been lodged late last week.

Another thing with getting the right kind of striker in is it will get the best out of Walsh as his crossing of the ball is excellent. 

Unsure how balance-wise that leaves McCowan on the other side though, maybe back to the left from earlier in the season. 

Edited by itzdrk

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fine for Tuesday all players and officials tested and passed today , shows we are following all protocols, Miller done a decent job against Adam at Somerset so not sure if he will play him in midfield on Tuesday but certainly Wright in place of Zanatta 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No guarantee you'll get international clearance in 2 days. Of course paperwork might have been lodged late last week.

Must be through as he was in line to play yesterday but due to time he arrived in Scotland there was not enough time to get Covid test and result is what I was told this morning 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Lots of our so called "fans" seem to take great delight in seeing us struggle and are quick to point out every negative, perceived negative and even try and turn positives into negatives !!

Why ??

We all totally get that we're not playing well and aren't getting the results which we want, but we're hardly down and out and staring relegation in the face just yet and nor do I expect us to be.

Let's take some positives for a change, we've just gone to EEP, taken a point and never looked like we were going to lose, the following day we're announcing the signing of a new Centre forward who would appear to tick all the boxes and is rated one of the best strikers in the Irish league, yet some are already writing him off as "not good enough", honestly, it's unbelievable.

Who said he wasn't good enough? I have only seen either positive or at least hopeful comments about the signing. 

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Who said he wasn't good enough? I have only seen either positive or at least hopeful comments about the signing. 

I expect he's using SRE as the barometer for the fan base. Even though 90% of the vocal ones on there don't even attend games (in a normal season). I'm convinced some of them aren't even Ayr fans. Admittedly, I've not seen any posts since they made it private and I'm definitely better for it.

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I expect he's using SRE as the barometer for the fan base. Even though 90% of the vocal ones on there don't even attend games (in a normal season). I'm convinced some of them aren't even Ayr fans. Admittedly, I've not seen any posts since they made it private and I'm definitely better for it.

An absolute utter negative forum , I took same decision as you got off it rather quickly , never seen so many negative people in the one place , 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

An absolute utter negative forum , I took same decision as you got off it rather quickly , never seen so many negative people in the one place , 

Aye I left the SRE facebook page after a 3-3 draw with Alloa early in the league winning season (new signing Shankland with 2) as the meltdown and 'McCall Out / Fat Yank Out' stuff just got too much for me haha.  We had battered them as well 😂

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Checked the SRE and couldn't see a single negative comment regarding the signing.

59 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye I left the SRE facebook page after a 3-3 draw with Alloa early in the league winning season (new signing Shankland with 2) as the meltdown and 'McCall Out / Fat Yank Out' stuff just got too much for me haha.  We had battered them as well 😂

Was that at Somerset? My overriding memory was Jim Goodwin time-wasting (he was actually playing) when Alloa were winning 3-2. I'm sure he feigned injury and the ref wouldn't let him back on the field. He was literally jumping up and down with rage.

33 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Checked the SRE and couldn't see a single negative comment regarding the signing.

Dunno where he is getting it from then.

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Honestpage used to be good until guys like WillieH ruined it and it was mercifully taken out back and shot. I have never joined the Somerset road end site or Facebook page. 

I think there's still a few punters that go on the AUFC talk. The old Honestpage was some banter when it never crashed. 

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

This guy was training with killie and has either chosen us over them or wasn't deemed worthy of a deal at Killie which wouldn't fill me with confidence. 

Had a good goal record at last club but before that he'd hardly scored any goals, bit of a gamble IMO

The guy at our local paper said he wouldn't be signing because "he wasn't what we were looking for".