The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

According to someone on the Morton forum Hopkin has already been in contact with Aidan McAdams, Kyle Jacobs and Kalvin Orsi about next season. I’d be pleased with the first two but is Kalvin Orsi not meant to be a bit shite. 

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Looks they were training at Cumnock wish I'd knew could have went for a nosey.

They've trained there most of the season. You might struggle to see through the fences now. They've been covered up as part of Cumnock's SFA Licence application. 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to someone on the Morton forum Hopkin has already been in contact with Aidan McAdams, Kyle Jacobs and Kalvin Orsi about next season. I’d be pleased with the first two but is Kalvin Orsi not meant to be a bit shite. 

Would be easier to get them if Morton go down, but then again so might we so wouldn't expect to hear about any potential deal until that is sorted out.

No idea if they're any good or not.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Highly dubious information. While, certainly with the first 2, it's believable, how that info would be out there already makes it highly likely just shite rumouring.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Think Jacobs is meant to be pretty good, I'd be keen on Strapp as well.
A mate said to me the other day, a Morton fan, that Orsi is garbage.

Jacobs is decent and one of the few we'd probably like to stay. Strapp is contracted for another year so he'd be out of your price range.

Partick trying to get all our released players ? Geggan last week and this week Stevie Bell on loan 

Unbelievable!

I bet you he has been on the blower to Jamie Adams!!!

I’d have taken Geggan and Bell on loan till end of the season!!! Part-time or not

38 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Partick trying to get all our released players ? Geggan last week and this week Stevie Bell on loan 

Yeah just saw that Robbo, bit strange how Bell can now commit to playing at a higher level again. Would have loved him to be here until the end of the season to be honest. 

McCall also almost had McDaid on loan from Dundee too but he played himself back into Dundee’s plans for the season. 

I know it's been a couple of seasons since Jacobs played for QoS,  but if you want someone to work hard,  win his share of tackles and then,  more often than not,  pass to an opposition player,  them he's your man. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

Highly dubious information. While, certainly with the first 2, it's believable, how that info would be out there already makes it highly likely just shite rumouring.

Jacobs is decent and one of the few we'd probably like to stay. Strapp is contracted for another year so he'd be out of your price range.

David Smith is loaded and we’ll pay for him if we want him. 

7E0DB1C7-7B89-41D4-BA3B-7AED9B3EB368.gif

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

Saw the club had put photos of training today on Facebook and Still no sign of McGavin or Wright - seems strange that both are supposedly fit but neither made the squad midweek and don't seem to be training either. 

Edit:  just saw VoR column saying Wright still out with a groin injury   

You can see McGavin in one this photo I am sure. 

FB_IMG_1615567356489.jpg

Just now, itzdrk said:

You can see McGavin in one this photo I am sure. 

FB_IMG_1615567356489.jpg

Possibly - I was just going off the comments on the Facebook post, I haven't got a clue what the guy actually looks like to be honest 😄 

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Possibly - I was just going off the comments on the Facebook post, I haven't got a clue what the guy actually looks like to be honest 😄 

:lol: well he has a ball at his feet so he's easy to find now. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did Hopkin not say his assistant would be joining up before the Hearts game? Is this still likely to happen do we think or will it be the beginning of next week?

He said hopefully or early next week.

Wouldn't be surprised to see I'm there even if not signed. Had that before with one of Ray McKinnon's serpents.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

He said hopefully or early next week.

Wouldn't be surprised to see I'm there even if not signed. Had that before with one of Ray McKinnon's serpents.

I'm told it's not Anton.