The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I am optimistic, hopkin only had yesterday’s training session with the team to set up and try and beat hearts. Realistically a win wasn’t on the cards, against Dundee I am expecting better. 

Hopefully Wright will be back as we don’t really have a focal point for the team and it does really show. If he’s not back by next Saturday I’d be looking for a loan player to come in 

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I am optimistic, hopkin only had yesterday’s training session with the team to set up and try and beat hearts. Realistically a win wasn’t on the cards, against Dundee I am expecting better. 

Hopefully Wright will be back as we don’t really have a focal point for the team and it does really show. If he’s not back by next Saturday I’d be looking for a loan player to come in 

Totally agree, thought we played well, had a game plan that was working well and everything was fine up until Moff gave away a daft free kick that they subsequently scored from due to a top class delivery and finish.

We could have got the draw or even nicked a win on another day.

I would also point out that Hearts are the runaway league leaders despite what some may think about them and obviously it's not just us that can't take advantage of their apparent deficiencies !!

Hopefully Wright will be back soon as I firmly believe that he could be a game changer for us.

Nine points from eight games , that’s it in a nut shell .  However he’ll be very tempted to get into the loans market and grab a striker . The question is , is such a player available ? 

I wasn’t expecting anything from today nor am I expecting us to pull up any trees in the next couple games either. Despite the last two games we’re still firmly in a relegation battle and we still have a pretty poor squad. Not saying our players are poor but there’s massive deficiencies that need addressed. No doubt we look a lot more solid with Baird and Ndaba in defence and Aero in midfield but we are so weak up front it’s unreal. If Hopkin plans on doing anything this month then he needs to bring a striker in.

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Dapo mbuede scored for qos today. He is the person we were linked to a few times this season we could do with another body up front why didn’t we make a move for someone like that? 

These are questions for another day , the focus is what’s in front of us .  Who is available and good enough ? 

I’m guessing McKenzie will start up front on Tuesday , this boy badly needs a goal . Will we get a look at McGavin ?

Also I wouldn’t be jumping out the Cup , these two games are winnable and can also be used to get our shape transitioned into what the manager is after . 

I thought we played some no bad stuff in spells :lol:. We’re not going to Hearts and dominate and dictate play with this squad, no matter how bad they may be perceived to be. I thought we defended well for most of it. The glaring thing, as it has been all season, is the lack of anything up front. Moffat a cult hero, but he’s finished as a first team starter IMO, doesn’t look like beating a man. 

Lose on Tuesday night and we'll be firmly in the shits big style...

People saying about a striker but the quality of the front 3 should be able to provide loads of chances, but aren't....

And in reality we've not had a goal scoring striker since Shankland left and Moore got royally fucked with injuries

Looking back at Inverness last night who should have beaten Raith by a couple of goals and the fact the cunning Dick Campbell always gets Arbroath out of trouble is beginning to give me the fear we might actually finish 9th...

We could easily end up being one of these teams "too good to go down", i sincerely hope i'm wrong.....

How the f**k have we ended up in the mess? FUCKING HELL 

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

No aspect of following Ayr at the moment can be considered hilarious.  An over reaction yes, but that was truly grim viewing.  I think it’s the sense of there being no real light at the end of the tunnel that’s getting to people now.  That Zanatta moment had to be seen to be believed.  If the transfer window is still open (?) we may as well roll the dice with a loan signing from somebody.

Who? From where?

The only ones available now will be the jobby rejects nobody else wants, cause they'll be shite...

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

After a few days he might not be fully familiar with our squad yet.  That was a free hit today with little expected and a chance to see what the players are all about. Would expect some changes over the next few games though  

If he isn't familiar with the squad the professional thing to do would be to leave it to Davie White for today. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

If he isn't familiar with the squad the professional thing to do would be to leave it to Davie White for today. 

He’d be familiar as he’s watched us for a few games but we only had 1 training session so not a lot of time to make a difference 

Is Wright not nearly fit / due back ??

I was under the impression that he was, in which case we don't need to be worrying about loan strikers who may or may not be available ???

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is Wright not nearly fit / due back ??

I was under the impression that he was, in which case we don't need to be worrying about loan strikers who may or may not be available ???

Still need another option! If he goes again then that could be him for the season

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

People saying about a striker but the quality of the front 3 should be able to provide loads of chances, but aren't....

And in reality we've not had a goal scoring striker since Shankland left and Moore got royally fucked with injuries

Looking back at Inverness last night who should have beaten Raith by a couple of goals and the fact the cunning Dick Campbell always gets Arbroath out of trouble is beginning to give me the fear we might actually finish 9th...

We could easily end up being one of these teams "too good to go down", i sincerely hope i'm wrong.....

I thought Raith could just as easily have won last night and in reality any one of about eight teams could easily finish either 9th or 10th, it's just about who's caught between the chairs when the music stops.

Personally I don't believe it will be us, but who knows, still, it should make for an exciting few weeks ahead !!!

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Do you seriously think Hopkin didn’t get Davie White etc any input on today?

Of course he did, he took the defensive approach of Tuesday night and absolutely ripped the piss.  

22 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Looking at this list, it would seem that we aren't alone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Of course he did, he took the defensive approach of Tuesday night and absolutely ripped the piss.  

He saw that defensive approach work and knew that we were playing against a better team. I would have liked to have seen us have more of a go but he’s only had one training session with the team. There’s no need to lose the head after one game.

36% possession and 2 efforts on target for 90 minutes effort.

At any level of the game, that isn't very good. If you go onto the pitch feeling inferior to the opposition before a balls kicked and are content to try and keep the opposition at arms length to try and get a point, you're going generally going to get the square root of not very much for your troubles.

I get today was a free hit and all that kind of talk but we weren't going to the Nou Camp or Anfield. This is a massively stuttering Hearts team, admitted week after week on here by their own fans. We have to be putting up more of a fight and threat than what we saw today. 

We held them for 70 minutes, great. Some of that time could've been spent letting them worry about us though. 

I watched Raith last night at Inverness and for that first half hour they were superb to watch. Everything done with a purpose, a tempo and a confident manner. They've gone to an equally difficult away venue in this league and more than held their own but doing so in a controlled and cohesive fashion. 

Nobody can tell me that players like McCowan, Walsh, Smith and Moffat and two forward thinking full backs in Reading and Houston shouldn't or wouldn't be able to pass and move in a similar fashion? 

Instead of being asked to defend first and foremost at almost every opportunity. 

We got what we deserved today. Imagine if a team came to Somerset and played that way against us? 

Edited by BukyOHare