The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Thoughts on today's game -

Nothing much different from the performances I watched this season under Kerr

Changes were made too late. Dont know why Barjonas didnt get some game time considering he'd probably have been up for scoring against an old team 

As much as hes a club legend, all Moff is good for these days is getting flagged offside or hitting a one on one straight at the GK. Very frustrating to see

16 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Did anybody else notice two or three people up near the corner flag at the Railway end peering over the wall? Why do people still insist in flouting the rules? 

We'd all love to be at the game guys but seriously just stay in the house.

Yeah there were folk there, surprised they weren't moved on, last time folk grouped there the police came. 

3 minutes ago, North British said:

St Johnstone just won the league cup . It can be done . Maybe not at the moment but never say never .

St Johnstone are far better than us. We’re fighting to secure our championship survival while St Johnstone have just secured top 6th. 

24 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Couldn't care less about the cup this year. 

However i'm sure Smith and directors will see it as important as ever from the financial aspect with prize money.

Worth remembering we missed out on a home league game due to how the league is split and (whether they'd have boycotted or not) our one home match against the biggest club in the league was on TV so we made nothing there.  Important to try to make it through the next two rounds of the cup and hope for a home match against someone not worth being on TV and that'll do us nicely. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

St Johnstone are far better than us. We’re fighting to secure our championship survival while St Johnstone have just secured top 6th. 

St Johnstone are better than us but as a club town etc etc ,very much the same size . Only further down the road in terms of development . Emulating them should be our goal now that we have a forward looking owner . 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Worth remembering we missed out on a home league game due to how the league is split and (whether they'd have boycotted or not) our one home match against the biggest club in the league was on TV so we made nothing there.  Important to try to make it through the next two rounds of the cup and hope for a home match against someone not worth being on TV and that'll do us nicely. 

Exactly - we need to be trying 100% to win these games in the hope we get a draw with the prospect of some income. Given we're going to finish sixth or seventh (in all likelihood) we will have a drop in income from that compared with last year, which the cup could possibly offset.

Changes were made too late. Dont know why Barjonas didnt get some game time considering he'd probably have been up for scoring against an old team 
As much as hes a club legend, all Moff is good for these days is getting flagged offside or hitting a one on one straight at the GK. Very frustrating to see
Maybe it's just the match up with Raith this season that turns the games into such dour affairs. Anyway, seen enough since Kerr was sacked to be almost confident that we won't be relegated. Moff really should have scored his one on one, or at least tested the keeper, it's strange how much he's regressed in this area, surely just a mental block

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:
3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe it's just the match up with Raith this season that turns the games into such dour affairs. Anyway, seen enough since Kerr was sacked to be almost confident that we won't be relegated. Moff really should have scored his one on one, or at least tested the keeper, it's strange how much he's regressed in this area, surely just a mental block

Yeah I'd definitely agree that we're safe. Even when we were in 9th I was confident (not arrogance) that we'd stay up

I was looking on Elgins website to see if they had any info about a stream, got sidetracked and saw they do a free online programme. Had a browse of the one from todays game and it was really detailed and enjoyable read. Makes me wonder why we havent done something like this as a nice accompaniment to the stream.  Maybe it's because I'm a traditionalist who always buys a programme (when available) at any game I go to 😂

28 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was looking on Elgins website to see if they had any info about a stream, got sidetracked and saw they do a free online programme. Had a browse of the one from todays game and it was really detailed and enjoyable read. Makes me wonder why we havent done something like this as a nice accompaniment to the stream.  Maybe it's because I'm a traditionalist who always buys a programme (when available) at any game I go to 😂

I thought we were moving to a digital programme this year.  

I don’t share people’s confidence that we’re now safe. This league shows how quickly things can turn what with us going from a team in a massive free fall now looking like a pretty competent outfit but it can easily be reversed.

We’ve got 6 games left and I’d say we need to get around 10 points from them to be safe.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t share people’s confidence that we’re now safe. This league shows how quickly things can turn what with us going from a team in a massive free fall now looking like a pretty competent outfit but it can easily be reversed.

We’ve got 6 games left and I’d say we need to get around 10 points from them to be safe.

Alloa are gone. No doubt about that. Arbroath are on a shoogly peg. Us and ICT seemed to have turned the proverbial corner. The only team I can see being dragged into it are Morton 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Alloa are gone. No doubt about that. Arbroath are on a shoogly peg. Us and ICT seemed to have turned the proverbial corner. The only team I can see being dragged into it are Morton 

Morton are quite similar to us in that they’ll start picking up the odd result here and there.

A win against Alloa I think we see us out of their reach but we’ve still work to do to get far enough away from 9th.